• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points My views on Accor hotel points redemption process

Parky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I went to Kochi this week for 2 days, i was there in Novotel and ibis hotel and both comes under Accor hotel membership. I redeemed 3000 points + 850 Rs (paid through cash) against of my 6200/- on Novotel, and 2000 points + 920 Rs (paid through cash).
On asking to Accor staff, they mentioned that in multiple of 1000/2000 points can only redeemed and because the pending amount coming below of worth 1000 points(20 euros) that’s why, it has to pay through cash only.

One tip: If you haven’t added breakfast or any additional things with the room, no worries you can take during your stay time and then once it is added in the total bill, yoj can pay it through your accor points.

Also, i really not sure about the vouchers we received along with the accor membership - how they are categorised, for example - i live in bangalore so i can see most of the vouchers are from bangalore hotels, and few from Mysore and Kochi too (which is again nearby places)… please let us know if anyone received any other city vouchers who live in different part of india.

Overall a great and hassle free process.
Thanks!

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Thanks for the post..how did you transfer the points which cards you used
Can we book all Accor listed hotels using points ? or there are any restrictions ?

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr

khaitan.rajesh29

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I went to Kochi this week for 2 days, i was there in Novotel and ibis hotel and both comes under Accor hotel membership. I redeemed 3000 points + 850 Rs (paid through cash) against of my 6200/- on Novotel, and 2000 points + 920 Rs (paid through cash).
On asking to Accor staff, they mentioned that in multiple of 1000/2000 points can only redeemed and because the pending amount coming below of worth 1000 points(20 euros) that’s why, it has to pay through cash only.

One tip: If you haven’t added breakfast or any additional things with the room, no worries you can take during your stay time and then once it is added in the total bill, yoj can pay it through your accor points.

Also, i really not sure about the vouchers we received along with the accor membership - how they are categorised, for example - i live in bangalore so i can see most of the vouchers are from bangalore hotels, and few from Mysore and Kochi too (which is again nearby places)… please let us know if anyone received any other city vouchers who live in different part of india.

Thanks!
I had received Fairmont Jaipur and Delhi Novotel, Ibis Gurgaon vouchers as part of my membership.

• Hehe

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the post. If we add breakfast or dinner at hotel is it comparable to the bed & breakfast rate or the half board rate. Will the 50% Accor plus coupon reduce the food rates and then be added to final bill. Also can the Accor plus rates 20% off be paid via points

• Hehe

miles_guy

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the post. If we add breakfast or dinner at hotel is it comparable to the bed & breakfast rate or the half board rate. Will the 50% Accor plus coupon reduce the food rates and then be added to final bill. Also can the Accor plus rates 20% off be paid via points
+1 want to know this.

• Hehe

miles_guy

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have already paid for my Accor room with points (Europe), if I have breakfast/lunch at the hotel, can I settle the bill with points?

• Hehe

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Has anyone faced issues with points redemption for member rates at Novotel/Pullman ?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Hi All,

Thanks!
Yes, the vouchers are city specific. Few are whole India and Sri Lanka specific. There'd be few for Goa

Parky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Another point to add in addition to my earlier post - If you book any of the accor hotels using any 3rd party tool like MMT, or Yatra, then you won't get any of the benefits (No settlement through points, no complementary voucher will work) - CONFIRMED FROM ACCOR CUSTOMER CARE

grshnehete

TF Select
For foreign trips, for example Singapore, does the room cost which has flexible option, can be redeemed through points?
We cannot use the normal non refundable option which is cheaper?

Can I book the 1st options through points?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-21-00-25-14-93_8ea7c6cbb8b8ed22ea3767ca09fed2c8.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-21-00-25-14-93_8ea7c6cbb8b8ed22ea3767ca09fed2c8.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 175

grshnehete

TF Select
For foreign trips, for example Singapore, does the room cost which has flexible option, can be redeemed through points?

Anyone has any idea about this?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Send a mail to the property for the best available rate. If it lower, ask them to book it. Mention that you will be paying with points and get confirmation. You cannot book non refundable option as that requires pre payment. You might be able to get this rate if you email and book.

When you check in, redeem the points.

Hi Reception,

I am writing to inquire about a room booking I am interested in making at your property. Kindly provide me with a revised quote for the following

Dates of Stay:
Number of Guests:
Number of Rooms:
Room Type: (with breakfast/half board/full board)
Property:
Membership Number: XXXXXX XXXXXX XX

I would also like to inquire about the possibility of using membership points during check-in or during reservation. I understand that there is a conversion scheme where 1,000 points can be redeemed for 20 Euros, and similarly, 20,000 points for 40 Euros. Could you kindly confirm if these points can be redeemed during the check in.

I understand that the terms and conditions for point redemption may vary and I would greatly appreciate your guidance in this matter. If there are any specific procedures or requirements that I should be aware of prior to my stay, please do let me know.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated as it would assist me in finalizing my travel arrangements. I look forward to another enjoyable stay at your hotel.

Best Regards,

Name

khaitan.rajesh29

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Are regional vouchers hotel specific? Can you share which state are you in and what all vouchers did you get?
I stay in Gurgaon but I had taken Jaipur membership as it had some additional vouchers. However, I got few Fairmont vouchers and few vouchers of Novotel/Ibis of Delhi/NCR. You also get a voucher which can be used all over India.

For stay, you can obviously stay all over Asia in participating hotels.

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Has anyone settled a large stay and food bill (1 lacs plus) directly at the hotel in Dubai? When I try to book through app using flexible option (with cancelation option), I get the no payment required now response.