• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

beingmohit

TF Premier
I deposited around INR 1.5l in my wife's Kotak 811 account. Today, we discovered that they randomly froze her account. As per the email communication, she has to visit her home branch to unfreeze the account. The problem is we are not in India currently and we won't be there in the foreseeable future. What are my options?

ak907765

TF Buzz
Guys I opened kotak bank account as student in profile,
I withdraw 50000 from a betting site
And my account is debit freeze now due to transcaction mismatch
I have 1.5 lakhs in my account
I visited branch, they said we have forwarded the mail about unfreeze request.
It's been 5 days debit freeze is not removed, Now when I call the bank employ she says it is time taking process sir
Is there any way to contact higher authorities regarding this problem.Please help me guys 🙏

varun__goel_

TF Legend
It's been 5 days debit freeze is not removed, Now when I call the bank employ she says it is time taking process sir
Is there any way to contact higher authorities regarding this problem.Please help me guys 🙏
Lodge a complaint using this portal

And why have you been maintaining such amount in 811 despite knowing that they are famous for freezing accs for balance above 1L

#aniket

TF Ace
Your family income as per Bank Record?

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Lodge a complaint using this portal

And why have you been maintaining such amount in 811 despite knowing that they are famous for freezing accs for balance above 1L
I’ve had much more than a lakh in my 811 full kyc without issues. The issue here maybe mismatch of declared income. He declared himself a student and recieved funds from a betting site. Ideally should’ve changed the declared income days prior. Anyway it should not be an issue if you furnish the required documents they ask.

ak907765

TF Buzz
I’ve had much more than a lakh in my 811 full kyc without issues. The issue here maybe mismatch of declared income. He declared himself a student and recieved funds from a betting site. Ideally should’ve changed the declared income days prior. Anyway it should not be an issue if you furnish the required documents they ask.
I went to the branch on 2nd of march, they just took my adhar and ask about the transaction which I withdraw from betting site. I showed her the withdraw record of site, she said I am forwarding the unfreeze request and it will take 3-4 days to unfreeze. Even on the same day when I returned home, I got a verification call from kotak officer saying where did the money came from your account, I answered the same thing that I won in betting site.She said account will unfreeze in 1-2 days.But it's 7 days still account is debit freezed.I just want to ask is there any way that I can transfer my funds to my other bank account?

#aniket

TF Ace
I went to the branch on 2nd of march, they just took my adhar and ask about the transaction which I withdraw from betting site. I showed her the withdraw record of site, she said I am forwarding the unfreeze request and it will take 3-4 days to unfreeze. Even on the same day when I returned home, I got a verification call from kotak officer saying where did the money came from your account, I answered the same thing that I won in betting site.She said account will unfreeze in 1-2 days.But it's 7 days still account is debit freezed.I just want to ask is there any way that I can transfer my funds to my other bank account?
If you want your fund immediately then close that account and transfer your fund, you won't be able to open the same account in this bank in future.

You need to make several follow-up, try to talk with Manager, and convince him saying, I was fallen into betting and able to make money and hence got credited into my account. I won't do this again, I wasn't aware about this so much. Show him details from that betting site or app, to match your trxn. Hope, it will get resolved.

Other alternatives 1, transfer your home branch and make sure they will do it, most probably will do

Other alternative 2, connect with Nodal officer or Principal Nodal Officer, branch employee, may further create problems if their ego will get hurt.

ak907765

TF Buzz
If you want your fund immediately then close that account and transfer your fund, you won't be able to open the same account in this bank in future.

You need to make several follow-up, try to talk with Manager, and convince him saying, I was fallen into betting and able to make money and hence got credited into my account. I won't do this again, I wasn't aware about this so much. Show him details from that betting site or app, to match your trxn. Hope, it will get resolved.

Other alternatives 1, transfer your home branch and make sure they will do it, most probably will do

Other alternative 2, connect with Nodal officer or Principal Nodal Officer, branch employee, may further create problems if their ego will get hurt.
If account is debit freezed by cyber cell or police, then I can understand it will take time but it is freezed by bank.This is so harassment to get your own money. BTW thanks for suggestions bro

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
If account is debit freezed by cyber cell or police, then I can understand it will take time but it is freezed by bank.This is so harassment to get your own money. BTW thanks for suggestions bro
The bank does report suspicious transactions. However this debt freeze is applied via the bank. You can contact the nodal email or use their twitter customer care and escalate via them.
In case there is still and issue they could ask you more documents to support. In this case you are showing proof about the transaction.
When the debt freeze is removed you can then use your account as usual but make sure to update your profile to your declared income or what you expect to transfer to your bank in a year.

sharu101

TF Neo
My account is also frozen day before yesterday for TXN PATTERN MISMATCH VIS-A-VIS DECLARED PROFILE.

Yesterday i went to branch they asked my pan card aadhar card and letter regarding the transaction after submitting they said they will do address verification and i should be present during verification.

The transaction are UPI transfer offers from Bajaj for coins daily 3000rs+ 15-20 times a day between 2 of my own savings account SBI and kotak because so many transactions daily it got frozen

Today I got call from bank branch today they told me to come to branch and they asked me 6 months other bank statement then after I got statement now they are asking me to close account and move Balance to another bank but I said no they are threatening me saying I will recieve legal notice and he is reporting me to rbi and income tax department I said go on i am going to escalate this complaint.

Guys please advise what should I do my dad is angry on me he is saying that I don't know rules bank manager should know rules that's why he said that and i should go and apologize to him and close account i never did anything wrong a little threat from bank manager my dad is scared telling me to apologise any idea guys someone tell me should i do?

If i knew that i would get so many problems i would have never done UPI transfer offers i thought that transfer between savings account with same pan card don't get freeze problems because it's your own money you are transferring

By the way I complained on Twitter when I got out of bank now I want to take back the complaint on Twitter because dad said don't make matter big i am having so much tension now he doesn't know about my Twitter escalation I did it when i stepped out of Branch now what should I do I am feeling stressed and feeling like I will faint

varun__goel_

TF Legend
My account is also frozen day before yesterday for TXN PATTERN MISMATCH VIS-A-VIS DECLARED PROFILE.

Yesterday i went to branch they asked my pan card aadhar card and letter regarding the transaction after submitting they said they will do address verification and i should be present during verification.

The transaction are UPI transfer offers from Bajaj for coins daily 3000rs+ 15-20 times a day between 2 of my own savings account SBI and kotak because so many transactions daily it got frozen

Today I got call from bank branch today they told me to come to branch and they asked me 6 months other bank statement then after I got statement now they are asking me to close account and move Balance to another bank but I said no they are threatening me saying I will recieve legal notice and he is reporting me to rbi and income tax department I said go on i am going to escalate this complaint.

Guys please advise what should I do my dad is angry on me he is saying that I don't know rules bank manager should know rules that's why he said that and i should go and apologize to him and close account i never did anything wrong a little threat from bank manager my dad is scared telling me to apologise any idea guys someone tell me should i do?

If i knew that i would get so many problems i would have never done UPI transfer offers i thought that transfer between savings account with same pan card don't get freeze problems because it's your own money you are transferring

By the way I complained on Twitter when I got out of bank now I want to take back the complaint on Twitter because dad said don't make matter big i am having so much tension now he doesn't know about my Twitter escalation I did it when i stepped out of Branch now what should I do I am feeling stressed and feeling like I will faint
The manager is just scaring you brother. By your comment I can guess that you're near 20s and a student. Manager is just taking advantage of seeing a student and enjoying

Txn between your own accs won't lead to any legal consequences. It isn't a crime.

Just visit branch and close the acc. There's no point in dealing with such a pathetic branch. Don't complain anywhere else