• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary account for 1 lac+ | ICICI vs Axis

bugmenot

TF Ace
I have an ICICI and Axis bank account, I don't know the exact variant. I am drawing 1 lac plus salary per month. Which bank account will give more benefits?

ICICI - Privilege written on top in net banking and debit card has titanium written.
Axis - Prime on top in net banking and account type is SAPPM

I am looking for benefits more on banking perspective. I have Axis MyZone & Flipkart CC and from ICICI, Platinum, Amazon & Sapphiro CC in family.

I searched ONE account of ICICI and website shows it got discontinued from 31st Aug 2022.

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does anyone know if ICICI has a restriction on number of employees? For years, our local ICICI branch has denied giving salary accounts to some of the employees in the company at which I work (employee count is 9 and they say that is too small to open a salary a/c). We pay the salary into the ICICI a/c of the employee but the employee gets no benefits like a free DC, DD, etc.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does anyone know if ICICI has a restriction on number of employees? For years, our local ICICI branch has denied giving salary accounts to some of the employees in the company at which I work (employee count is 9 and they say that is too small to open a salary a/c). We pay the salary into the ICICI a/c of the employee but the employee gets no benefits like a free DC, DD, etc.
Not sure if I recall correctly but the count has to be atleast 20 for companies to be eligible.

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not sure if I recall correctly but the count has to be atleast 20 for companies to be eligible.
Thank you. Yes, they mentioned something like that. The oddest thing is that 2.5 months worth of what we deposit as total salary for all employees easily crosses the 36 lakh minimum annual amount they specify. But, they just won't listen...

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Currently I am using HDFC account for salary credit, I have family classic banking so debit card amc is nil. My account is still shown as regular in statement. Company not listed in HDFC list so no other perks.

Wanted to explore other banks. My company is not listed in ICICI list. Is there a way to get ICICI salary account if company is not in their list?

Already have 1 axis 5k mab account without any debit card. Is it wise to convert that to salary. My company is listed there. If so which account will be ideal. Gross salary per month is close to 2L. Due to high VPF contribution net is around 1.25.

souvikr

TF Premier
Thank you. Yes, they mentioned something like that. The oddest thing is that 2.5 months worth of what we deposit as total salary for all employees easily crosses the 36 lakh minimum annual amount they specify. But, they just won't listen...
I think they are just avoiding very small companies because of a recent salary account scam happened in icici bank. Just google "icici salary account scam" for more details.

Ravana_88

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have an ICICI and Axis bank account, I don't know the exact variant. I am drawing 1 lac plus salary per month. Which bank account will give more benefits?

ICICI - Privilege written on top in net banking and debit card has titanium written.
Axis - Prime on top in net banking and account type is SAPPM

I am looking for benefits more on banking perspective. I have Axis MyZone & Flipkart CC and from ICICI, Platinum, Amazon & Sapphiro CC in family.

I searched ONE account of ICICI and website shows it got discontinued from 31st Aug 2022.

ICICI > HDFC > Kotak > Axis

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think they are just avoiding very small companies because of a recent salary account scam happened in icici bank. Just google "icici salary account scam" for more details.

Thanks for the link. In this case though, they are just being bureaucratic in terms of strictly following the rules. We have been with them for 20+ years, they are the only people we bank with and they have seen our cash flow for the last 20+ years. We would have seriously considered shifting from them after we were approached by several other banks with better offers, except for the fact that the pandemic turned up. ICICI was ultra-nice to us during the pandemic when we had money sitting in the bank account but no way to release it without the necessary paperwork and no way to get the paperwork to them because of the lockdown. They were so totally unbureaucratic during the pandemic I'm sure the staff concerned broke several of their normal rules in order to help us disburse our funds. So now, we kind of feel bad to think about about taking away our business from that branch, so we're stuck with them :(

tghige14

TF Buzz
I am getting following upgrade offer in my ICICI netbanking. I checked with RM and he said to pick the ONE account because that's available only for upgrade and new the ONE accounts are not being open.

icici_upgrade.png
I am also getting same upgrade offer. Did you upgrade your account? If yes, then which one? What are the benefits you are getting compared to the Privilege Banking account?