• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Corporate salary account vs normal savings account to fetch a mid-premium range CC

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Hello All,

My company has a tie-up with Standard Chartered and they are offering Priority/Premium banking with LTF Visa Infinite Card for Priority & Super Value Titanium CC for Premium.

I have done some research on Standard Chartered CCs & DCs but they don't seem to be great.

I am basically looking for a mid-premium range CC to get 3-5% return, I do know that Axis Atlas & HDFC Infinia gives a return in the range of (13-16%). However, I wish to add Axis Atlas and Regalia Gold. I have opened a SavingsMax account with HDFC recently.

I was wondering if I open a salary account with Axis, will they give it for LTF? But my company doesn't have corporate tie-up with Axis or HDFC and I am not willing to park several lacs in a savings account.

Nett monthly salary- 2.5lacs

Yearly spend goes till 6-7lacs when include travel.

Currently holding CCs - Citibank rewards, AmazonPay ICICI, Flipkart Axis.

Currently I hold an account with HSBC which seems to be pretty screwed up, they run a 5% cashback offer but they deny to give the cashback because mine is not a "corporate" salary account. This is why I am looking to move to a different bank for a salary account too.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
What's a good setup?
SBI cashback + ??
Consider some amount spent on overseas travel every year, plus online spends on Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato + Offline spends.
Offline+ travel atlas u can club this with amex prat travel as axis can be Litte unreliable
Sbi cashback work everywhere
Take apay for insurance payment etc 1%

& U r covered..
U can try hdfc millniea & keep on getting l.e for infinia or infina reserve if it comes

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Get higher variant account only with salary route. Avoid with savings.

No Wealth? management program is worth with saving account route unless you are negotiating things before opening and is getting what you are looking for.
Though I doubt any banks Wealth? Management program provides anything worth the cost. Some programs like HDFC Imperia are flexible, but Axis review Burgundy eligibility quarterly and can downgrade easily especially since its status is linked with M4B costing.

Note:
- Banks are not opening Salary account without tie-up anymore, so confirm before opening
- Do every negotiation before opening the account (regardless of salary or savings) and get documented via email.
- Make sure that LTF means LTF and not complimentary or atleast be aware of the difference of the offerings from them
This is my worry.
Banks are not opening Salary account without tie-up anymore, so confirm before opening

I am not looking for wealth management and god knows why these banks push for wealth management. The RMs really start pushing for ULIPs and moving mutual funds to theirs.

I plan to visit the branch. I will get these queries clarified. Though my hopes go up and down based on the inputs on Technofino. 🤞
I don't want to go to Standard Chartered :cry:

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Axis already implemented Sam Pakoda's logic. Basic accounts' DCs are more rewarding than high end accounts.
Liberty DC > Priority Salary DC > Burgundy DC in terms of rewards.
Yup today only I ready somewhere about the Liberty DC and I was :love:
I learnt that the HDFC Easyshop platinum gives 1% CB upto 750 pm for CC bill payments. But the Axis one can be utilised too for higher CC bills.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yup today only I ready somewhere about the Liberty DC and I was :love:
I learnt that the HDFC Easyshop platinum gives 1% CB upto 750 pm for CC bill payments. But the Axis one can be utilised too for higher CC bills.
Get indus select..
With indusind bank
LEGEND cc it will be zero balance

All free dc for cc bills .

Or exclusive account with pinnacle cc

_amit_

TF Premier
This is my worry.

I am not looking for wealth management and god knows why these banks push for wealth management. The RMs really start pushing for ULIPs and moving mutual funds to theirs.

I plan to visit the branch. I will get these queries clarified. Though my hopes go up and down based on the inputs on Technofino. 🤞
I don't want to go to Standard Chartered :cry:
Thats why I add ? with Wealth because its Wealth creation for banks not the customer.

techt

TF Legend
Banks are very feminine.. they will give u good cc .
What's ur portfolio of cc and what u expecting
No Way Smile GIF by Muffin & Nuts

@Riya mam had a different experience. See the below post.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No Way Smile GIF by Muffin & Nuts

@Riya mam had a different experience.

Is axis a bank - no

But odds are very favourable for women

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Banks are very feminine.. they will give u good cc .
What's ur portfolio of cc and what u expecting

I hope the banks are not making it a Diversity thing like corporates 🙈

CCs I have : Citibank rewards, ICICI AmazonPay, Axis Flipkart.

Though I am too late in the CC game and I am learning from the posts on Technofino on how to utilise CCs better.

I am looking for a CC(or two) to get atleast 3-5% return on spends. I was thinking of getting Axis Atlas + Regalia Gold. But probably Atlas after devaluation is not worth paying the renewal fees from the 2nd year, because my spends won't be able to go beyond 7.5lacs.

I am okay to utilize the reward points on Flight or Hotel vouchers.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Get indus select..
With indusind bank
LEGEND cc it will be zero balance

All free dc for cc bills .

Or exclusive account with pinnacle cc
I am a little scared of banks like IndusInd after reading some posts on Reddit.

Some folks weren't able to pay their CC bills :rolleyes:

Although I was once considering it after @helloworld suggested. I have read that they do provide free lockers with premium accounts but what if one day they run away :cautious:

_amit_

TF Premier

Though I am too late in the CC game and I am learning from the posts on Technofino on how to utilise CCs better.

I am looking for a CC(or two) to get atleast 3-5% return on spends. I was thinking of getting Axis Atlas + Regalia Gold. But probably Atlas after devaluation is not worth paying the renewal fees from the 2nd year, because my spends won't be able to go beyond 7.5lacs.

Paid premium cards from Axis are not worth it. They will only cause agony sooner or later.
Go to bank and ask for Atlas LTF with what you have to offer. Ask another near by branch, if not possible, move to HDFC and do the same.

Most likely HDFC will be the way for you.

Maybe ask ICICI branch for Emeralde private metal if you drive by any and see their reactions.

_amit_

TF Premier

Although I was once considering it after @helloworld suggested. I have read that they do provide free lockers with premium accounts but what if one day they run away :cautious:
Haha, I hope they dont run.

Also, offerings does not mean you will get it.

HDFC Imperia too have free locker offering, but rarely one gets it. Its an exceptional case to get a locker regardless of variant.

Its always good to keep banking simple, one stays calm. 0MAB is the way to go.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Paid premium cards from Axis are not worth it. They will only cause agony sooner or later.
Go to bank and ask for Atlas LTF with what you have to offer. Ask another near by branch, if not possible, move to HDFC and do the same.

Most likely HDFC will be the way for you.

Maybe ask ICICI branch for Emeralde private metal if you drive by any and see their reactions.
Okay! After casting my vote, I will utilize the rest of my Friday for this 😁 I feel quite pumped up, don't know what will happen after interacting with so many bank officials 😅

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Haha, I hope they dont run.

Also, offerings does not mean you will get it.

HDFC Imperia too have free locker offering, but rarely one gets it. Its an exceptional case to get a locker regardless of variant.

Its always good to keep banking simple, one stays calm. 0MAB is the way to go.
True. When I didn't wonder what's outside Citibank, I was at peace 🥲

Getting a locker is not easy, even in small towns.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Get in touch with @RS1910 if u looking for pinnacle cc or legend cc .
Then open account with that .
Makes u zero balance
Dc are good
Best thing is their visa card work on Paytm & gives reward.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

For atlas @drsel is the guy u can your query to

For 5 % get sbi cashback credit card . Works everywhere .

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
What's a good setup?
SBI cashback + ??
Consider some amount spent on overseas travel every year, plus online spends on Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato + Offline spends.
Offline+ travel atlas u can club this with amex prat travel as axis can be Litte unreliable
Sbi cashback work everywhere
Take apay for insurance payment etc 1%

& U r covered..
U can try hdfc millniea & keep on getting l.e for infinia or infina reserve if it comes

Solution