• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus Burgundy Redemption Troubles

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone. Making this thread as very little information is available here on TF about it and whatever is there is very fragmented. Tried searching but didn't find anything useful.

So the problem is that since upgrading to Magnus Burgundy, the points pool are for ER and MB points.
To spend ER, we need to exhaust MB points first, and since I have close to 450 MB, I am able to transfer 400 points out to partners. But the funny thing is that after doing the transfer, MB does not change and the points are deducted from the ER bucket, hence the 40,000 ER I have, will take about 100 transactions! To add to this and make it funnier/frustrating is the fact that Axis continues to credit new points earned to the ER bucket!

Have heard there is a software patch coming up, but we need to complain to Axis as this is against any T&C that axis has provided, making our points useless which we have rightfully earned as per their T&C. This glitch is actually beneficial for Axis as customers are not able to transfer points, helping them reduce their points purchase expenses at our expense.

What we need to know is that what is the definitive solution for this, and we need to be sending our complaint regarding this to PNO and premium.experience so that we have a reliable solution. I've been hearing this 'next week fix' promise since September now. It's been almost 6 months and no exact solution has been provided nor an official commitment or statement by Axis to solve this issue.

Request everyone to give in their suggestion and please let us know if somebody has been able to circumvent this glitch.

Thank you!

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone. Making this thread as very little information is available here on TF about it and whatever is there is very fragmented. Tried searching but didn't find anything useful.

So the problem is that since upgrading to Magnus Burgundy, the points pool are for ER and MB points.
To spend ER, we need to exhaust MB points first, and since I have close to 450 MB, I am able to transfer 400 points out to partners. But the funny thing is that after doing the transfer, MB does not change and the points are deducted from the ER bucket, hence the 40,000 ER I have, will take about 100 transactions! To add to this and make it funnier/frustrating is the fact that Axis continues to credit new points earned to the ER bucket!

Have heard there is a software patch coming up, but we need to complain to Axis as this is against any T&C that axis has provided, making our points useless which we have rightfully earned as per their T&C. This glitch is actually beneficial for Axis as customers are not able to transfer points, helping them reduce their points purchase expenses at our expense.

What we need to know is that what is the definitive solution for this, and we need to be sending our complaint regarding this to PNO and premium.experience so that we have a reliable solution. I've been hearing this 'next week fix' promise since September now. It's been almost 6 months and no exact solution has been provided nor an official commitment or statement by Axis to solve this issue.

Request everyone to give in their suggestion and please let us know if somebody has been able to circumvent this glitch.

Thank you!
I have escaped this to MD desk. No reply yet, month and half elapsed.

Reactions: 787

uchitshah

TF Buzz
Has anyone faces this issue:

Magnus Burgundy (MB) Points has not been credit to my account post Jan 23rd.
Is anyone else also facing the same problem.
The last transaction i got MB points is on Jan 23rd.

They said they had TAT of 15 days for points to be credited, but still today points have not been credited.

uchitshah

TF Buzz
Has anyone faces this issue:

Magnus Burgundy (MB) Points has not been credit to my account post Jan 23rd.
Is anyone else also facing the same problem.
The last transaction i got MB points is on Jan 23rd.

They said they had TAT of 15 days for points to be credited, but still today points have not been credited.
I inquired with Axis Bank personal.
They said there is some technical issues going on, they are aware of it.

It will be solved by Feb end only and all point will be credited after that.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
All this is already being discussed at length on the following 2 posts:

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
All this is already being discussed at length on the following 2 posts:

The multiple buckets and 40,000 ER needing 100 transactions is not listed any where. If you have a solution or official statement from axis please do let us know. It's being talked very less and the complaints are disproportionately low to the issue being faced as we don't expect a big bank to limit any transfer or usage of points earned legitimately going against their own T&C.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Axis cards = trouble.

With so much going on every day at Axis, the cards don't even get a chance to settle down before they get re-valued/de-valued again.
And it's not just one card, they're constantly changing every damn card in their portfolio which I can imagine might be a nightmare for the head of the cards to convey to his team and keep making the changes.

Axis Magnus Card
Axis Magnus LTF Card
Axis Burgundy Account
Axis True Burgundy Account
Axis Truest Burgundy Account(No TRV exception accounts)
Axis Burgundy Magnus Free Card
Axis Burgundy Magnus Paid Card
Axis Burgundy Points Bucket
Axis Burgundy Magnus Points Bucket
Axis Magnus Points Bucket

I bet half the Axis employees wouldn't even know what half of these mean, forget conveying the same to the tech team and sales employees.

And these combinations are from just one card and one type of account, Axis has 16 such cards and each one has multiple reward categories, MCC exceptions, brand partners and what not.

They need to pull their pants up and clean their mess before someone exploits their house of cards and it starts to fall.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis cards = trouble.

With so much going on every day at Axis, the cards don't even get a chance to settle down before they get re-valued/de-valued again.
And it's not just one card, they're constantly changing every damn card in their portfolio which I can imagine might be a nightmare for the head of the cards to convey to his team and keep making the changes.

Axis Magnus Card
Axis Magnus LTF Card
Axis Burgundy Account

I bet half the Axis employees wouldn't even know what half of these mean, forget conveying the same to the tech team and sales employees.

And these combinations are from just one card and one type of account, Axis has 16 such cards and each one has multiple reward categories, MCC exceptions, brand partners and what not.

They need to pull their pants up and clean their mess before someone exploits their house of cards and it starts to fall.

Such an accurate and true reflection of what’s going on with axis CCs. With Magnus being a hero product to it now becoming a cause of mistrust for the bank.

Hope your post reaches top echelons of axis bank so that they can fix their crazy actions since August 2023.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The multiple buckets and 40,000 ER needing 100 transactions is not listed any where. If you have a solution or official statement from axis please do let us know. It's being talked very less and the complaints are disproportionately low to the issue being faced as we don't expect a big bank to limit any transfer or usage of points earned legitimately going against their own T&C.
It has been discussed since I have mentioned my own pains too along with others on the big thread. No solution. They have committed to resolve it all in this month. Personally gave them scathing remarks when they called me up today. Let's see how it works out. You at least have 400 points in MB bucket. Remember this works in chronological order. At some point of time, if more ERs in ER bucket have been recently accumulated, MB bucket will get over and you'll need more points in MB bucket to start transferring them again.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It has been discussed since I have mentioned my own pains too along with others on the big thread. No solution. They have committed to resolve it all in this month. Personally gave them scathing remarks when they called me up today. Let's see how it works out. You at least have 400 points in MB bucket. Remember this works in chronological order. At some point of time, if more ERs in ER bucket have been recently accumulated, MB bucket will get over and you'll need more points in MB bucket to start transferring them again.
Yes you are right, that happened with me also. All I do is top up some MB by doing a spend so they go above 300. And then it lets me do 7-8 transfers and then mysteriously the last transfer is taken out of the MB bucket. Have no idea why but that’s how it’s been happening.

When you say they have committed to resolve it this month, what does that mean, was there an official email or statement by them. If yes, request you to please share.

Thank you!

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes you are right, that happened with me also. All I do is top up some MB by doing a spend so they go above 300. And then it lets me do 7-8 transfers and then mysteriously the last transfer is taken out of the MB bucket. Have no idea why but that’s how it’s been happening.

When you say they have committed to resolve it this month, what does that mean, was there an official email or statement by them. If yes, request you to please share.

Thank you!
Check this screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240213_001328_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_001328_Gmail.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 62

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Great thank you! Was this sent by cust care or PNO?

Hope it is resolved soon as Magnus burgundy is not a bad card if used properly. But all that point earning is useless if can’t be redeemed! Thanks again
Customer care. Not going till PNO because they have asked for patience.

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis cards = trouble.

Axis Magnus Card
Axis Magnus LTF Card
Axis Burgundy Account

Great summary but maybe that is their strategy....create so much confusion that the reward farmers stop using the card...only those who dont care about rewards end up spending as they anyways dont check the tnc or rp structure after acq

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Great summary but maybe that is their strategy....create so much confusion that the reward farmers stop using the card...only those who dont care about rewards end up spending as they anyways dont check the tnc or rp structure after acq
Hahaha 100% true!

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Not caring about rewards is good.

But bank employees not knowing about rewards in unprofessional.

Amex doesn't offer LTF cards and that's their policy, it keeps the free-loaders away and keeps them premium.
On top of that, they offer great rewards for joining for the first year and additional perks which are way worth more than the card fees, that's top-notch service.

You don't need to annoy the real customers to keep the cc geeks away! If that's the plan, Axis credit cards might lose a big chunk of cc share.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not caring about rewards is good.

But bank employees not knowing about rewards in unprofessional.

Amex doesn't offer LTF cards and that's their policy, it keeps the free-loaders away and keeps them premium.
On top of that, they offer great rewards for joining for the first year and additional perks which are way worth more than the card fees, that's top-notch service.

You don't need to annoy the real customers to keep the cc geeks away! If that's the plan, Axis credit cards might lose a big chunk of cc share.
Nice plug to get referrals!
Kindly request you to please stick to the thread topic as amex issuing LTF and first year joining fee and bonus is completely irrelevant to this thread.

Thanks!

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Nice plug to get referrals!
Kindly request you to please stick to the thread topic as amex issuing LTF and first year joining fee and bonus is completely irrelevant to this thread.

Thanks!
Referral or no referral, what's true has to be shared. :)