• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Bank was forced to give me the promised Credit card

silly_putty

TF Premier
This post is a continuation of https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/kotak-bank-misselling-credit-card.12450/

exactly a month ago on this date, kotak bank employee scammed me with promising to give Kotak mojo card with 60,000 limit and lifetime free card but when i accepted the card, it turned out to be kotak 811 card with 14,000 limit and had charges associated with it.

16.05.23: -
I called Kotak's phone banker and complained to her, and she said she has raised a complaint, rather it was actually for cc cancellation. On the next day their cancellation team called me and said to me that they cannot provide me the promised card and limit is as per my cibil. They tried to sell Kotak urbane card but i declined.

19.05.23: - Called the banker again on 19th and this time also wrote an email via their website as they dont have independent email. But their website is just another blackhole, whatever mail you send them you neither get receipt or reply on it.

For Kotak you need to raise a complaint via "HELP" tab and then they acknowledge your complaint. BTW Till 19th may, Sanket was asking me not to raise a complaint as it would lead to confusion, and he will provide the promised card.

20.05.23: -Surprisingly the complaint i made via phone banker again didn't exist, so just asked twitter as well to raise a complaint for the same just to be safe, they gave the same reference number with generic response received on the help tab.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 201501.png

29.05.23:- I received a call from their investigative team, who asked for all the call recordings and otp screenshot to them via mail, which i promptly provided to them, but they never responded to later. During the call, I asked the team if they can provide the promised card, to which they replied that i need to contact their senior, and they never provided their senior's contact details.

kotak proof email.png

02.06.23:- I called phone banker and asked for any updates for the ticket and Kotak bank said that the ticket was closed because i was sent a link during application which states all the details and charges for the card, which again was a lie as Sanket just took the OTP and did the process himself. I also asked twitter team and they too gave the generic response to me.

kotak twitter 1.png kotak twitter 2.png

I was never this angry and frustrated with anything in my entire life, at this point i really felt agonized and decided to escalate this issue to RBI OMBUDSMAN, i wrote a detailed complaint to them.

03.06.23: - literally the next day i got a mail and call from Kotak's Nodal Officer who asked me to resend the call recordings and screenshots personally to him as the previous investigative team blatantly lied about the facts of the case to the bank.

15.06.23:- I saw a request for limit enhancement appear and guess what, it was from the bank itself, they raised the limit to Rs 60,000 as promised on the current 811 card.

16.06.23:- I got a call from the same nodal officer informing me that the limit on the current card was increased so that they can provide the mojo card lifetime free to me, i cannot describe how happy I'm right now as im writing this post.

I'm even planning to write an appreciation letter the RBI OMBUDSMAN as without their help, Kotak bank would have got away with their pathetic treatment to customers. To any one facing similar problem with banks, dont give up, fight as hard as you can, even though the entire experience would be frustrating and cumbersome, please dont ive up hope and dont let these huge financial institutions take advantage of your situation.

Thanks to everyone who supported me in the previous thread and pursued me to get what i was promised, without your support i would have actually settled with the urbane card as i was taking the easy way out of it.

The community has been helpful to me since day i joined this forum, Thanks alot!

edit:- received a confirmation on mail as well.
Screenshot_20230617-104106_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:

arunb248

TF Buzz
Bro, Do you think it's over? This stupid kotak bank started charging for limit enhancement also. Worst banking service also. Better to stay away such cheap mentality bank. I lost almost 5k+ due to there worst service. Never wants to opt for any kotak service this is a sick bank of Indian market.

silly_putty

TF Premier
Bro, Do you think it's over? This stupid kotak bank started charging for limit enhancement also. Worst banking service also. Better to stay away such cheap mentality bank. I lost almost 5k+ due to there worst service. Never wants to opt for any kotak service this is a sick bank of Indian market.
Care to elaborate about credit enhancement charges?

silly_putty

TF Premier
99+ GST each time when we got limit enhancement offer. I don't see any other bank in India charging for limit enhancement.
Honestly idc about limit as when i was trying to get the card, it was because i only had hdfc bank cards and my credit utilization was messed up, i have no longer need for it unless they do it for free.