• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indusind account freeze without proper notification

ghost of sparta

TF Select
I have an indusind exclusive account from a couple of months. Out of no where, the day before yesterday, I got an message saying the my account is blocked and I should go the bank with my kyc details.
I was shocked and called my relationship manager. Him being an lazy ass, only picked up the call on fourth attempt. I asked the reason for abrupt freezing of my account. He is unable to provide an answer but he said he'll send an verification agent. Yesterday, the verification agent came and collected my document. I called my relationship manager again asked when can I expect my account to unfreeze. He said it'll probably take 1 week because the bank manager has to send an email to zonal head for approval to unfreeze.

WTF is this?
1) They have no reason to block my account. I only do atmost 5 transactions per month and did no fraudluent transactions or money rotation. I already submitted all the requested kyc docs at the time of account opening. Why are they asking for them again after only 6months?
2) Even if they want to block my account, they should notify me first before doing so.
3) I have explained to my RM that I have more than 50k parked in that account and I need that money urgently to pay credit card bill. But he has no sense of urgency, he is saying that it'll take a week atleast to unfreeze my account.

This is illegal right? How can they deprive me of my own money without any valid reason?. I searched around and found this article which says,
In light of a ruling by the Gujarat High Court, banks are prohibited from freezing customers’ accounts for KYC details without prior notification to the customer. This judgment safeguards consumers from harassment due to repeated demands for KYC compliance.
Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Based on my previous experience of late responses, I don't think it will be of any use even if I email customer care or pno. Can I open an RBI Ombudsman complaint?

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
I have an indusind exclusive account from a couple of months. Out of no where, the day before yesterday, I got an message saying the my account is blocked and I should go the bank with my kyc details.
I was shocked and called my relationship manager. Him being an lazy ass, only picked up the call on fourth attempt. I asked the reason for abrupt freezing of my account. He is unable to provide an answer but he said he'll send an verification agent. Yesterday, the verification agent came and collected my document. I called my relationship manager again asked when can I expect my account to unfreeze. He said it'll probably take 1 week because the bank manager has to send an email to zonal head for approval to unfreeze.

WTF is this?
1) They have no reason to block my account. I only do atmost 5 transactions per month and did no fraudluent transactions or money rotation. I already submitted all the requested kyc docs at the time of account opening. Why are they asking for them again after only 6months?
2) Even if they want to block my account, they should notify me first before doing so.
3) I have explained to my RM that I have more than 50k parked in that account and I need that money urgently to pay credit card bill. But he has no sense of urgency, he is saying that it'll take a week atleast to unfreeze my account.

This is illegal right? How can they deprive me of my own money without any valid reason?. I searched around and found this article which says,
In light of a ruling by the Gujarat High Court, banks are prohibited from freezing customers’ accounts for KYC details without prior notification to the customer. This judgment safeguards consumers from harassment due to repeated demands for KYC compliance.
Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Based on my previous experience of late responses, I don't think it will be of any use even if I email customer care or pno. Can I open an RBI Ombudsman complaint?
You are new to LindusLind. This is your first hug from bank. Let's see what happens to you next

Btw it's a regular exercise from LindusLind

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
what do mean by regular exercise? I have a savings with Axis, HDFC, ICICI for 6 years but my accounts never blocked.
I know that but indusind has issue with kyc of all customers.When Branch employees do your kyc which is not accept later by zonal head department will face account freeze. This is a regular issue may be faced by everyone. So you need to do a fresh kyc.
Again in future also your account may be freeze for same issue so don't have much balance on same account.

Strange

TF Legend

WTF is this?

Read more at:

Did they unfreeze your account?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

WTF is this?

Read more at:

Closing the account gets u instant money 🌚
If case is not of fraud or police/ court directives to freeze

ghost of sparta

TF Select
Did they unfreeze your account?
After waiting for one week, I went all ape shit crazy and mailed PNO and raised a complaint with RBI Ombudsman few days later. I got a call from the branch manager (who was too busy the previous week to talk to me) and he apologized, and requested me to close the complaint at that instant (the audacity of that a**h**e). I said I will close the complaint only when they unfreeze my account. They unfreezed it two days after that interaction.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
After waiting for one week, I went all ape shit crazy and mailed PNO and raised a complaint with RBI Ombudsman few days later. I got a call from the branch manager (who was too busy the previous week to talk to me) and he apologized, and requested me to close the complaint at that instant (the audacity of that a**h**e). I said I will close the complaint only when they unfreeze my account. They unfreezed it two days after that interaction.
Moye Moye .