• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Auto Loan - Suit Filed/Default/Settled

arjun697

TF Premier
Hello! I was checking the one score app after a month just to see what's happening and I noticed my CIBIL score had increase by 5 to 788. However, when I click on Active accounts, there was a pop up indicating 'Open Accounts Decreased - You have recently closed 1 account'.
I haven't closed any cards recently and I notice this could be due to the updated status of my car loan from PNB which shows - Suit Filed/Wilful Default/Settled. I'm not sure what this means since its only been a year into the car loan and the money is auto deducted from my salary account each month on the preset date. So no question of default or settlement. It's just something which will continue. So I'm curious to know why this happened? I checked the PNB loan account status and even over there the amount was taken on the same day as always in Dec and Jan around the 26th. So not sure why this happened.

Solution
Suit Filed/Wilful Default/Settled.
Maybe incorrect reporting by PNB.

What it mean here is, you defaulted the loan & later settled the loan with an agreement amount between lender and you which is around principal left.

Suit Filled/Settled is more bad for a credit profile than late payments.

You should immediately contact bank & get it corrected.

At the same time, it may be error of onescore app too.

Recently same thing happened in one of my loan account & I got it fixed. Will have to see the latest report.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Suit Filed/Wilful Default/Settled.

What it mean here is, you defaulted the loan & later settled the loan with an agreement amount between lender and you which is around principal left.

Recently same thing happened in one of my loan account & I got it fixed. Will have to see the latest report.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

Solution

arjun697

TF Premier

No other option to check it without official CIBIL right? As its a small branch, I can meet the manager easily. Will go check this out soon.