• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank asking for CIBIL Masking amount to clear an old card defaulted from being reported. Upd lost 36 cibil points

wapenshaw

TF Select
Hi Everyone,

3-4 years ago I had an Axis edge card which was defaulted. (I went to the US and gave the card to my sis, she didn't know anything about payments and kept spending and stupid me never thought of checking on it after I went there) but anyway the Card defaulted, they started making recovery calls and what not. After a month or so of these calls my sister tells me about this and I immediately settled the payment amount.

But now the Card shows up on my CIBIL account like this, even though the card was closed (or at least I thought it was closed after I settled the amount). Now after 3 years when I checked my CIBIL score the Card is still being reported as active to this day.

1701934325223.png 1701934357364.png

Every month There is a report to CIBIL of zero Payment. I have written to the nodal officer at Axis bank about this and this was their reply.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for writing to Axis Bank.

This is with reference to your e-mail dated XX-12-2023 in relation to your credit card is showing write off.

We have checked with our team and they confIrmed that you needs to pay CIBIL masking amount of Rs.2441.4835/- on or before 30-12-2023 to get the CIBIL updated as Norm.

Further, once you pays the CIBIL masking amount, you will need to write back to us for post which CIBIL updation to NORM can be done turn around time 15 working days.

We thank you for banking with us and look forward to your continued patronage.

We assure you the best of our services.

Note:- Interactions are tracked via the Service Request number. We request you not to change the subject line in future correspondence.

Now I don't clearly understand the amount they specified or what this CIBIL Masking amount really is I checked a bit on google, different websites say different things. I have written back to them on clarification of the amount, is it two thousand four hundred something? and How to pay etc.

I want to get input from this community on how to proceed and please help me understand what all this is. My CIBIL currently low at 769 due to this and I want this off my record, or rather correctly reported as closed/settled in the report

Thanks

Last edited:

wapenshaw

TF Select
one of my friend received this mail should he have to pay this amount fr cibil update?
IMG-20240515-WA0000.jpg
he doesn't need to if he doesn't want to. But! The card will always be marked as "written-off" and axis will keep sending updates to cibil for that card. If you pay the masking amount, they will mark it as closed completely and there won't be any updates from axis on that card to cibil