• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Accor Gold - The new kid on the block - Is it worth it?

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A lot has been discussed about Accor Plus, recent wave of discussion after infamous Axis devaluation on Twitter is Accor Gold using bunch of methods.

They have covered it pretty well.

For 298 Euros, direct gold membership through Ibis stacking of 2 cards.
Else monthly 100 Euros roughly (560 Brazil Real) , you get 5000 points + 1000 status points.
The issue with the latter is that even if one starts today, you still need to get the last 1000 on your own by revenue stays.

Now coming to the important question, how do we even quantify Accor Gold status? Unlike Plus or Mariott, ITC, Taj, no breakfast or free stays is included.
1689772077334.png

How does one even quantify "guaranteed room" or Room upgrade on request which is also a massive unknown, Maybe early check-in or later checkout its quantifiable given Accor outside india is super strict with their checkout times, i have personally had 2 bad experiences expecting Mariott level of leniency with Accor Singapore.

Will keep adding extra information to this thread as and when i learn more stuff on this through their customer support.

thedator

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A lot has been discussed about Accor Plus, recent wave of discussion after infamous Axis devaluation on Twitter is Accor Gold using bunch of methods.

They have covered it pretty well.

For 298 Euros, direct gold membership through Ibis stacking of 2 cards.
Else monthly 100 Euros roughly (560 Brazil Real) , you get 5000 points + 1000 status points.
The issue with the latter is that even if one starts today, you still need to get the last 1000 on your own by revenue stays.

Now coming to the important question, how do we even quantify Accor Gold status? Unlike Plus or Mariott, ITC, Taj, no breakfast or free stays is included.
1689772077334.png

How does one even quantify "guaranteed room" or Room upgrade on request which is also a massive unknown, Maybe early check-in or later checkout its quantifiable given Accor outside india is super strict with their checkout times, i have personally had 2 bad experiences expecting Mariott level of leniency with Accor Singapore.

Will keep adding extra information to this thread as and when i learn more stuff on this through their customer support.

Ohh, did they charge you extra? What happend?

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently was able to get early check/late checkout at 3 accor properties abroad with request over mails and then talking to reception at the hotel. My past number of stays and points balance helped ;). So without any memberships got the benefits

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I recently was able to get early check/late checkout at 3 accor properties abroad with request over mails and then talking to reception at the hotel. My past number of stays and points balance helped ;). So without any memberships got the benefits
I have 29 status nights, requested them to upgrade room for upcoming stay. Let's see if they accept 😉.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thsi

I am thinking of booking 1 room extra as I will be on 29 nights for 2023. Just to reach the gold tier
I will cross 30 before year end, as my next stay is next week only. Just want to get upgraded in that as well😂.

Hotel replied saying they have noted my request and will check at the time of check-in based on availability.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I tried that as well, they didn't accept! :)
Yeah, didn't work for me too. Denied upgrade citing u r not gold yet and it is almost full as it's new year (though I could see availability in accor app). Wasn't offered even the late check-out option😞.

And in one of the ibis, they denied upgrade saying it is not applicable to budget hotels, even if they have higher class rooms available, after I became gold member.

Now I don't see any value in gold at all. I do have it for whole of this year, but most of my stays will mostly be in ibis, adagio or ibis styles hotels only, so I will never get an upgrade, even if hotel has higher class of rooms.

aashish2137

TF Select
Yeah, didn't work for me too. Denied upgrade citing u r not gold yet and it is almost full as it's new year (though I could see availability in accor app). Wasn't offered even the late check-out option😞.

And in one of the ibis, they denied upgrade saying it is not applicable to budget hotels, even if they have higher class rooms available, after I became gold member.

Now I don't see any value in gold at all. I do have it for whole of this year, but most of my stays will mostly be in ibis, adagio or ibis styles hotels only, so I will never get an upgrade, even if hotel has higher class of rooms.
Same. Hence I didn't push for it. In my experience, we booked Novotel Juhu beach Mumbai. I sent in a request for an upgrade and even called them in advance, they said it was based on availability at the time of check-in. We checked in around 5pm on the same day and got the best possible rooms, without gold membership. It's all based on luck..