• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Bank Account Total Freeze

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
I've been using IDFC Bank account for around 3.5 years now but suddenly 4 days ago, they added a Total Freeze on my bank account stating - Financial transactions (both debit and credit) in your account are currently restricted.
I contacted my RM and he said that NPCI has put a restriction on the account and asked me from where I receive UPI payments in my account. I notified them that those UPI txns are from my business bank account and said the same over email, but after that, there have been no updates regarding this and just said that its in process.

Any idea what should I do next?

Update - After 20 days, the bank finally removed the Freeze from my account

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I've been using IDFC Bank account for around 3.5 years now but suddenly 4 days ago, they added a Total Freeze on my bank account stating - Financial transactions (both debit and credit) in your account are currently restricted.
I contacted my RM and he said that NPCI has put a restriction on the account and asked me from where I receive UPI payments in my account. I notified them that those UPI txns are from my business bank account and said the same over email, but after that, there have been no updates regarding this.

Get your money out & shit on their face ..

Depends why was restrictions put on your profile.
Go to branch talk to manager & sort it out ..
Rm are digital dalal with lesser knowledge than us .

Banks like idfc, kotak , induslnd,rbl are known for it 🥸.. they simply can't handle high transaction number ..
Douche banks

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
Get your money out & shit on their face ..

Depends why was restrictions put on your profile.
Go to branch talk to manager & sort it out ..
Rm are digital dalal with lesser knowledge than us .

Banks like idfc, kotak , induslnd,rbl are known for it 🥸.. they simply can't handle high transaction number ..
Douche banks

I mean I hardly have like 3-4 txns per week on my bank account

abhiver

TF Premier
I contacted my RM and he said that NPCI has put a restriction on the account and asked me from where I receive UPI payments in my account. I notified them that those UPI txns are from my business bank account and said the same over email, but after that, there have been no updates regarding this and just said that its in process.

Visit Branch. Freeze hone pe Branch se better koi solve nahi kar sakta issue.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Is there any way to close this bank account and take the money and open a new bank account instead in some other bank or will I have to wait till they unfreeze my bank account
You can close the account if they unable to solve it .

But if your credit is suspicious like from gambling, or some police verification for money ..then u might not ..
But if u done from p2p upi from one account to another ..place account closure & get ur momey out ..
Should not be a problem