Axis Magnus Filing case against Axis Bank in Consumer court

wokrishnahai

I'll dive straight into the core details of my situation:

On September 16, 2023, I reached out to the premium experience service to clarify whether I should wait to open a burgundy account (AQB) or proceed with opening one to seek an upgrade. The response from the premium experience was to wait for notification before opening the account.

On September 28, 2023, my current relationship manager (RM) shared the terms and conditions of the Axis MB and advised me to open the account, assuring me that my card would be upgraded.

On September 29, 2023, I emailed the Principal Nodal Officer (PNO) seeking confirmation regarding the communication from my RM.

On October 12, 2023, I proceeded to open the account with the bank for the card upgrade from Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy, with assurance from my RM that the upgrade would be processed. The initial cheque was for Rs. 10 Lac. The same or more balance has been maintained since that day in the Burgundy account.

On October 21, 2023, the PNO confirmed that maintaining the AQB was the criteria for the upgrade and requested my RM details.

On November 16, 2023, when I raised the issue with my RM and received no response, I emailed seeking clarity and confirmation and expressed my intention to file a complaint with the RBI.

On November 19, 2023, I filed a complaint with the RBI due to a lack of assistance and response from Axis and its representatives.

On December 21, 2023, my RM from the official email confirmed that if I continued maintaining the required balance, my card would be upgraded by January 18, 2024.

On January 24, 2024, I was denied the card despite meeting the criteria, with the explanation that I didn't meet the requirements.

Currently, the RBI has not provided a final verdict. The PNO has denied the card. The branch and its employees have not taken responsibility for their misleading communication and commitment. The premium experience service has not been helpful. The National Consumer Helpline suggests resorting to the consumer court. The Escalation Desk in Noida states that I can apply for the upgrade but only with a paid version.

My account was opened on October 19, 2023.

I would greatly appreciate any practical advice or insights you may offer. I am considering filing a case to claim damages for the distress caused to my peace of mind, resulting in mental anguish and wasted time.

Namans

Bro if everyone thinks the same and act according to you then there is never going to be change in the system someone has to fight for his rights.

I have heard many news one even fighting for 90Rs and case run for 7 years with Railway but atlast he wins so less or big money isn't the matter, the matter is they are been cheated and wrong happened to them.

Bro i am with you and hope Axis learns a lesson this is the only way to teach them a lesson. And the loss is from both side they are even paying more than you to their lawyers. So, lets teach them lessons and bring a change.

Woah, chill out man.
He asked for our opinion, I gave mine. He's free to do what he wants--

If you've made up your mind, don't stop until you get compensation. I'm invested in your success. Do keep us updated here

sutarianiral

On September 16, 2023, I reached out to the premium experience service to clarify whether I should wait to open a burgundy account (AQB) or proceed with opening one to seek an upgrade. The response from the premium experience was to wait for notification before opening the account.

On September 28, 2023, my current relationship manager (RM) shared the terms and conditions of the Axis MB and advised me to open the account, assuring me that my card would be upgraded.

On September 29, 2023, I emailed the Principal Nodal Officer (PNO) seeking confirmation regarding the communication from my RM.

On October 12, 2023, I proceeded to open the account with the bank for the card upgrade from Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy, with assurance from my RM that the upgrade would be processed. The initial cheque was for Rs. 10 Lac. The same or more balance has been maintained since that day in the Burgundy account.

On October 21, 2023, the PNO confirmed that maintaining the AQB was the criteria for the upgrade and requested my RM details.

On November 16, 2023, when I raised the issue with my RM and received no response, I emailed seeking clarity and confirmation and expressed my intention to file a complaint with the RBI.

On November 19, 2023, I filed a complaint with the RBI due to a lack of assistance and response from Axis and its representatives.

On December 21, 2023, my RM from the official email confirmed that if I continued maintaining the required balance, my card would be upgraded by January 18, 2024.

On January 24, 2024, I was denied the card despite meeting the criteria, with the explanation that I didn't meet the requirements.

Currently, the RBI has not provided a final verdict. The PNO has denied the card. The branch and its employees have not taken responsibility for their misleading communication and commitment. The premium experience service has not been helpful. The National Consumer Helpline suggests resorting to the consumer court. The Escalation Desk in Noida states that I can apply for the upgrade but only with a paid version.

I would greatly appreciate any practical advice or insights you may offer. I am considering filing a case to claim damages for the distress caused to my peace of mind, resulting in mental anguish and wasted time.

I have exact same issue as yours. I have been maintaining 10L+ balance since 7 Oct. I was denied magnus upgrade in January, February and even now in March. The balance has been above 10L for every single day since 7 Oct.

Apparently their systems are not updating true burgundy status after 31 January and hence they are not able to upgrade is what I understand.

I also agree to your point about them not upgrading the card in January, even when as per calendar days, the balance was above 10L for 90 days in January still they chose not to upgrade to LTF.

In contrast, I have evidence that for new applicants of credit card, this card was offered for LTF even when true burgundy eligibility criteria were not fully met. As an example for only 1 month's salary credit above 3L, the person was given M4B LTF in November. Similarly for someone maintaining 10L+ for atleast 90 calendar days were given M4B LTF in December and January. This is unfair and biased for existing magnus card holders.

Very sad.

wokrishnahai

I have exact same issue as yours. I have been maintaining 10L+ balance since 7 Oct. I was denied magnus upgrade in January, February and even now in March. The balance has been above 10L for every single day since 7 Oct.

Apparently their systems are not updating true burgundy status after 31 January and hence they are not able to upgrade is what I understand.

I also agree to your point about them not upgrading the card in January, even when as per calendar days, the balance was above 10L for 90 days in January still they chose not to upgrade to LTF.

In contrast, I have evidence that for new applicants of credit card, this card was offered for LTF even when true burgundy eligibility criteria were not fully met. As an example for only 1 month's salary credit above 3L, the person was given M4B LTF in November. Similarly for someone maintaining 10L+ for atleast 90 calendar days were given M4B LTF in December and January. This is unfair and biased for existing magnus card holders.

Very sad.

Certainly, we can discuss this matter further via direct message. Additionally, if you are located in Mumbai, I can initiate two petitions regarding the same issue. My lawyer has suggested that if there are more customers who have been affected by the inadequate services of AXIS Bank, the court might consolidate all the cases and issue a notice accordingly.

sutarianiral

Well, we can connect over DM and discuss this matter. And, if you are based out in Mumbai. I can file two petition for the same scenario.
I am based out of Ahmedabad. But i think the T&C apply commonly across India. So are the axis bank teams (premium experience, pno, etc) and I can definitely be part of your complaint.

As a note, I have also reached out to PNO on the matter and awaiting their response.

wokrishnahai

vine

Certainly, we can discuss this matter further via direct message. Additionally, if you are located in Mumbai, I can initiate two petitions regarding the same issue. My lawyer has suggested that if there are more customers who have been affected by the inadequate services of AXIS Bank, the court might consolidate all the cases and issue a notice accordingly.
For banks, I was under impression that all court cases are to be resolved in courts of Mumbai only. (Usually this is mentioned in the * asterisk conditions in some banks, as far I can remember).

Leocaprio

Hey there! Appreciate you joining the conversation.

I initially opened the account with a cheque of Rs. 10 Lac, and since then, the balance has remained consistently above that amount. Whether it's October, November, December, January, or any time thereafter, the balance has always exceeded 10 Lac.

If you're interested, I can share my case details with you via DM so you can review it yourself. Perhaps having a closer look would help you guide me better in this matter. Let me know if you're open to that.
Definitely, Let me check from my end Please share your customer ID or Mobile number.

For banks, I was under impression that all court cases are to be resolved in courts of Mumbai only. (Usually this is mentioned in the * asterisk conditions in some banks, as far I can remember).
Yes they mention that. But that doesn't mean anything. You can file anywhere in india. They need to send their representative.
Also in case of disagreement, court always favour the party that didn't write the contract I.e. customer.
A friend's friend had filed a case in odisha against fk for iPhone order cancellation. And won the case. Similar thing happened in same district court for a shoe order cancellation against fk.

Riya

So your take is that Axis firstly promised you that a card COULD be upgraded but then later denied....
I see no real solid substance for you in this case... Banks are at their liberty to provide and decline a product like credit card...

So your take is that Axis firstly promised you that a card COULD be upgraded but then later denied....
I see no real solid substance for you in this case... Banks are at their liberty to provide and decline a product like credit card...
Sure but the thing he already has magnus. And he was promised upgrade to mb against upgrade to burgundy account. It's a clear quid pro quo.
Court can't force them to give cc, but he is due compensation for clear mis-selling /discrimination/mental anguish/wastage of time. Plus the interest lost by putting 10L in savings account.

Riya

Sure but the thing he already has magnus. And he was promised upgrade to mb against upgrade to burgundy account. It's a clear quid pro quo.
Court can't force them to give cc, but he is due compensation for clear mis-selling /discrimination/mental anguish/wastage of time. Plus the interest lost by putting 10L in savings account.
It can only be fought when he has a physical/ digital proof that he was promised that he will surely get this upon fulfilling certain conditions, otherwise the bank will face legal actions....
In banking terms, verbal actions doesn't hold any stand

It can only be fought when he has a physical/ digital proof that he was promised that he will surely get this upon fulfilling certain conditions, otherwise the bank will face legal actions....
In banking terms, verbal actions doesn't hold any stand
As he satisfies for magnus, so he is automatically eligible for mb. Only extra criteria is burgundy account, which he has.

Any decent lawyer can make his case. Its not like he was trying to upgrade feom myzone/neo.

wokrishnahai

Hey! Thanks for the input. Yes, they are till the time they don't ask you to keep 10 lacs in a savings account for the eligibility.