• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak 811 account debit freeze

friends2b11

TF Select
We wish to inform you that the status of your account XXXX2278 has been changed from No Freeze to Debit Freeze on 06-04-2024 for TXN PATTERN MISMATCH VIS-A-VIS DECLARED PROFILE. For any assistance please contact your Home Branch.

Customer care says to visit the branch but the bank is 100 km away. Any solution ?

friends2b11

TF Select
Ask customer care to arrange a callback from branch. Ask them the reason and what all docs are required.

Best and easiest would be closure of account. Download the form, fill up the details, scan it and mail to branch officials. They will process closure.

BTW how much amount is lying in that account?
Everyone in other post is saying that account can't be closed without debit unfreezing ? I called customer care and they said call back is not possible.

They said that even if the branch is thousands of kilometers away, I have to visit the branch.

Balance is INR 162000.00

Last edited:

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
for TXN PATTERN MISMATCH VIS-A-VIS DECLARED PROFILE.

I can only feel sorry for your situation. Talk to the branch and see if you can avoid a branch visit. The account holder may be asked to declare (in writing) about the source of the funds received thus far.

In general, one can close the account when freezed in some situations. But, yours seems different to me. So, the bank can decline to close the account without unfreezing.

Usually, the nature of income needs to be declared while opening an account. However, if we mention home maker or house wife, then there is no income for such profiles. It means such accounts can not get large amount of funds in a short period. Neither such accounts receive a large number of small funds. The definition for "large" may vary across banks and may vary depending on the age of the account too. An account opened a decade ago is unlikely to get flagged for a large amount or large number of transactions compared to an account opened less than a year ago.

friends2b11

TF Select
Update:

After complaining on Twitter I was called from the branch and I went to the branch(120 km away) and submitted the documents,ITR & the letter.

I was told it would be fixed in three days.

The branch manager told me why I contacted with the service team on Twitter.

It's been three days but the debit freeze still not removed from the account, what should I do now ?

Update:

After complaining on Twitter I was called from the branch and I went to the branch(120 km away) and submitted the documents,ITR & the letter.

I was told it would be fixed in three days.

The branch manager told me why I contacted with the service team on Twitter.

It's been three days but the debit freeze still not removed from the account, what should I do now ?
Giving bumboo on twitter works best for kotak branch people.
Fastest way to get the work done if the branch is causing any problem.