• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Account Digitally Opened - Total Freeze

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey guys, I recently opened an IDFC First bank savings account, I already have an IDFC Credit card.

The account shows Total Freeze, and the Kit has been dispatched to my communication address.

Any Idea how to unfreeze the account?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hey guys, I recently opened an IDFC First bank savings account, I already have an IDFC Credit card.

The account shows Total Freeze, and the Kit has been dispatched to my communication address.

Any Idea how to unfreeze the account?
For India as of now this online acc opening is not well going
I did indusind like this and visited branch post 21 days at that time only got to know kyc completed by online whereas CDD we need to visit branch
so after my branch visit acc got functioning 48 hours

FinoGuy

TF Ace
To unfreeze, Put it under hot sunlight ☀ 🤣 🤣.

Jokes apart, I can understand how frustrating it can be account getting blocked after loading funds.. If you have customer id then you can try complaining to cc. Ask them for clarification on reason for freeze. But eventually they ask u to get it unblocked thru branch, idfc doesn't have home branch concept so you can visit any nearby branch but confirm from cc first. If branch deny services you can show proof.. If it was due to vkyc issue then you can get it online by doing vky again. (no personal experience from idfc on such issue )

zealot

TF Premier
Bank precaution is to avoid certificate only accounts thats why they’re making us go to branch once atleast
I don't faced any issues so far with ICICI. I have holding ICICI account for more than 3yrs, Never visited branch. Recently opened with IDFC around 4months back. There is some issue with VKYC, so i got a call from nearby branch. He came to my office, he took my signature, that's all. I think IDFC have some issues with VKYC.

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
My account is also showing total freeze.
I have done many UPI transactions but all transactions are made to self transfer means in my own account. Branch people are denying to unfreeze my account and giving one option only to close it and take my money back to another account l.

My branch is in another district as i opened account online and no branch in my district so it is around 20-30 km away from my home and that’s why they are also denying by saying we can’t go for verification so far so close this account what to do???

Any suggestions can i still unfreeze my account please help in this!!!

varun__goel_

TF Legend
My account is also showing total freeze.
I have done many UPI transactions but all transactions are made to self transfer means in my own account. Branch people are denying to unfreeze my account and giving one option only to close it and take my money back to another account l.

My branch is in another district as i opened account online and no branch in my district so it is around 20-30 km away from my home and that’s why they are also denying by saying we can’t go for verification so far so close this account what to do???

Any suggestions can i still unfreeze my account please help in this!!!
Mail to higher authority:- NO or PNO, and threaten them if the account isn't unfreezed within 5 days, you will lodge a complaint with RBI BO. And if no satisfactory then complaint to rbi.
What's the reason behind freeze?

Raj_019

TF Premier
I also opened axis easy access account online and did many UPI transaction and those were self account transfer. And my account got freeze. Asked cc they told to visit branch and branch employee unfreezed my account without any document. My branch was 1 km away from my home. But I never faced any problem in my HDFC account because I opened it through offline process. So I think online account opening by vkyc has some restriction. If account freezed then we have to visit branch for unfreezing it. That's why I don't open IDFC Bank account because my location is unserviceable

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
Mail to higher authority:- NO or PNO, and threaten them if the account isn't unfreezed within 5 days, you will lodge a complaint with RBI BO. And if no satisfactory then complaint to rbi.
What's the reason behind freeze?
They are not even telling me the proper reason when I ask them they just make an excuse and say it's from the backend team or internal reasons. Although I have done multiple transactions to self-account by UPI to my Kotak, Sbi, IndusInd, and debit card transactions to earn points and i am ready to coeperate with the bank by providing every transaction proofs and documents.

But then they started to make another excuse that you home address doesn't come under our branch jurisdiction so we can't go for verification to you home so close this account. I even called CC and tell them the reason they also supporting bank by saying yes they can't come to your home as it is far so cooperate with branch and close it no other option.

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
I also opened axis easy access account online and did many UPI transaction and those were self account transfer. And my account got freeze. Asked cc they told to visit branch and branch employee unfreezed my account without any document. My branch was 1 km away from my home. But I never faced any problem in my HDFC account because I opened it through offline process. So I think online account opening by vkyc has some restriction. If account freezed then we have to visit branch for unfreezing it. That's why I don't open IDFC Bank account because my location is unserviceable
Yes Online Ekyc account have many problems one of my friend who had Kotak account got freeze and branch was also away, they just close his account too

varun__goel_

TF Legend
They are not even telling me the proper reason when I ask them they just make an excuse and say it's from the backend team or internal reasons. Although I have done multiple transactions to self-account by UPI to my Kotak, Sbi, IndusInd, and debit card transactions to earn points and i am ready to coeperate with the bank by providing every transaction proofs and documents.

But then they started to make another excuse that you home address doesn't come under our branch jurisdiction so we can't go for verification to you home so close this account. I even called CC and tell them the reason they also supporting bank by saying yes they can't come to your home as it is far so cooperate with branch and close it no other option.
Branch will do like that only. You will have to reach higher authority and do bamboo.