• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak 811 account debit freeze

friends2b11

TF Select
We wish to inform you that the status of your account XXXX2278 has been changed from No Freeze to Debit Freeze on 06-04-2024 for TXN PATTERN MISMATCH VIS-A-VIS DECLARED PROFILE. For any assistance please contact your Home Branch.

Customer care says to visit the branch but the bank is 100 km away. Any solution ?

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
No, only branch can remove debit freeze.

If there was no cycle crime issue then update kyc in branch again and provide documents asked by your branch then after your debit freeze would remove.

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
look in your case there is one option only left closing of account. The freeze will never be removed so i will recommend you to take Cancelled Cheque and Aadhaar and Pan Card with you as Branch is away so instead of giving time again for visit just close it in one go.
IDfc and Kotak are famous for that.

friends2b11

TF Select
look in your case there is one option only left closing of account. The freeze will never be removed so i will recommend you to take Cancelled Cheque and Aadhaar and Pan Card with you as Branch is away so instead of giving time again for visit just close it in one go.
IDfc and Kotak are famous for that.
I have heard that no bank allows closing the account under debit freeze ?

Abhi5467

TF Select
My account was also freezed due to not doing KYC in said timeline. I don't remember if was debit freeze or not. But whenever I open app and try to login it says visit branch for further process and kyc.

friends2b11

TF Select
Little too much, that's why I asked no. of trxn earlier1-3///
One to five UPI transactions are done every week.I paid the own credit card bill with the money that came to my account through UPI.

As the nearest branch is 100 km away and this is my mother's account.

That's why I don't want my mother to go to the branch twice to solve the problem.

So what would be theke best solution? Should I go to the bank and tell them that I want to close the account, will they ask for any proof of where the money came from?

Or should I tell the bank to close/upgrade the account and open a new premium(10/25MAB) account so that they can resolve the matter quickly ?

Closing the account or lifting the debit freeze on the account which will be easier and will not require any extra documents ?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
One to five UPI transactions are done every week.I paid the own credit card bill with the money that came to my account through UPI.

That's why I don't want my mother to go to the branch twice to solve the problem.

So what would be theke best solution? Should I go to the bank and tell them that I want to close the account, will they ask for any proof of where the money came from?

Or should I tell the bank to close/upgrade the account and open a new premium(10/25MAB) account so that they can resolve the matter quickly ?

Closing the account or lifting the debit freeze on the account which will be easier and will not require any extra documents ?
Ask customer care to arrange a callback from branch. Ask them the reason and what all docs are required.

Best and easiest would be closure of account. Download the form, fill up the details, scan it and mail to branch officials. They will process closure.

BTW how much amount is lying in that account?

#aniket

TF Ace

I can sense, this is Prevarication and nothing else.

Lastly, contact your branch and ask what can be done and what sorts of formalities to be carried out, that's all.

Not going to reply further, unless full disclosure is made without a lie.