• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points My views on Accor hotel points redemption process

sanju8486

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can ask for the final amount or the per-night amount after discounts; they will tell you that in whatever currency you choose.
Compare it with the web rate and decide.
Accor phone support team is really patient and will repeat things 100 times before you give your final confirmation.
Thanks, will they be able to deduct the points online from my account..

Like can I do flexible booking also over call with free cancellation option before day of arrival ?

That's sweet if it can be done with reward points..

Kindly share the contact details of accor customer care pls...

Thanks a lot friend for help..

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks, will they be able to deduct the points online from my account..

Like can I do flexible booking also over call with free cancellation option before day of arrival ?

That's sweet if it can be done with reward points..

Kindly share the contact details of accor customer care pls...

Thanks a lot friend for help..
They can. I have done it few times. Did multiple bookings and cancellations 😅.

0008000501915 is the number I used.

satishg85

TF Buzz
Hi, I want to use my Accor points for availing Spa services in one of the accor properties in Goa. But I am not staying in a Accor property. Is it possible? If yes, How? Thanks in advance to the good samaritan who knows the answer to this

Lalit

TF Buzz
Another point to add in addition to my earlier post - If you book any of the accor hotels using any 3rd party tool like MMT, or Yatra, then you won't get any of the benefits (No settlement through points, no complementary voucher will work) - CONFIRMED FROM ACCOR CUSTOMER CARE
Hi, can you provide me the accor customer care number?

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Folks, I am reposting my query on this thread. Would appreciate your inputs:

I am thinking about going for an Accor Plus Explorer membership @ 12K points, as redemption at Sofitel (BKK/Siem Reap) should more than make up for the cost. I do not see Cambodia mentioned in the exclusions list, so I assume I can use Stay Plus at the Sofitel.
Can I purchase 2 nos. memberships, in my wife's name, from my account (with ALL points) ? And use 2 Stay Plus nights during out trip. If I need to create a separate ALL Account for her, can I transfer points from my ALL Account?
Would purchasing Accor Plus Explorer membership on 1st Jan give us enough time-window to get the Stay Plus for our travel in Feb end-March, and try to get Red Hot rooms to settle with Points at checkout. Should I get it sooner?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Folks, I am reposting my query on this thread. Would appreciate your inputs:

I am thinking about going for an Accor Plus Explorer membership @ 12K points, as redemption at Sofitel (BKK/Siem Reap) should more than make up for the cost. I do not see Cambodia mentioned in the exclusions list, so I assume I can use Stay Plus at the Sofitel.
Can I purchase 2 nos. memberships, in my wife's name, from my account (with ALL points) ? And use 2 Stay Plus nights during out trip. If I need to create a separate ALL Account for her, can I transfer points from my ALL Account?
Would purchasing Accor Plus Explorer membership on 1st Jan give us enough time-window to get the Stay Plus for our travel in Feb end-March, and try to get Red Hot rooms to settle with Points at checkout. Should I get it sooner?
  • Stay plus is available for Cambodia and can be redeemed at Sofitel
  • No idea about purchasing another stay plus from your account
  • You can't transfer ALL points
  • 1st Jan should get you enough time to use your Stay Plus for our travel in Feb end-March
  • Red hot rooms require pre-payment

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
  • Stay plus is available for Cambodia and can be redeemed at Sofitel
  • No idea about purchasing another stay plus from your account
  • You can't transfer ALL points
  • 1st Jan should get you enough time to use your Stay Plus for our travel in Feb end-March
  • Red hot rooms require pre-payment
Thanks a ton, @CMG. One follow up question, if Red Hot rooms require pre-payment, can they be settled only in cash? Or the remaining amount can be settled by points?

Reactions: CMG

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Thanks a ton, @CMG. One follow up question, if Red Hot rooms require pre-payment, can they be settled only in cash? Or the remaining amount can be settled by points?
If you're ready to pay with money, you can request the hotel to book it for you, mentioning that you'll be paying with points. Sometimes they will agree, but you won't know if they'll actually accept it until checkout. So be prepared to pay with money incase they reject it during checkout.

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you're ready to pay with money, you can request the hotel to book it for you, mentioning that you'll be paying with points. Sometimes they will agree, but you won't know if they'll actually accept it until checkout. So be prepared to pay with money incase they reject it during checkout.
Fair enough. Thank you.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Is there any accor escalation email id?

I did one booking under Accor plus staycation offer with free cancellation. It was a prepaid booking and required full payment in advance. Now I have cancelled it and didn't receive any refund.

Hotel and accor support both are denying refund saying it is prepaid booking and can't be refunded. I shared the email and app screenshots mentioning no cancellation charges. But they are saying that no cancellation charges mean there won't be any extra charges for cancellation, but the amount charged is still not refundable.

I am like what r u saying, how can free cancellation mean that. Who charges extra for doing cancellations. Free cancellation always mean refundable fare. But they are not agreeing.

Any way to escalate this?

If it was credit card payment, I could have applied for chargeback easily, as I have all the proofs. But this one is paid mainly through Accor points and only remaining 400 INR is through card.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any accor escalation email id?

I did one booking under Accor plus staycation offer with free cancellation. It was a prepaid booking and required full payment in advance. Now I have cancelled it and didn't receive any refund.

Hotel and accor support both are denying refund saying it is prepaid booking and can't be refunded. I shared the email and app screenshots mentioning no cancellation charges. But they are saying that no cancellation charges mean there won't be any extra charges for cancellation, but the amount charged is still not refundable.

I am like what r u saying, how can free cancellation mean that. Who charges extra for doing cancellations. Free cancellation always mean refundable fare. But they are not agreeing.

Any way to escalate this?

If it was credit card payment, I could have applied for chargeback easily, as I have all the proofs. But this one is paid mainly through Accor points and only remaining 400 INR is through card.
Did you bothered reading the terms and conditions? Bookings on different properties, offers, rooms and even length of stay have different policies.

Yes, there's free cancellation but they come with deadlines. From the day of arrival and up to 1-2-3-5-7 days before and some will not refund all nights depending on your booking.

It is not anything different than other marketing tactics, and if you didn't bother to read them then surprise surprise...

voyager

TF Buzz
I am an Accor Silver member through Reserve, traveling to Vietnam from October 2nd to 8th, 2023, with 2 Stay Plus Nights available. I also have Accor points to pay for room tariffs. I have some questions related to my accommodation plans:
  • Can I use Stay Plus Nights for consecutive days
    • If not, can I do the following?
    • Use 1 Stay Plus Night from October 3rd-4th.
    • Pay for room tariff from October 5th-7th.
    • Use another Stay Plus Night from October 7th-8th.
  • Is it best to book through the Accor App or Customer Support?
  • When is the payment due for a paid night booked through points — at the time of booking or at the time of checkout?
  • If paying at checkout with points, is advance notification to hotel required?
  • Can any hotel refuse payment through Accor points?
  • If I cancel, will Stay Plus Nights and points be credited back to my account if payment was made through points at the time of booking?
My travel plan is somewhat fluid, and I am aiming for flexibility. I have been unable to find information regarding these topics and would appreciate your assistance. Thank you for your help.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Did you bothered reading the terms and conditions? Bookings on different properties, offers, rooms and even length of stay have different policies.

Yes, there's free cancellation but they come with deadlines. From the day of arrival and up to 1-2-3-5-7 days before and some will not refund all nights depending on your booking.

It is not anything different than other marketing tactics, and if you didn't bother to read them then surprise surprise...
Yes, I did. It was free cancellation till one day before arrival. I cancelled 2-3 weeks before.

I have attached the screenshot also. You can see that it asks full amount to be paid in advance and also regarding free cancellation with no mention of any nights related requirements.

Is it possible to at least reinstate the booking?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-15-08-44-26-38_8ea7c6cbb8b8ed22ea3767ca09fed2c8.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-15-08-44-26-38_8ea7c6cbb8b8ed22ea3767ca09fed2c8.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 24

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I asked them to bill it to the room, and then settled it with points
If you settle the entire bill including room tariff with points during checkout, you get both status nights and status points. But it you settle partially, you only get status points.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you settle the entire bill including room tariff with points during checkout, you get both status nights and status points. But it you settle partially, you only get status points.

What if we pay the points in advance during booking? Do we get status nights and points?