• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points My views on Accor hotel points redemption process

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
If you settle the entire bill including room tariff with points during checkout, you get both status nights and status points. But it you settle partially, you only get status points.
What do you mean by "settle partially"?

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What do you mean by "settle partially"?
And how do u settle completely by points. Some don’t accept for tax part. Also it has to come to the figure of 40 euro, or did ur hotel settle fully with some leeway

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, I did. It was free cancellation till one day before arrival. I cancelled 2-3 weeks before.

I have attached the screenshot also. You can see that it asks full amount to be paid in advance and also regarding free cancellation with no mention of any nights related requirements.

Is it possible to at least reinstate the booking?
Call them ASAP, these terms should have been part of the booking confirmation email.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Call them ASAP, these terms should have been part of the booking confirmation email.
Yes it is. I shared the email pdf also.

But they are saying, free cancellation only means that cancellation will be free of cost without extra charges. But whatever amount is paid already is still non refundable.

Also, They shared their own snapshot, where it says booking is non refundable. So, it is like I got different details on my app and email. And they got different one. And my guess is that it is also one of those several bugs in their app. But they aren't acknowledging that.

At this point, my only hope is that at least they reinstate my booking without any changes and charges. At least that is better than not refunding anything. I will change my plans accordingly.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

But they are saying, free cancellation only means that cancellation will be free of cost without extra charges. But whatever amount is paid already is still non refundable.

Also, They shared their own snapshot, where it says booking is non refundable. So, it is like I got different details on my app and email. And they got different one. And my guess is that it is also one of those several bugs in their app. But they aren't acknowledging that.

At this point, my only hope is that at least they reinstate my booking without any changes and charges. At least that is better than not refunding anything. I will change my plans accordingly.

Does it matter what is visible at their end? The TnC that is visible to a customer should matter in this. You can try raising a complaint at INGRAM portal?

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
Is there any accor escalation email id?

I did one booking under Accor plus staycation offer with free cancellation. It was a prepaid booking and required full payment in advance. Now I have cancelled it and didn't receive any refund.

Hotel and accor support both are denying refund saying it is prepaid booking and can't be refunded. I shared the email and app screenshots mentioning no cancellation charges. But they are saying that no cancellation charges mean there won't be any extra charges for cancellation, but the amount charged is still not refundable.

I am like what r u saying, how can free cancellation mean that. Who charges extra for doing cancellations. Free cancellation always mean refundable fare. But they are not agreeing.

Any way to escalate this?

If it was credit card payment, I could have applied for chargeback easily, as I have all the proofs. But this one is paid mainly through Accor points and only remaining 400 INR is through card.
same issue let me know if u get a solution

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Something is fishy. If your booking confirmation has the cancellation policies, that's what applies.

It's not even debatable and no customer service is going to debate it let alone argue with screenshots, not Accor.

Ask to be escalated and perhaps share on Twitter if they have a support account there. With their argument and silly behavior.
If your story is right, then the customer service agent is going to be in hot water for that.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Something is fishy. If your booking confirmation has the cancellation policies, that's what applies.

It's not even debatable and no customer service is going to debate it let alone argue with screenshots, not Accor.

Ask to be escalated and perhaps share on Twitter if they have a support account there. With their argument and silly behavior.
If your story is right, then the customer service agent is going to be in hot water for that.
I messaged Accor plus support 2-3 days back. Today got a reply from hotel that they have asked India accor plus team to refund the points and hotel will initiate refund for credit card amount. They are not sure about timeline of refund yet. Hopefully I will get it soon.

But now I won't do any prepaid booking, which requires online payment in full, or at least assume that as non refundable fare.

Also, there is one more issue with another booking. I paid 2000 points online and then 1000 more points after contacting hotel (to avoid network issue on arrival). On cancellation, I got the 2000 points back, but not the 1000 points deducted by hotel directly. Hotel is ready to refund, but they are saying there is no technical feasibility to process refund for these. So my 1000 points are stuck there as well. They can adjust points on same date for another booking, but can't adjust points on a different date.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I messaged Accor plus support 2-3 days back. Today got a reply from hotel that they have asked India accor plus team to refund the points and hotel will initiate refund for credit card amount. They are not sure about timeline of refund yet. Hopefully I will get it soon.

But now I won't do any prepaid booking, which requires online payment in full, or at least assume that as non refundable fare.

Also, there is one more issue with another booking. I paid 2000 points online and then 1000 more points after contacting hotel (to avoid network issue on arrival). On cancellation, I got the 2000 points back, but not the 1000 points deducted by hotel directly. Hotel is ready to refund, but they are saying there is no technical feasibility to process refund for these. So my 1000 points are stuck there as well. They can adjust points on same date for another booking, but can't adjust points on a different date.
Finally got points for both hotel cancellations. Second one is mentioned as courtesy points😉. I think Accorplus India team helped in getting it credited.

Now only remaining thing is credit card 400 rs, which hotel said that it will take 4 weeks to refund.

Cashif

TF Buzz
Kinda offtopic but need help guys.

How do we transfer Edge rewards from another account to my Accor membership? My card was approved only last month but I was able to reach Milestone. This month around 10th I registered Accor membership and linked to Axis account and transferred 30k points. Now because of devaluation, I purchased 50k points, who has not linked to Accor, but he is not able to transfer points. How to go about this.

Also if Accor transfer fails, what is the best way to utilize reward points since I have already paid?

saketreddy

TF Premier
Kinda offtopic but need help guys.

How do we transfer Edge rewards from another account to my Accor membership? My card was approved only last month but I was able to reach Milestone. This month around 10th I registered Accor membership and linked to Axis account and transferred 30k points. Now because of devaluation, I purchased 50k points, who has not linked to Accor, but he is not able to transfer points. How to go about this.

Also if Accor transfer fails, what is the best way to utilize reward points since I have already paid?
Depends upon you travel plans within next 2 years

Cashif

TF Buzz
Depends upon you travel plans within next 2 years
Planning trip next year but wanted to accumulate points before devaluation this month.

Just want to know if we can link two Axis accounts to one Accor membership and if not, what is the way to transfer points? TIA

Edit: He does not have Burgundy account, so best is to transfer points before month-end.

saketreddy

TF Premier
Planning trip next year but wanted to accumulate points before devaluation this month.

Just want to know if we can link two Axis accounts to one Accor membership and if not, what is the way to transfer points? TIA

Edit: He does not have Burgundy account, so best is to transfer points before month-end.
Better to transfer to an instant transfer or quick transfer partner like united, air canada, bonvoy, turkish, etc.

Wouldn't be good if accor transfer gets rejected and points are refunded after 1st sept.

Cashif

TF Buzz
Better to transfer to an instant transfer or quick transfer partner like united, air canada, bonvoy, turkish, etc.

Wouldn't be good if accor transfer gets rejected and points are refunded after 1st sept.

Thanks for reply but please clarify, we can link TWO Axis accounts to a single Accor, right? or

Transfer from TWO different Axis accounts to Accor?

saketreddy

TF Premier
Thanks for reply but please clarify, we can link TWO Axis accounts to a single Accor, right? or

Transfer from TWO different Axis accounts to Accor?
As per T&C we cannot, but many have done it.

Usually, these days accor transfers are going through lot of checks, so better to remain cautious.

Dear All
I have a query .I have booked hotels in Bali using accor points transferred through axis.In.many places I have read that Accor points can be used in case of flexible rate option .I have booked under nonrefundable option wherein I had paide 59k through points and rest 3 k through Cc.
Did I do anything wrong?
They have already charged my card .Can I make any food bill adjusted against my accor points.

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
Dear All
I have a query .I have booked hotels in Bali using accor points transferred through axis.In.many places I have read that Accor points can be used in case of flexible rate option .I have booked under nonrefundable option wherein I had paide 59k through points and rest 3 k through Cc.
Did I do anything wrong?
They have already charged my card .Can I make any food bill adjusted against my accor points

The Point value reduces when you use it on food. Nothing is wrong when you pay through points:)