• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Bank Account Total Freeze

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
I've been using IDFC Bank account for around 3.5 years now but suddenly 4 days ago, they added a Total Freeze on my bank account stating - Financial transactions (both debit and credit) in your account are currently restricted.
I contacted my RM and he said that NPCI has put a restriction on the account and asked me from where I receive UPI payments in my account. I notified them that those UPI txns are from my business bank account and said the same over email, but after that, there have been no updates regarding this and just said that its in process.

Any idea what should I do next?

Update - After 20 days, the bank finally removed the Freeze from my account

Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend
So I went to the branch. They told me that the freeze is there because funding for my account happened mostly through UPI, it is not so much about the 3 debit transactions as such. I have been funding my account from my other 2 accounts with PNB and Federal Bank and have been using UPI rather than NEFT/IMPS. The PNB app is rather slow and involves more time to do neft... But the BM was like if the transactions are mostly through NEFT/IMPS/RTGS or other non-UPI instruments, there shouldn't be such issues.
On talking to my RM, I was informed that there has been a recent spike in such total freeze for UPI transactions and that they are aware of the issue and are doing an internal check...
Truch load of nonsense, hope they fix it soon. I am told my Account will be back to normal within 2 3 days, I had to give my PNB statement to get them to start the process.
Ridiculous, but I hope they get their act together without further drama.
Hope they resolve this issue ASAP🥲

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Rbl ko kuch mat bolo
2 mahine Mai 20l+ krdiya kuch nhi hua
Faltu ka Dara rahe logo ko
Online 5k mab wala acc h
This like watching Avengers end game ending scene & saying Thanos was Messiah

Rbl is good & I recommended it with the caution that YOU NEED TO OPEN RBL WITH GEO TAG OF YOUR HOME .
SINCE THEY FREEZE..

IDFC IS DOING IT TOO RANDOMLY
YOU PUT 20L IN RBL THATS UR TRUST TO BANK

iampqq

TF Premier
Idfc sach mai c hai
Mera bhi freeze kiya tha
Bolte bahut transaction kr rahe
I was like upi ku banaya hai fir?
And jo bhi Paisa hai sirf rotate hua hai ab apko rules bhi mai samjhau?
And din Mai 4 bar call krke branch ko mail raise karwaya and complaint
Complete danda
Then 1-2 din bad addy verification then 4-5 din bad acc unfreezed

#aniket

TF Ace
So I went to the branch. They told me that the freeze is there because funding for my account happened mostly through UPI, it is not so much about the 3 debit transactions as such. I have been funding my account from my other 2 accounts with PNB and Federal Bank and have been using UPI rather than NEFT/IMPS. The PNB app is rather slow and involves more time to do neft... But the BM was like if the transactions are mostly through NEFT/IMPS/RTGS or other non-UPI instruments, there shouldn't be such issues.
On talking to my RM, I was informed that there has been a recent spike in such total freeze for UPI transactions and that they are aware of the issue and are doing an internal check...
Truch load of nonsense, hope they fix it soon. I am told my Account will be back to normal within 2 3 days, I had to give my PNB statement to get them to start the process.
Ridiculous, but I hope they get their act together without further drama.
Details of that branch? Also, UPI Cr txn alos got triggered, shit. 💀 I were also funding through UPI only, now have to change the method.😂

Earlier, I were considering only Dr. Txn through UPI.

What sorts of bug or deficiency in their algorithm they have, they don't know even. Bank's statment was asked just for few txn, ohh god. 😂

Kindly update us further on this matter, unfreezing of your account and the resolution on this matter; freezing trend on UPI.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Details of that branch? Also, UPI Cr txn alos got triggered, shit. 💀

What sorts of bug or deficiency in their algorithm they have, they don't know even. Bank's statment was asked just for few txn, ohh god. 😂

Kindly update us further on this matter, unfreezing of your account and the resolution on this matter; freezing trend on UPI.
Phir to mera kuch din mein pakka total freeze hone vala tha...🤣🤣

5 din mein around 2L ke upi credits the choti choti amounts ke🤣

ScaredIRL

TF Buzz
Update on the account freeze situation. I planned to reach the branch, but due to time constraints, I just couldn't do that. I reached out to the bank about this, and they informed me that the only solution left is to speedpost the account closure form to the branch. They also arranged a call with the branch, and the branch also said the same. They advised me to speedpost the closure form along with my PAN and Aadhaar copy.

Also, the branch person mentioned submitting an FD closure form, but I clarified that the FD was for the credit card and was done before I opened the savings account. So, I'll do the above and close the account.

Pollex

TF Premier
Update on the account freeze situation. I planned to reach the branch, but due to time constraints, I just couldn't do that. I reached out to the bank about this, and they informed me that the only solution left is to speedpost the account closure form to the branch. They also arranged a call with the branch, and the branch also said the same. They advised me to speedpost the closure form along with my PAN and Aadhaar copy.

Also, the branch person mentioned submitting an FD closure form, but I clarified that the FD was for the credit card and was done before I opened the savings account. So, I'll do the above and close the account.
Welcome to ByeDFC brother.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator

O M G 😱☠

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Details of that branch? Also, UPI Cr txn alos got triggered, shit. 💀 I were also funding through UPI only, now have to change the method.😂

Spoke to the branch again today, was told it'll take 2 or 3 working days... Lajpat Nagar New Delhi is the branch. The BM said that the branch didn't initiate the freeze, it is a centralized process... Their tech team will have to really work harder, this is just pathetic...

#aniket

TF Ace
Spoke to the branch again today, was told it'll take 2 or 3 working days... Lajpat Nagar New Delhi is the branch. The BM said that the branch didn't initiate the freeze, it is a centralized process... Their tech team will have to really work harder, this is just pathetic...
Yes it's. So, you haven't raised your concerned for the same, why this issue is not getting fixed?😑

Lordkk

TF Premier
Inka staff chalta hai.
kanoon-is-blind-order-is-order-border-is-border-is-the-gopi-bhalla.gif