• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus My experience with Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy upgrade

bombayduckling

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Warning: this could be very long! Main purpose is to highlight the shoddy systems of Axis where the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing and nobody has any clue about what is happening.
So I have been a Burgundy account holder with Axis Bank for a few years and was of course happy when they emailed me saying that my Magnus Card would be upgraded to LTF Magnus for Burgundy. And so I went and spent 1 lakh in August thinking I would be able to redeem Edge points in 5:4 ratio. My hopes were dashed when shortly afterward, that notorious T&C pdf started floating around wherein they specified the difference between Burgundy and True Burgundy.
I didn’t meet any of the criteria.
However, my BM spoke to someone from the credit card team and they said that basis your substantial demat holdings, you should qualify. Now as you know, there is no mention of demat holdings in the True Burgundy definition. Anyway, I was told to email a copy of my one-glance statement to premium.experience and assured they would do the needful. Which I did on 12 Oct 2023.
Lots of back and forth followed (including cc to BM). This email of mine dated 18 November, on which I cced PNO, summarises my emails.
Pasting the text below:

Dear Premium Experience/ PNO team,

Could I please have an update on this ongoing Magnus upgrade to Magnus for Burgundy issue?

My first interaction on this issue was way back on 12 October.

In your reply, you wrote,
“The request raised with the reference number 231012172979 has now been resolved….
I would like to inform you that we are in need of an additional consent for to be filled from your end for the upgrade to be processed….
Requesting your consent to upgrade your existing Magnus Credit Card to Magnus Burgundy Credit Card.”

I was quite surprised and pleased at the quick resolution and immediately gave my consent.

On October 22, in interaction reference no.
231022652671, you said that “we have initiated an internal communication for credit card upgradation and same will be resolved at the earliest possible time.”

On October 30, I asked for an update and again in interaction reference no. 231031054843, I was requested for more time.

Today, more than a month has passed since my first email. Is this what the Burgundy promise is all about?

I would appreciate it if you could please value my time even if you don’t value my relationship and just give me a simple YES or NO answer.

I don’t want more fake assurances and empty Burgundy promises.

I am once again attaching my latest One Glance statement.

I am also CCing this email to pno@axisbank.com although to be honest, in the past, they have not been of much help either.

Regards,
Noel

As usual, I was asked to wait 3 working days. On 22 Nov evening, I get an SMS:
While we are actively working on resolving your SR no. 231118942791 related to feedback on service experience, we regret it may take longer. Request some more time to share an appropriate resolution

I was so angry that I resolved to close all my accounts the very next day. Then about 3 hours later, I get another SMS saying that my Magnus has been upgraded alongwith the last 4 digits of the new card!
The very next morning, I got the Magnus for Burgundy card!
And because this is Axis, I got an SMS that afternoon saying Delivery of your replace Magnus Burgundy Credit Card no. (hidden) attempted on 23-11-23 by BLUEDART was unsuccessful. With a link to request changes.
Anyway, forgave them this small stupidity and was planning to write a thank you email but decided to wait for them to email me regarding their successful resolution.
Well, today, almost a week later, I get an email in which someone from the PNO team sends me this email (screenshot attached). Please let me know what you think of the response and whether you think they even know I have got the upgrade or not!

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 288

Quantum

TF Premier
Congratulations on the upgrade!
I get an email in which someone from the PNO team sends me this email (screenshot attached). Please let me know what you think of the response and whether you think they even know I have got the upgrade or not!
This is what I keep mentioning about Axis that "The problem lies in the strategy and execution of "things" in Axis, from top to bottom. The cross functional execution is completely misaligned in Axis. A lot of credit goes to the CEO/COO for the same."
So, what you are experiencing from PNO is pretty normal for Axis' standards.
was planning to write a thank you email but decided to wait for them to email me regarding their successful resolution.
I'm not being sadistic here but there's nothing to be thankful to Axis as a whole here in your case. At max, you can send a thank you note to your BM, if they were of help and provided the right push which your request needed.
The time, effort, follow-ups, and hassle that you must have gone through is something Axis needs to be apologetic for.

bombayduckling

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks. Completely agree with you re: the blame for this shoddy state of affairs at Axis Bank lies with the CEO/COO and top management.
Also, PNO has been completely useless in the past too, when I was trying to claim my Tata Cliq renewal voucher.
Well, tbh, I’m still waiting to find out who was most responsible for the upgrade! My BM is a very nice person but tends to over-promise. I keep saying, please under-promise and over-deliver but doesn’t listen 😀
Anyway, I was able to transfer all my existing points (transfer to Accor took only one day btw!) and now plan to use the card only for meet and greet and lounge access.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I was maintaining AQB for burgundy , got my card upgraded in 2 days from when they started this upgrade process.

But these idiots have a shitty process of do anything, even after maintaining everything, my points of Mangus are getting credited as Edge rewards rather than magnus burgundy rewards and I am not able to reddem any of it at 5:4 ratio or any ratio is it Mangus rewards balance shows under 100.

bombayduckling

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was maintaining AQB for burgundy , got my card upgraded in 2 days from when they started this upgrade process.

But these idiots have a shitty process of do anything, even after maintaining everything, my points of Mangus are getting credited as Edge rewards rather than magnus burgundy rewards and I am not able to reddem any of it at 5:4 ratio or any ratio is it Mangus rewards balance shows under 100.
Everything is like a lottery with Axis. I read something similar on Twitter (was it you only?) and quickly transferred my Edge Reward points before I started earning any Magnus Burgundy points.
Sadly just a couple of days ago, I got 300 edge points for some earlier gyftr transaction and now they are stuck because I have 12 Magnus Burgundy points. But thank god I cleared up my 30k points! Hopefully they will change this stupid policy soon.

DevD

TF Premier
If someone has magnus and normal savings account then to get burgundy magnus upgrade does one need to open a new burgundy savings account or can upgrade the existing savings account to burgundy account by increasing the deposit to meet criteria ?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If someone has magnus and normal savings account then to get burgundy magnus upgrade does one need to open a new burgundy savings account or can upgrade the existing savings account to burgundy account by increasing the deposit to meet criteria ?
I want to know also.

But as from the OP, it will take lot of time, even the bank staff doesn't know the rules.

I have plans to go out of India end of dec, so keep the normal magnus right ?

viru5678

TF Select
I have regular Magnus and I can get Burgandy Salary account. Have attached the one pager shared by Axis SPOC and he operates from my company. He has no idea whether my regular Magnus can be converted into Burgandy Magnus. Can anyone guide or share experience on this?

Attachments

• Burgundy One Pager.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 111

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am an axis burgundy customer and also have Magnus burgundy.
My wife has a Magnus card but no bank account in axis. If she opens an axis account and I get her added as a family account, so she will also become burgundy. My question is whether she will be able to upgrade to Magnus burgundy and will it be LTF without any 90 day wait.

Thanks!

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
I am an axis burgundy customer and also have Magnus burgundy.
My wife has a Magnus card but no bank account in axis. If she opens an axis account and I get her added as a family account, so she will also become burgundy. My question is whether she will be able to upgrade to Magnus burgundy and will it be LTF without any 90 day wait.

Thanks!
M4B is for Primary account holder as I heard in other threads.