• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Filing case against Axis Bank in Consumer court

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'll dive straight into the core details of my situation:

On September 16, 2023, I reached out to the premium experience service to clarify whether I should wait to open a burgundy account (AQB) or proceed with opening one to seek an upgrade. The response from the premium experience was to wait for notification before opening the account.

On September 28, 2023, my current relationship manager (RM) shared the terms and conditions of the Axis MB and advised me to open the account, assuring me that my card would be upgraded.

On September 29, 2023, I emailed the Principal Nodal Officer (PNO) seeking confirmation regarding the communication from my RM.

On October 12, 2023, I proceeded to open the account with the bank for the card upgrade from Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy, with assurance from my RM that the upgrade would be processed. The initial cheque was for Rs. 10 Lac. The same or more balance has been maintained since that day in the Burgundy account.

On October 21, 2023, the PNO confirmed that maintaining the AQB was the criteria for the upgrade and requested my RM details.

On November 16, 2023, when I raised the issue with my RM and received no response, I emailed seeking clarity and confirmation and expressed my intention to file a complaint with the RBI.

On November 19, 2023, I filed a complaint with the RBI due to a lack of assistance and response from Axis and its representatives.

On December 21, 2023, my RM from the official email confirmed that if I continued maintaining the required balance, my card would be upgraded by January 18, 2024.

On January 24, 2024, I was denied the card despite meeting the criteria, with the explanation that I didn't meet the requirements.

Currently, the RBI has not provided a final verdict. The PNO has denied the card. The branch and its employees have not taken responsibility for their misleading communication and commitment. The premium experience service has not been helpful. The National Consumer Helpline suggests resorting to the consumer court. The Escalation Desk in Noida states that I can apply for the upgrade but only with a paid version.

My account was opened on October 19, 2023.

I would greatly appreciate any practical advice or insights you may offer. I am considering filing a case to claim damages for the distress caused to my peace of mind, resulting in mental anguish and wasted time.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

On September 16, 2023, I reached out to the premium experience service to clarify whether I should wait to open a burgundy account (AQB) or proceed with opening one to seek an upgrade. The response from the premium experience was to wait for notification before opening the account.

On September 28, 2023, my current relationship manager (RM) shared the terms and conditions of the Axis MB and advised me to open the account, assuring that my card would be upgraded.

On September 29, 2023, I emailed the Priority Nodal Officer (PNO) seeking confirmation regarding the communication from my RM.

On October 12, 2023, I proceeded to open the account with the bank for the card upgrade from Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy, with assurance from my RM that the upgrade would be processed.

On October 21, 2023, the PNO confirmed that maintaining the AQB was the criteria for the upgrade and requested my RM details.

On November 16, 2023, when I raised the issue with my RM and received no response, I emailed seeking clarity and confirmation and expressed my intention to file a complaint with the RBI.

On November 19, 2023, I filed a complaint with the RBI due to a lack of assistance and response from Axis and its representatives.

On December 21, 2023, my RM from the official email confirmed that if I continued maintaining the required balance, my card would be upgraded by January 18, 2024.

On January 24, 2024, I was denied the card despite meeting the criteria, with the explanation that I didn't meet the requirements.

Currently, the RBI has not provided a final verdict. The PNO has denied the card. The branch and its employees have not taken responsibility for their misleading communication and commitment. The premium experience service has not been helpful. The National Consumer Helpline suggests resorting to the consumer court. The Escalation Desk in Noida states that I can apply for the upgrade but only with a paid version.

I would greatly appreciate any practical advice or insights you may offer. I am considering filing a case to claim damages for the distress caused to my peace of mind, resulting in mental anguish and wasted time.
@techt @varun__goel_ @NShah @D₹V
@knockoffaxis101 😁

Come here and contribute to bashing of axis

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
OP is asking advice. I can't do anything about it.
My sincere advice, is forget these prem cards and move on. They have become a carrot to lure customers and then dump some policy/fd on us.
I was thinking Burgundy to somehow get magnus & l.e on axis 😃.
But looking at these experiences i m like no thanks

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am considering filing a case to claim damages for the distress caused to my peace of mind, resulting in mental anguish and wasted time.
It will take ages (court system isn't quick) and you wouldn't get the card as court can not order bank to issue cards (as eligibility is bank responsibility)

You can get compensation but think about if it's worth the hassle... as you will have to file a complaint against Axis (not PNO/RM/BM afaik) and so, the people won't be harassed anyway... legal team would take over and you will have to keep banging your head while PNO/RM/BM carry on with their lives happily.

techt

TF Legend
It will take ages (court system isn't quick) and you wouldn't get the card as court can not order bank to issue cards (as eligibility is bank responsibility)

You can get compensation but think about if it's worth the hassle... as you will have to file a complaint against Axis (not PNO/RM/BM afaik) and so, the people won't be harassed anyway... legal team would take over and you will have to keep banging your head while PNO/RM/BM carry on with their lives happily.
On top of all these, even if he gets the card, there will be one or other deval or TnC making those points worthless.

Pho3nix

TF Buzz
Completely agree with you.You should go ahead & drag those jerk$ into court.Citibank ko acquire karne ke baad se jyada charbi chadh gaya hai inke.They should be taught a lesson for their high handedness & you rightly deserve a compensation.Kindly escalate it to RBI ombudsman as well.Axis is desperately asking for a bamboo!!

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone,

Thanks for chiming in.

I'm seeking advice based on real-life experiences as I'm gearing up to serve a notice. Just trying to get some clarity here.

Had a chat with a lawyer already, and it seems there's a good chance for compensation if things go my way.

As for the devaluation of any card, including AXIS MB, it's out of my hands. It's in their terms and conditions, and I'm cool with whatever changes they make. What bugs me is that they've taken a lot of customers (many in this community) for a ride and just walked away.

If anyone knows folks in the community who could lend a hand the right way, give them a shout out.

Thanks!

techt

TF Legend
Hey everyone,

Thanks for chiming in.

I'm seeking advice based on real-life experiences as I'm gearing up to serve a notice. Just trying to get some clarity here.

Had a chat with a lawyer already, and it seems there's a good chance for compensation if things go my way.

As for the devaluation of any card, including AXIS MB, it's out of my hands. It's in their terms and conditions, and I'm cool with whatever changes they make. What bugs me is that they've taken a lot of customers (many in this community) for a ride and just walked away.

If anyone knows folks in the community who could lend a hand the right way, give them a shout out.

Thanks!
@DocFixIt tag bugs here

Hey everyone,

Thanks for chiming in.

Thanks!
Lehra Do.jpg

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
Hey everyone,

Thanks for chiming in.

Thanks!
Not all heroes wear capes

Salute Aye Aye Captain GIF

shashankrt

TF Premier

On September 28, 2023, my current relationship manager (RM) shared the terms and conditions of the Axis MB and advised me to open the account, assuring that my card would be upgraded.

On September 29, 2023, I emailed the Principal Nodal Officer (PNO) seeking confirmation regarding the communication from my RM.

On October 12, 2023, I proceeded to open the account with the bank for the card upgrade from Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy, with assurance from my RM that the upgrade would be processed.

Well this is my honest opinion:

1. Regarding above - if you have patience and will - then please pursue and get compensation in addition to lost interest because you parked 10L minimum with Axis.
2. Regarding Magnus for Burgundy (this is coming from someone who has MB and spends on it) - I don't think MB is worth it unless you are spending 3L per month. The reward points are just not enough to justify lost interest and opportunity cost to use 10L. (for example at minimum you lose 40K in interest (compared to FD) or almost 1L + if you compare to MF returns.) I don't think MB will compensate that much even if you use for 2L per month.
3. If you are ok to park 10L then you are better off approaching HDFC and getting infinia (if you don't have it). HDFC support is 1000x better than Axis.

Leocaprio

TF Buzz

Hello,
I am a Probationary Officer at Axis.
It is imperative to maintain an Average Quarterly Balance (AQB) of 10 lakh rupees for two consecutive months from the date of account opening. Failure to meet this requirement will result in an automated system error message stating "You are not a true Burgundy". Unfortunately, the Premium support team is unable to override this restriction, as the system prohibits upgrades to the Magnus Burgundy tier without meeting the AQB criteria. It appears that you may not have maintained the required AQB. Alternatively, you may inquire with the Premium support team regarding the Oct-Dec period for further details. Additionally, you may request a One Glance Statement (OGS) for the specified period to obtain further clarification. I trust this information proves beneficial to you.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone,

Thanks for chiming in.

Thanks!
I don't have experience in consumer courts but since you have all the proofs and can get good compensation for the struggle and metal pain caused, I'd say go ahead.

Do remember one thing that banks can reject even if you meet all the criteria. Even if RM or someone from the email team has promised you. You could get compensation for the miscommunication, false promise etc. They still have the authority to reject the card.
Probably wait for RBI verdict if it's coming soon and then proceed for consumer court?