• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Incorrect address in cibil

Bob78900

TF Premier
How to correct your invalid address,name and email in your cibil report. I found there is invalid address, father's name, email id are wrong in my cibil report. I raised dispute regarding this. And in solution they said this was reported by ICICI Bank and some more banks kindly contact with them. So i mailed icici bank regarding address correction. And they said you cannot change anything.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
You really can't, its too much of a hassle, this is actually more damaging than number of inquiries going into your CIBIL, as now this becomes data discrepancy.

I've had the same issue, have already made sure that my address is same everywhere and my name and number too. But unfortunately, old inquiry/loan/CC account details can't be changed.

Bob78900

TF Premier
You really can't, its too much of a hassle, this is actually more damaging than number of inquiries going into your CIBIL, as now this becomes data discrepancy.

I've had the same issue, have already made sure that my address is same everywhere and my name and number too. But unfortunately, old inquiry/loan/CC account details can't be changed.
Yes Icici bank replied me with the these things is not possible to change. But this is totally wrong. We are not the one who is reporting incorrect data. Banks are reporting. There should be rule for changing it.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Yes Icici bank replied me with the these things is not possible to change. But this is totally wrong. We are not the one who is reporting incorrect data. Banks are reporting. There should be rule for changing it.
To be more specific, this problem is due to banks sales people. They don't care and we end up suffering.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Okay they are reporting that's okay but we should have the right to change it
We do have rights, we can file a dispute, but that's about it. Problem is filling dispute is one thing but proving it another, they will straight away reject your dispute saying it was your fault for not checking while applying. Honestly banks and CIBIL to doesn't give this particular issue much importance, so very less man hours spent on this to solve and rectify your dispute.

Bob78900

TF Premier
We do have rights, we can file a dispute, but that's about it. Problem is filling dispute is one thing but proving it another, they will straight away reject your dispute saying it was your fault for not checking while applying. Honestly banks and CIBIL to doesn't give this particular issue much importance, so very less man hours spent on this to solve and rectify your dispute.
Bro i am trying to solve when i raised dispute in reply cibil told me to contact ICICI bank as they reported this address. I did the same i reported it to ICICI in reply they said you cannot change address in cibil

akshayhs

TF Ace
Looks like CIBIL is a really useless credit monitoring bureau. I am trying to have my login email changed for months now. B**stards don't even respond to my email/support ticket. Their phone lines don't even exist.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How to correct your invalid address,name and email in your cibil report. I found there is invalid address, father's name, email id are wrong in my cibil report. I raised dispute regarding this. And in solution they said this was reported by ICICI Bank and some more banks kindly contact with them. So i mailed icici bank regarding address correction. And they said you cannot change anything.
I had similar issue with CIBIL...but it was for addresses

The addresses reflected in CIBIL report were all like 5-6 yrs old (I had changed places/cities over the years as per job changes).

CIBIL gave the standard reply - we report as per information from Banks. But upon prodding the, they gave details like which address reported by which bank (over email). Then I used this email to reach to respective banks...

Had a mixed experience with banks/card companies..... AmEx was fast to correct (or say refresh) the information. ICICI was bit slow. Axis was super slow but finally did.

Overall it took me like 6 months of following up across CIBIL/banks etc after which everyone confirmed of correctly reflecting the latest address from their side.

But ironical, CIBIL continued showing old addresses only....And when I asked them why, they said, we just reflect the last 4-5 unique addresses! It was a standard, useless reply and not truth.

But then I was tired and frustrated and so gave up for address correction.

PS: I have applied in recent times fresh cards from BOB, IDFC First Bank etc and hoping that the address shared through them (my address for last 4 yrs) will get updated. Fingers crossed

TLDR: CIBIL is super slow... not worth the efforts unless important information like mobile no., pan card, email address is incorrect.

chacks18

TF Select
Hello,
Just want to share my experience, as I was able to remove incorrect address reported to my CIBIL profile.
So. In my case, an incorrect address was reported as "Address: MUMBAI MUMBAI MAHARASHTRA-400612"
I had no clue who reported this address and why is it appearing in my profile.
So i raised a dispute from the CIBIL Portal.
After that I received response
1651045299309.png

And I finally got to know that RBL has reported this address along with an enquiry.
I was able to get rid of multiple numbers of RBL Enquiries from my CIBIL, but the address was still there.
So I first contacted CIBIL helpline and asked about the same that why the address is still there even when the enquiry which reported the address
is no longer exists in my profile, The agent talking to me was unaware of this situation and had no clue about the same. Also CIBIL helpline has no senior level or any kind of upper level team for escalation. So she just advised me to write to from
cibil.com > CUSTOMER SUPPORT tab at the top > Contact Us: Click Here To Know The Details below > then Write To Us: Click Here > them click on Consumer > then Dispute > then Contact Section > and then again at the bottom "Still need help? Write to us by clicking here."

this basically will redirect to escalation desk. and you'll get email updates from 1651046741055.png

just mention every details over there. You'll get an service request number after submitting the form, and a proper resolution.
Expect a delay, but you'll definitely get resolution.
After calling and and multiple follow-ups with the service request number I finally got rid of the incorrect address.

1651046502447.png

Also for email change request i had to call again and again,
and finally after writing to from the same section mentioned above I was able to change my email.

1651046277463.png

Last edited:

Bob78900

TF Premier
Hello,
Just want to share my experience, as I was able to remove incorrect address reported to my CIBIL profile.
So. In my case, an incorrect address was reported as "Address: MUMBAI MUMBAI MAHARASHTRA-400612"
I had no clue who reported this address and why is it appearing in my profile.
So i raised a dispute from the CIBIL Portal.
After that I received response
1651045299309.png

And I finally got to know that RBL has reported this address along with an enquiry.
I was able to get multiple numbers of RBL Enquiries from my CIBIL, but the address was still there.
So I first contacted CIBIL helpline and asked about the same that why the address is still there even when the enquiry which reported the address
is no longer exists in my profile, The agent talking to me was unaware of this situation and had no clue about the same. Also CIBIL helpline has no senior level or any kind of upper level team for escalation. So she just advised me to write to from
cibil.com > CUSTOMER SUPPORT tab at the top > Contact Us: Click Here To Know The Details below > then Write To Us: Click Here > them click on Consumer > then Dispute > then Contact Section > and then again at the bottom "Still need help? Write to us by clicking here."

this basically will redirect to escalation desk. and you'll get email updates from 1651046741055.png

just mention every details under there. You'll get an service request number after submitting the form, and you'll get proper resolution from there.
Expect a delay from there, but you'll definitely get resolution from there.
After calling and and multiple follow-ups with the service request number I finally got rid of the incorrect address.

1651046502447.png

Also for email change request i had to call again and again,
and finally after writing to from the same section mentioned above I was able to change my email.

1651046277463.png
Atleast you're getting reply from cibil i never got any reply from them😂. Also my email and address father's name all is incorrect in my cibil.

chacks18

TF Select
Atleast you're getting reply from cibil i never got any reply from them😂. Also my email and address father's name all is incorrect in my cibil.
You tried writing to them via the section that I've mentioned? cause I'm pretty sure that this basically redirects to the Escalation Desk, so most likely you're gonna get response from there.

Last edited: