• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

"No Suit Filed" in Cibil

Post number 31 has been selected as best answer.

ALOAK

TF Premier
No suit filed is a positive remark not negative. It shows that the customer is paying their dues on time. All Federal & HSBC cardholders have this in their CIBIL account.
Oh really then whay could have impacted the score to drastically go down as i jad alerts of address change and contact change other than this nothing all.paid on time. No delays

the_collector

TF Premier
I recently faced this too.

I check my cibil through onescore and paisabazaar.

My hsbc card states " no suit filed/wilful default/settled"

I also see the same thing under idfc loan ( simpl) , it says no suit filed. I haven't used simply in over 6 + months.

Both of these were not mentioned earlier and now suddenly popped up last month

Is this something to be concerned about and do I need to reach out to the bank?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige

I also see the same thing under idfc loan ( simpl) , it says no suit filed. I haven't used simply in over 6 + months.

"No suit filed" is a positive remark. Nothing to be worried about.

ALOAK

TF Premier
There are many other factors which impact credit score. Are you checking CIBIL or any other credit report?
Cibi

Reach out to bank and adk them why it is done. Does it impact. Notmally have not seen this type of comment in my 20yrs of cibil score this happened in jan onwards only on then loan part.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Is the status "No suit Filed" status in Cibil anything to be concerned about?
This website https://www.cibil.com/nonsuitfiledcases/ shows non suit filed cases as
"NON-SUIT FILED CASES
(Wilful Defaulters Rs 25 lacs and above)
(Defaulters Rs 1 crore and above)".

But I have never missed any payment.

I see that status for HSBC credit card For which I preclosed an EMI.
Even if you pre close IDFC loans then they also report as suit filled/settled.

Your line may be like
Suit filled/Settled/Wilful default.

redcarpet

TF Premier
I have mailed to HSBC regarding the same. In the first call, I was told that its no cause for concern but I asked why its a sudden change when until recently it was blank even for HSBC. The hsbc team enquired further and confirmed that its an updation from CIBIL bureau and CIBIL requested all banks etc to report appropriate status from now on instead of current blank status. This change request has been adopted by hsbc early and we might get to see the same from other banks in future.

ALOAK

TF Premier
I have mailed to HSBC regarding the same. In the first call, I was told that its no cause for concern but I asked why its a sudden change when until recently it was blank even for HSBC. The hsbc team enquired further and confirmed that its an updation from CIBIL bureau and CIBIL requested all banks etc to report appropriate status from now on instead of current blank status. This change request has been adopted by hsbc early and we might get to see the same from other banks in future.
Then i still cant understand why score should fall drastically. Something is wtong in cibil or banks. Although we have no late payment or missed payment. Still it fell from jan. Even i sent to idfc regarding rhe same and they too said same no concern then i asked why should cibil score drop drastically if there are no adverse remark.they took the compliant and said will update with cibil to reverse and to check after 10wk days. Let us see

redcarpet

TF Premier
Then i still cant understand why score should fall drastically. Something is wtong in cibil or banks. Although we have no late payment or missed payment. Still it fell from jan. Even i sent to idfc regarding rhe same and they too said same no concern then i asked why should cibil score drop drastically if there are no adverse remark.they took the compliant and said will update with cibil to reverse and to check after 10wk days. Let us see
My score increased by 1 point when I got this status remark.
Didn't affect me

prc1990

TF Ace
Along with HSBC, I can confirm PNB joins the list of good reporter.

tn_72

TF Select
Regarding no suit filed update on cibil i called the idfc and asked them why they have updated wrongly which impacted my score. As i pay my emi for cred 4 days in advance before auto debit as this is an option which is given . Idfc rep has taken note and said will send yhe cibil update again to remove no suit filed and asked to check after 10 working days. Let us see after this gets removed will my score go up.
Same thing happened to me, but score did not drop, but increased by 5 points :) . I raised a dispute with CIBIL as CRED and IDFC were of no use. Now in my CIBIL, that particular entry shows disputed and they have temporarily removed "suit not filed". According to CIBIL, it will take 30 days to arrive at a resolution.

Last edited:

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
my amazon pay later and flipkart pay later account also shows as personal loan & not showing as active but they are actually active …

Showing as “Suit Filed/Wilful Default/Settled”

They are may be the reasons:-
1. It looks like technical glitches of cibil because my cibil score increased
2. May be new parameters set by idfc bank in partnership with cibil on personal loan status

My other personal loan/paylater by other bank shown as active so not be worried that’s a positive response/status…

Those who are saying that their cibil score decreased, uska reason kuch or hoga, is status k karan nahi hua decrease..

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpeg
    IMG_1832.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 18

iimadarsh

TF Select
Is the status "No suit Filed" status in Cibil anything to be concerned about?
This website https://www.cibil.com/nonsuitfiledcases/ shows non suit filed cases as
"NON-SUIT FILED CASES
(Wilful Defaulters Rs 25 lacs and above)
(Defaulters Rs 1 crore and above)".

But I have never missed any payment.

I see that status for HSBC credit card For which I preclosed an EMI.
Even fedral bank cc showing same in our cibil report

D₹V

TF Prestige
It happened on my HDFC personal loan, HDFC auto loan and IDFC personal loan. Suit Filed/ wilful default was showing on onescore app, got panicked and bought 12-month CIBIL subscription, upon seeing there it showed No suit filed in CIBIL. Idiot onescore app wasted my 1200 bucks.
Currently there was 20% discount on CIBIL subscription.

You wasted savings in wasting money too.

Community will not forgive you 😒.