• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banks updating old addresses on CIBIL

scn

TF Select
Any update? Sbi done the same in my case. Shows residence as rented all of a sudden inincorrectly.
new cibil correction request is in progress after Esclation to customer service head. Also, they assure me no one close this ticket unnecessary until we reported to CIBIL and this takes 30-45 days to get it corrected. Waiting for these days to over

zenchill

TF Select
new cibil correction request is in progress after Esclation to customer service head. Also, they assure me no one close this ticket unnecessary until we reported to CIBIL and this takes 30-45 days to get it corrected. Waiting for these days to over
Did they admit they made the changes from owned to rental? Also to update/correct did they seek any confirmation from you about self owned? Any need to share old cibil report with correct address details (owned and not rented). Mail mein kya likha thoda share. I'll also mail. The level 1 cc closed my request too with a copy pasted reply. They are idiots. Need to escalate

scn

TF Select
Yes, after all customer care talks with no proper response

I started with the email directly to PNO instead of opening ticket on sbicard app as I need to setup documentary proofs before going to RBI ombudsman

Mail
_______
There is residence code which is not good in my CIBIL report and address is duplicate which is already reported on 2019 when the card is taken

<screenshot proof>

It should be `OWNED` instead of `RENTED` as I owned the house and was not living on any rent. I try to dispute the CIBIL portal. but you rejected w.r.t code is correct

<cibil service ticket screenshot>

When did you take my approval/details that it is rented or owned? If not, please correct the Resident code in the CIBIL as the profile information is incorrect and duplicate

_______
Dear <name>

Warm Greetings for the day!

This is with reference to your email regarding your SBI Card.

At the outset, we regret for the inconvenience that may have been caused to you regarding the matter addressed to us.

We would request you to please share the latest CIBIL report in order to take next course of action.

Please note that CIBIL Report should be downloaded from Experian / Transunion Website

____
And ticket is opened and following on same mail and then esclated to customer head

zenchill

TF Select
Yes, after all customer care talks with no proper response

I started with the email directly to PNO instead of opening ticket on sbicard app as I need to setup documentary proofs before going to RBI ombudsman

Mail
_______
There is residence code which is not good in my CIBIL report and address is duplicate which is already reported on 2019 when the card is taken

<screenshot proof>

It should be `OWNED` instead of `RENTED` as I owned the house and was not living on any rent. I try to dispute the CIBIL portal. but you rejected w.r.t code is correct

<cibil service ticket screenshot>

When did you take my approval/details that it is rented or owned? If not, please correct the Resident code in the CIBIL as the profile information is incorrect and duplicate

_______
Dear <name>

Warm Greetings for the day!

This is with reference to your email regarding your SBI Card.

At the outset, we regret for the inconvenience that may have been caused to you regarding the matter addressed to us.

We would request you to please share the latest CIBIL report in order to take next course of action.

Please note that CIBIL Report should be downloaded from Experian / Transunion Website

____
And ticket is opened and following on same mail and then esclated to customer head
Thank you bro. Pno and customer head ke email ids dena pls.

krishc

TF Ace
I dont think its the banks reporting, may be CIBIL is updating something. Not all banks will report for address & phone number update at the same time. I have at-least got alerts for 6 banks.
I have always suspected that all this goof-ups related to addresses only is a CIBIL back-end thing rather than a industrywide bank practices.
It's more likely for CIBIL to have a goofy address processing system rather than all banks doing same kind of shit.
I fail to see how a bank who shows me everything correct in NetBanking & mobile apps etc will suddenly report a botched up address to CIBIL which doesn't exist.
They're addresses on my CIBIL profile which are terrible mix-ups between my old & new address.
That is something very difficult for a bank to have in its system with the current strict kyc regime and it's not like banks report our addresses manually so that human error can happen.
My hunch is CIBIL is processing all these addresses via some weird data handling structure which is messing up old & new addresses.

ALOAK

TF Ace
same thing happened with me lol
Same thing on standard chartered card they bothched up by updating my old address and tele which is nonlonger there. I have written to them 20 working days still no reply thinking of forwarding the email to rbi sbi to has updted my current address and new and same contact as new contact. Still cant understand why these so called big banks botch up small things and arrogance in not replying.

zenchill

TF Select
Looks like a cibil issue then. All banks cant report incorrectly at the same time or may be some new tweaking to their database as per some new guideline is brining up this issue. Has anyone checked on another agency apart from cibil?

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm already in fight mode from past 15 days with SBI for this new shit. They wakeup after 6 years. They reported the same duplicate residence and office address in cibil with different format (as I reformat the address after activating sbi card, earlier agent fills the form and have many minor address discrepancy in offline mode). I was mainly fighting with the reported newly introduced resident code in cibil. They report my address as 'rented' instead of 'owned' which is never asked and shared during opening of sbicard 6 years ago and looks they do there homework with own. This rented will surely be a pain to me for future lenders when I say 'owned' and they see 'rented' in cibil for the same address given. Escalated now till customer head as PNO do nothing. PNO team lost the cibil rectified context after sharing all details already and fedup now to talk to PNO again to understand that again. They literraly lost the main interaction as some PNO customer rename/delete my CIBIL rectification request to CIBIL enquiry. 3 days back, there is cibil rectification ticket opened and today, no such service ticket found.
I already disputed to cibil before going to sbi but they rejected the request on cibil dispute resolution
You can get your address status corrected. I can assure you that no lender is going to look at residential status for loans. If you are collateral backed loans, they will surely ask for property papers. For all other unsecured loans, they just need current residential address. Now, you can decide whether all this worth the hassle.

hema220

TF Premier
Same with me. Same address is misspelt and updated in 6 different instances
happened for me also, one particular address, I used only once but cibil report it is there several times with misspelt, how that possible that I'm not sure. because, I am sure that I used that address only once.