• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus My experience with Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy upgrade

bombayduckling

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Warning: this could be very long! Main purpose is to highlight the shoddy systems of Axis where the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing and nobody has any clue about what is happening.
So I have been a Burgundy account holder with Axis Bank for a few years and was of course happy when they emailed me saying that my Magnus Card would be upgraded to LTF Magnus for Burgundy. And so I went and spent 1 lakh in August thinking I would be able to redeem Edge points in 5:4 ratio. My hopes were dashed when shortly afterward, that notorious T&C pdf started floating around wherein they specified the difference between Burgundy and True Burgundy.
I didn’t meet any of the criteria.
However, my BM spoke to someone from the credit card team and they said that basis your substantial demat holdings, you should qualify. Now as you know, there is no mention of demat holdings in the True Burgundy definition. Anyway, I was told to email a copy of my one-glance statement to premium.experience and assured they would do the needful. Which I did on 12 Oct 2023.
Lots of back and forth followed (including cc to BM). This email of mine dated 18 November, on which I cced PNO, summarises my emails.
Pasting the text below:

Dear Premium Experience/ PNO team,

Could I please have an update on this ongoing Magnus upgrade to Magnus for Burgundy issue?

My first interaction on this issue was way back on 12 October.

In your reply, you wrote,
“The request raised with the reference number 231012172979 has now been resolved….
I would like to inform you that we are in need of an additional consent for to be filled from your end for the upgrade to be processed….
Requesting your consent to upgrade your existing Magnus Credit Card to Magnus Burgundy Credit Card.”

I was quite surprised and pleased at the quick resolution and immediately gave my consent.

On October 22, in interaction reference no.
231022652671, you said that “we have initiated an internal communication for credit card upgradation and same will be resolved at the earliest possible time.”

On October 30, I asked for an update and again in interaction reference no. 231031054843, I was requested for more time.

Today, more than a month has passed since my first email. Is this what the Burgundy promise is all about?

I would appreciate it if you could please value my time even if you don’t value my relationship and just give me a simple YES or NO answer.

I don’t want more fake assurances and empty Burgundy promises.

I am once again attaching my latest One Glance statement.

I am also CCing this email to pno@axisbank.com although to be honest, in the past, they have not been of much help either.

Regards,
Noel

As usual, I was asked to wait 3 working days. On 22 Nov evening, I get an SMS:
While we are actively working on resolving your SR no. 231118942791 related to feedback on service experience, we regret it may take longer. Request some more time to share an appropriate resolution

I was so angry that I resolved to close all my accounts the very next day. Then about 3 hours later, I get another SMS saying that my Magnus has been upgraded alongwith the last 4 digits of the new card!
The very next morning, I got the Magnus for Burgundy card!
And because this is Axis, I got an SMS that afternoon saying Delivery of your replace Magnus Burgundy Credit Card no. (hidden) attempted on 23-11-23 by BLUEDART was unsuccessful. With a link to request changes.
Anyway, forgave them this small stupidity and was planning to write a thank you email but decided to wait for them to email me regarding their successful resolution.
Well, today, almost a week later, I get an email in which someone from the PNO team sends me this email (screenshot attached). Please let me know what you think of the response and whether you think they even know I have got the upgrade or not!

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 288
31-01-2024

Dear Customer,

Thank you for banking with us.
We are pleased to inform you that your Axis Bank Credit Card application with reference no. xxxxxx has been approved and the card will be delivered at your registered address shortly.

statusquo

TF Select
Ohh wow it took so long for you to get it. Any advice that would relevant for me?

I opened a Burgundy account in mid Jan with 10L in savings account. Today, the credit card RM told me that I need to show 30L on my Jan OGS so I transferred that today. He is saying OGS will reflect the 30L TRV and he can apply for M4B after the OGS is generated. So, in summary, I had 10L in my savings account from mid Jan till today, and 30L starting today. I will be applying for the M4B using C2C from Infinia with 12L credit limit

In case any advice would be useful for me, please do let me know. It will be most useful

Last edited:
Ohh wow it took so long for you to get it. Any advice that would relevant for me?

I opened a Burgundy account in mid Jan with 10L in savings account. Today, the credit card RM told me that I need to show 30L on my Jan OGS so I transferred that today. He is saying OGS will reflect the 30L TRV and he can apply for M4B after the OGS is generated. So, in summary, I had 10L in my savings account from mid Jan till today, and 30L starting today. I will be applying for the M4B using C2C from Infinia with 12L credit limit

In case any advice would be useful for me, please do let me know. It will be most useful
That is Enough for you to go for m4b you have fulfilled the eligibility criteria, only thing is that they might take some time to approve the request, in that case my advice is to just keep on asking your rm to update you because we do not get real time update on tracking.

And it will take at least couple of weeks from what I have seen the whole process. Did you get Infinia on invite or on basis of your nrv with hdfc.

statusquo

TF Select
That is Enough for you to go for m4b you have fulfilled the eligibility criteria, only thing is that they might take some time to approve the request, in that case my advice is to just keep on asking your rm to update you because we do not get real time update on tracking.
Thanks, will keep doing that. You had mentioned them asking for documents in follow-ups. What were those? I’ll try to submit those in the first application itself so that it’s approved faster

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Would it be LTF?

statusquo

TF Select
And it will take at least couple of weeks from what I have seen the whole process. Did you get Infinia on invite or on basis of your nrv with hdfc.
Also, to be honest, I'm not sure Infinia is of much use once I get this card. The rewards they give are much lower. International lounge access for add-on members and points on utilities are the only things that are better on Infinia compared to M4B, both of which are quite small benefits

Section 1.A: Important changes w.e.f from 1st January, 2024 Q 1. When is the limited period offer for lifetime free Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy getting over? A. The limited period offer for life time free Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy is getting over on 31st December, 2023. Q 2. What is the last date to apply for lifetime free Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy? A. All Burgundy customers who have opened or up-migrated to Burgundy account on or before 31st December, 2023 and maintaining the requisite ‘Burgundy Relationship Eligibility Criteria’ (ref. section 1.B) can apply for or upgrade to lifetime free Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy till 31st January, 2024. Any application for new or upgrade to Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy received after 31st January, 2024 will incur a joining and annual fee of Rs. 30,000 + GST Q 3. I have opened/up-migrated my account to Burgundy on 10th January, 2024. Can I apply for Lifetime Free Magnus Burgundy Credit Card? A. No, LTF Magnus Burgundy Credit Card is applicable only for customers who have opened or up-migrated their account to Burgundy on or before 31st Dec’23 subject to the requisite ‘Burgundy Relationship Eligibility Criteria’ is reflecting in December, 2023 One Glance Statement.