• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points My views on Accor hotel points redemption process

momo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I just settled a total of 2.1L bill in Singapore (stay + f&b). You can simply book using the app (under the no pre-payment option), and settle the bill during checkout using points.

How do you pay at the hotel? Is there an OTP or something, or is internet access sufficient?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
What happens when we charge it to room?
Yes better vfm will be taking a room for a night with half board option which gives dinner and breakfast for 2 person which is almost equivalent to the lunch buffet but we should have that night time availability free from family

khaitan.rajesh29

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi, Is there any way to book a non refundable room plan using Accor points for hotels in India. I am able to book non refundable rooms in international hotels, however not in India. I have to prepay and book using points and ready to pay the difference amount via card.

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Call and book.
Hi, Is there any way to book a non refundable room plan using Accor points for hotels in India. I am able to book non refundable rooms in international hotels, however not in India. I have to prepay and book using points and ready to pay the difference amount via card.

manzb

TF Premier
Strange.. typically all want’s refundable rooms, and here you are looking for non refundable.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i have 47000+ accor points.but when i tried to book the raffles udaipur.its saying me i can redeem these points for around 66000+ rupees.

i am confused arent accor points valued at 1.8.even if i assume multiple of 2000 then i should able to redeem 46000 points at 82800(46000*1.8).

am i missing something here.the room rate is around 66000 + taxes.

do we have to pay taxes and we can only redeem room tariff.

can someone please clarify?

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i have 47000+ accor points.but when i tried to book the raffles udaipur.its saying me i can redeem these points for around 66000+ rupees.

i am confused arent accor points valued at 1.8.even if i assume multiple of 2000 then i should able to redeem 46000 points at 82800(46000*1.8).

Directly book without redeeming points, redeem while checkin

voyager

TF Buzz
If I reserve a hotel using Accor points at the time of booking, and the reservation includes a free cancellation option, will my points be refunded if I cancel the booking? Or is the free cancellation policy only applicable to bookings made with regular payment methods?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

It means you can use the points upto 66000 inr. Its not about using your entire points for 66000. Even if you have 500k points, it will show the same thing.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It means you can use the points upto 66000 inr. Its not about using your entire points for 66000. Even if you have 500k points, it will show the same thing.
but why is that.I also observed if i opt for higher room category it will allow me to use more points.but its not allowing to use 100% room tariff.

for example, if the room rate is 80000, it allows me 77000 something. does it mean you can only redeem 80-85% in points and rest you have to pay.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
but why is that.I also observed if i opt for higher room category it will allow me to use more points.but its not allowing to use 100% room tariff.

for example, if the room rate is 80000, it allows me 77000 something. does it mean you can only redeem 80-85% in points and rest you have to pay.
You are only able to utilize it in increments of 2000, which is equivalent to 40 euros.

Take for example, if the room charge is 80 euros excluding tax, you can apply 4000 points and shoulder the tax amount yourself (some establishments permit you to cover the tax using points too. Some allow in increments of 1000 too).

In case the room rate is 90 euros excluding tax, you're still limited to using 4000 points. You'll have to cover the remaining 10 euros and the tax out of your own pocket.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Any idea about th
Please refer screenshot..
If I use this option now to redeem points..
Will i.be able to pay the remaining bill at hotel also using points ?
Kindly confirm
Yes, hotel redemption will work.

But better option is just call accor helpline and book to get peace of mind. Over call, u can pay taxes also using points. Same price as app and no extra charges. Customer care is very polite and repeat everything multiple times.

sanju8486

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes, hotel redemption will work.

But better option is just call accor helpline and book to get peace of mind. Over call, u can pay taxes also using points. Same price as app and no extra charges. Customer care is very polite and repeat everything multiple times.
Heard there are extra charges of hotel booking over call..
Pta ni kahan, I saw that .

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Heard there are extra charges of hotel booking over call..
Pta ni kahan, I saw that .
You can ask for the final amount or the per-night amount after discounts; they will tell you that in whatever currency you choose.
Compare it with the web rate and decide.
Accor phone support team is really patient and will repeat things 100 times before you give your final confirmation.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
You can ask for the final amount or the per-night amount after discounts; they will tell you that in whatever currency you choose.
Compare it with the web rate and decide.
Accor phone support team is really patient and will repeat things 100 times before you give your final confirmation.
And u can cancel even before they cut the call and get instant refund 🤣.