• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Bank Account Total Freeze

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
I've been using IDFC Bank account for around 3.5 years now but suddenly 4 days ago, they added a Total Freeze on my bank account stating - Financial transactions (both debit and credit) in your account are currently restricted.
I contacted my RM and he said that NPCI has put a restriction on the account and asked me from where I receive UPI payments in my account. I notified them that those UPI txns are from my business bank account and said the same over email, but after that, there have been no updates regarding this and just said that its in process.

Any idea what should I do next?

Update - After 20 days, the bank finally removed the Freeze from my account

Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
10 upi transaction once a month or twice is ok
But if u done it daily ..
Any system will flag .
20 trxns per day is allowed as per Regulatory body and Bank (conveyed by senior staff also😂). If there's some policy to make the account freeze, why to allow transaction to become successful if it's not as per their so called system?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
20 trxns per day is allowed as per Regulatory body and Bank (conveyed by senior staff also😂). If there's some policy to make the account freeze, why to allow transaction to become successful if it's not as per their so called system?
Yes its true ..
I did 10 upi transction on axis rupay cc .. yesterday & thats fine but if i do it daily ..why would not bank freeze my cc
Or dc in other ppl case

10 is limit doesn't mean u do it daily . It gets flagged in system

This is for normal banks

Idfc last bank - credit @varun__goel_
Is most pathetic mid segment bank ..worse than Indus, rbl combined .

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Yes its true ..
I did 10 upi transction on axis rupay cc .. yesterday & thats fine but if i do it daily ..why would not bank freeze my cc
Or dc in other ppl case

This is for normal banks

chill doctor sahab

#aniket

TF Ace
Yes its true ..
Or dc in other ppl case

This is for normal banks

Ms Dhoni GIF by WinZO Games

Chill hu physio lab me bac dekh k
Itna chill nahi hona tha😂

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
IDFC is an absolutely obnoxious bank when it comes to bank accounts. Total freeze on my account. Had done 3 UPI debit transactions today, and also transfered money for Mobikwik Xtra. And in the evening after 7 PM, they put total freeze, and on calling the customercare, they are like you have to visit the branch to get the issue sorted.
Have created the account to primarily do UPI transactions. Credit to the account happens from my own savings account from PNB and Federal Bank and not much else.
What utter clowns!

#aniket

TF Ace
IDFC is an absolutely obnoxious bank when it comes to bank accounts. Total freeze on my account. Had done 3 UPI debit transactions today, and also transfered money for Mobikwik Xtra. And in the evening after 7 PM, they put total freeze, and on calling the customercare, they are like you have to visit the branch to get the issue sorted.
Have created the account to primarily do UPI transactions. Credit to the account happens from my own savings account from PNB and Federal Bank and not much else.
What utter clowns!
3 UPI txn pe total freeze 😑
Waise kitne paise pade hai account mein? Jada nahi hai, toh Escalation Matrix se ultimately RBI BO ke pass ek baar ye case le ke jaiye...dekhte hain kya hota hai...kuch jada hi nautanki kar raha hai UPI txns ke case mein IDFC Freeze 🥶 Bank!

CC: @varun__goel_ @DocFixIt @NShah @techt @Pollex @S S V @Shubham Yadav @VISHESH_BANSAL @ritwik2000 @ashwink

varun__goel_

TF Legend

Pollex

TF Premier
What utter clowns!
you have to go to the branch. Most likely it will be some stupid reason like some information missing. What a joke.
close the account or get it in writing and complain to Idfc escalation team and then Rbi.