• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Precautions Regarding Fake Cyber Complaints and Bank Freeze

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
Hello members!

I was checking many forums and came to know many people are facing problem with bank account where banks are freezing their accounts as they're getting instructions from Cyber Team.

My Paytm account got blocked because of this reason back in 2020, it was a payment from my friend who became friend through a game, he paid me 600₹ for a game service and reported it as a fraud! 😐

I was aware of these things after this incident and I do receive payments from many unknown people as part of my business. I opened an IndusInd current account just to receive funds from unknown people, just to be on a safer side.

Now I wanna know, what all precautions one can take to avoid any report or debit freeze?

If any payment is received today, and for this payment, how much time will the sender get to report it to the cyber team?

smz

TF Select
My advice for preventing Bank freezing / bank frauds :-
1) min. 2 mobile numbers & 2 email IDs - 1 no. Primary and others secondary.
2) primary mobile number & email ID - All bank accounts & CC (except day-to-day usage bank account), very important government services - Aadhar, ITD, EPFO, etc and for ECS for any availed services.
Don't give this number & email to ANYBODY else. Don't register primary banks UPI except on self bank app or BHIM app of NPCI.
3) Secondary mobile numbers & emails - use for all calls/sms/all other websites registrations/secondary day-to-day usage bank account.
4) Whenever amount needed, transfer from primary account to secondary account. Don't use primary account for any bank transfer except for self secondary account transfer.
Also don't keep large amount in secondary account. My suggestion is to keep amount for 1 month expenditure only.
5) Incoming transactions to primary accounts shouldn't happen from secondary accounts/ other individuals. Only self cash deposit/salary/or any institutional sources.
6) lock aadhar biometric or for any reason aadhar biometric can't be continuously locked, then seed your secondary bank account to it.Beware that when aadhar linked mobile number lost, then need to get replacement SIM using other documents only. My advice is to use aadhar as less as possible.
7) in the unfortunate event of your any bank account getting freezed/amount lein, immediately withdraw remaining amount through branch/ATM. DO NOT do online transfer to any account.
8) Follow basic security guidelines (diff. Strong Passwords, not using unsecured/unknown devices, not sharing OTP/banking credentials).

Last edited:

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
My advice for preventing Bank freezing / bank frauds :-
1) min. 2 mobile numbers & 2 email IDs - 1 no. Primary and others secondary.
2) primary mobile number & email ID - All bank accounts & CC (except day-to-day usage bank account), very important government services - Aadhar, ITD, EPFO, etc and for ECS for any availed services.
Don't give this number & email to ANYBODY else. Don't register primary banks UPI except on self bank app or BHIM app of NPCI.
3) Secondary mobile numbers & emails - use for all calls/sms/all other websites registrations/secondary day-to-day usage bank account.
4) Whenever amount needed, transfer from primary account to secondary account. Don't use primary account for any bank transfer except for self secondary account transfer.
Also don't keep large amount in secondary account. My suggestion is to keep amount for 1 month expenditure only.
5) Incoming transactions to primary accounts shouldn't happen from secondary accounts/ other individuals. Only self cash deposit/salary/or any institutional sources.
6) lock aadhar biometric or for any reason aadhar biometric can't be continuously locked, then link your secondary bank account to it.Beware that when aadhar linked mobile number lost, then need to get replacement SIM using other documents only. My advice is to use aadhar as less as possible.
7) in the unfortunate event of your any bank account getting freezed/amount lein, immediately withdraw remaining amount through branch/ATM. DO NOT do online transfer to any account.
8) Follow basic security guidelines (diff. Strong Passwords, not using unsecured/unknown devices, not sharing OTP/banking credentials).
Appreciated!
I had actually transferred an amount to my personal account but as the payment was from a friend who is not well known. I was afraid and immediately withdrew all the amount from the bank and stopped using my accounts for savings. How long should I wait before using it again? It happened back in June'23