• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banks updating old addresses on CIBIL

paresh22

TF Ace
Hi All,

Recently, I have noticed that all banks have started updating my old addresses to CIBIL against our account. Are you also experiencing the same? Why this sudden change from Banks ?

Will the banks have access to all my address in the CIBIL report?
Well first of all we have not applied for any financial product but still all banks are reporting. Banks are reporting but with older data, that data they got from us when we applied that bank's credit card.
Even after this they are reporting same mobile number, residential address again and again..... resulting many alerts....

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I dont think its the banks reporting, may be CIBIL is updating something. Not all banks will report for address & phone number update at the same time. I have at-least got alerts for 6 banks.
CIBIL has no authority to do anything. It just keeps an account of your financial karma. Banks are the Chitragupta who write and update the book 🤣

Last edited:

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I did not say CIBIL is reporting, i told CIBIL is updating their system triggering the alerts again. May because of RBI Bamboo recently
Banks report data when you apply for new credit, when banks update your details in their records or in the beginning/end of financial year. This triggers CIBIL updates which isn't necessarily a bamboo effect.

scn

TF Select
I'm already in fight mode from past 15 days with SBI for this new shit. They wakeup after 6 years. They reported the same duplicate residence and office address in cibil with different format (as I reformat the address after activating sbi card, earlier agent fills the form and have many minor address discrepancy in offline mode). I was mainly fighting with the reported newly introduced resident code in cibil. They report my address as 'rented' instead of 'owned' which is never asked and shared during opening of sbicard 6 years ago and looks they do there homework with own. This rented will surely be a pain to me for future lenders when I say 'owned' and they see 'rented' in cibil for the same address given. Escalated now till customer head as PNO do nothing. PNO team lost the cibil rectified context after sharing all details already and fedup now to talk to PNO again to understand that again. They literraly lost the main interaction as some PNO customer rename/delete my CIBIL rectification request to CIBIL enquiry. 3 days back, there is cibil rectification ticket opened and today, no such service ticket found.
I already disputed to cibil before going to sbi but they rejected the request on cibil dispute resolution

sidp

TF Ace
I think it's cibil who is doing this. May be they want to people to use the yearly free refresh and then get paid subscription.

they sent this mail 3 times in a week. I thought 1st one is for 1st bill generation of icici cc. So I ignored it. 2 days later they again sent this mail. They deceptively write change in credit score also, so you would check. After 2nd mail I checked cibil report and there was no change. Not even the new icici cc account.

zenchill

TF Select
I'm already in fight mode from past 15 days with SBI for this new shit. They wakeup after 6 years. They reported the same duplicate residence and office address in cibil with different format (as I reformat the address after activating sbi card, earlier agent fills the form and have many minor address discrepancy in offline mode). I was mainly fighting with the reported newly introduced resident code in cibil. They report my address as 'rented' instead of 'owned' which is never asked and shared during opening of sbicard 6 years ago and looks they do there homework with own. This rented will surely be a pain to me for future lenders when I say 'owned' and they see 'rented' in cibil for the same address given. Escalated now till customer head as PNO do nothing. PNO team lost the cibil rectified context after sharing all details already and fedup now to talk to PNO again to understand that again. They literraly lost the main interaction as some PNO customer rename/delete my CIBIL rectification request to CIBIL enquiry. 3 days back, there is cibil rectification ticket opened and today, no such service ticket found.
I already disputed to cibil before going to sbi but they rejected the request on cibil dispute resolution
Any update? Sbi done the same in my case. Shows residence as rented all of a sudden incorrectly.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Hi All,

Recently, I have noticed that all banks have started updating my old addresses to CIBIL against our account. Are you also experiencing the same? Why this sudden change from Banks ?

Will the banks have access to all my address in the CIBIL report?
I experienced with std chartted they updated our old family lanline number which was disconnected in 2011 and address have written to them but no reply from them yet