• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fastest way to get a card with international lounge access ?

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Friend of mine leaves for his honeymoon to Hanoi and Bali on 12th May Sun ,
he has a ICICI MMT Signature Dreamfolks Card and BOB Rupay Select Debit Card, few other basic cards with only Domestic access but nothing with international guest access,
His bride has just a SBI debit card ,nothing else

Any way they can acquire a card that would give her lounge access at HAN ,DPS and KUL.

P.s. - I've already told him to open a Canara account about a month ago ,but application got stuck due to some documents issue and he didn't follow through in time ,now canara branch manager it'll another 10-15 days to sort it out

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Probably IDFC wealth debit would be the quickest option… they are damn quick to open accounts

Credit card usually takes longer time, debit card is the way to go

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes Marquee is also a good option

Especially when few people have already confirmed that card is working in international lounge access
And the best part is… it got Guest access as well… so your friend can take his spouse with him without the need of any additional card

jetesh

TF Ace
1. Canara Bank Secured Select credit card. Basically credit card against FD.

2. IDFC Wealth DC.

3. Yes Bank Elite plus or Reserv Credit card against FD.

4. Open an regular savings account with BOB. Immediately apply a BOB opulence debit card ( paid card : Rs 9500 + GST). Unlimited domestic and international lounge access.

5. IndusInd Celesta AMEX credit card against FD.

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You want the Fastest way ? And 100% approval rate ? 🤪🤟

Bring me along. I will use my cards and give them access to multiple international lounges.

DPS and KUL, wil be guaranted 5hrs+ lounge stay. Cannot say the same for HAN.

If need any pointers for bali - hire car, indian food places, places to visit in short time, need indonesian currency, can dm me. I live in jakarta.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Oh, and dreamfolk card didnt work for me at bali departure concorde lounge. Was some card swipe error. Then i used my marriott bonvoy diners club cc.

Tell your friend, get the dreamfolk app, and add his card to the app. Then can generate qr code for the lounge after search. Use the same for wife's access also, swipe / qr as 2nd entry.

Guest entry will be charged, if no free quota for guest. Can swipe same card twice, and choose 2nd entry.

And from my personal experience, dont need lounge access card in wife's name for international. I use cards in my name, and use for my wife's access in kul, cgk, dps, sin, more than 1 time. But sath rahna parega.

Ye sab india lounge wale ka chochala hai, id dikhayo, name match nahi ho raha etc, etc.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Oh, and dreamfolk card didnt work for me at bali departure concorde lounge. Was some card swipe error. Then i used my marriott bonvoy diners club cc.

Tell your friend, get the dreamfolk app, and add his card to the app. Then can generate qr code for the lounge after search. Use the same for wife's access also, swipe / qr as 2nd entry.

Guest entry will be charged, if no free quota for guest. Can swipe same card twice, and choose 2nd entry.

And from my personal experience, dont need lounge access card in wife's name for international. I use cards in my name, and use for my wife's access in kul, cgk, dps, sin, more than 1 time. But sath rahna parega.

Ye sab india lounge wale ka chochala hai, id dikhayo, name match nahi ho raha etc, etc.
I see ,but he himself has only 3(BOB Rupay Select) + 1(ICICI MMT Sig Dreamfolks) lounge access, and they need atleast 6 visits for this trip ,his layover in KUL on his return is about 10 Hrs at KLIA2

Btw I've had quite the opposite experience, I've taken multiple people on my cards in india many times ,no questions asked as long as I'm there
However both Marhaba Lounge at DXB and Turkish Airlines Lounge at MIA didn’t allow others entry on my card and i had to use guest access on my magnus priority pass

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I see ,but he himself has only 3(BOB Rupay Select) + 1(ICICI MMT Sig Dreamfolks) lounge access, and they need atleast 6 visits for this trip ,his layover in KUL on his return is about 10 Hrs at KLIA2

Btw I've had quite the opposite experience, I've taken multiple people on my cards in india many times ,no questions asked as long as I'm there
However both Marhaba Lounge at DXB and Turkish Airlines Lounge at MIA didn’t allow others entry on my card and i had to use guest access on my magnus priority pass
It all depends on the staff of the lounges and what mood they are in, how much crowd in the lounge, etc.

Ah, atleast have 4 access, and hoping all 4 access will work. For other 2 access, if no other options available before departure, buy additional access, using lowest forex card for less charge.

The most common scenario i have seen at bali is for couples who comes for honeymood at high-end hotels, with full package, only to realised that their agent book them a basic room with no amenities. I suggest book directly with hotel, with added perks, for peace of mind. I have personally assisted few couples from India, at fairfield bali legion this march(stayed there for 8 days during our anniversary), where their agent book them room with breakfast + lunch, only to find out it was a basic room only. And 1 time, it was booked for 1 person only, so had to pay extra for wife's stay. Can see the dissapointment on their face and when i asked them, they said, bhaiya dekho na apne hi agent ne loot liya. At times like these, bahut kharab lagta hai.

So please be careful of such scenario.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It all depends on the staff of the lounges and what mood they are in, how much crowd in the lounge, etc.

Ah, atleast have 4 access, and hoping all 4 access will work. For other 2 access, if no other options available before departure, buy additional access, using lowest forex card for less charge.

The most common scenario i have seen at bali is for couples who comes for honeymood at high-end hotels, with full package, only to realised that their agent book them a basic room with no amenities. I suggest book directly with hotel, with added perks, for peace of mind. I have personally assisted few couples from India, at fairfield bali legion this march(stayed there for 8 days during our anniversary), where their agent book them room with breakfast + lunch, only to find out it was a basic room only. And 1 time, it was booked for 1 person only, so had to pay extra for wife's stay. Can see the dissapointment on their face and when i asked them, they said, bhaiya dekho na apne hi agent ne loot liya. At times like these, bahut kharab lagta hai.

So please be careful of such scenario.
They've booked everything on Agoda(best prices by comparison) and Airbnb ,even Halong bay cruise booked on Agoda
I've made 1 booking for them on luxuryescapes.com(found a great deal ,so gifted them for thier wedding),

But thanks for the tip ,will keep that in mind

I haven't used a travel agent ever in my life ,
my dad used to do it when i was little before the likes of makemytrip came up ,
i thought that the whole concept of travel agent became obsolete, but apparently people still use them

Last edited:

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Let me ask everyone here something odd on my mind,

I've got a Union Bank Rupay Select Debit Card with no name on it
,can anyone other then me use it for lounge access ?
,will the charge slip from lounge's card machine have my name printed on it ?
,will they match the name after charge slip is generated ?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They've booked everything on Agoda(best prices by comparison) and Airbnb ,even Halong bay cruise booked on Agoda
I've made 1 booking for them on luxuryescapes.com,

But thanks for the tip ,will keep that in mind

I haven't used a travel agent ever in my life ,
my dad used to do it when i was little before the likes of makemytrip came up ,
i thought that the whole concept of travel agent became obsolete, but apparently people still use them
Agents are good, only if good agents. And not all agents are good. Thats the problem.

For honeymoon trips, usually family member give gifts. And they usually book thru a travel agent. Mere fam mein utna udar koi nahi tha, to sab mujhe hi karna para tha 😅

Bahut logo ko dekha hai, usa mein chacha, dubai mein mama, london mein phufa, mera aisa koi kyun nahi hai 😂😂

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Let me ask everyone here something odd on my mind,

I've got a Union Bank Rupay Select Debit Card with no name on it
,can anyone other then me use it for lounge access ?
,will the charge slip from lounge's card machine have my name printed on it ?
,will they match the name after charge slip is generated ?
Can surely try.

Also, if you are thinking of giving your card to your friend, you can give your priority pass as well. And let your friend try it out at the lounges.

Jaida se jaida, accept nahi karega. Agar accept kar liya without saying anything, to problem solved and balle balle.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can surely try.

Also, if you are thinking of giving your card to your friend, you can give your priority pass as well. And let your friend try it out at the lounges.

Jaida se jaida, accept nahi karega. Agar accept kar liya without saying anything, to problem solved and balle balle.
I see ,I've got a Priority Pass from RBL World Safari and dreamfolks from ICICI MMT Signature apart from my Diner's Black ,

Can't give DCB as i need it for day to day transactions ,but don't mind giving the former 2 as they're pretty much useless for me for now(no plans for international travel this year)

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I see ,I've got a Priority Pass from RBL World Safari and dreamfolks from ICICI MMT Signature apart from my Diner's Black ,

Can't give DCB as i need it for day to day transactions ,but don't mind giving the former 2 as they're pretty much useless for me for now(no plans for international travel this year)
Chalo problem solved. Just tell your friend not to say - "ye wala card try karo, its my friend's".

And there is some % chance of a preapproved upgrade if you use your card features, so its good in your case as well. Card ka features use to ho rahe hai.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Chalo problem solved. Just tell your friend not to say - "ye wala card try karo, its my friend's".
Yeah but will that work ?
What if the lounge agent compares names on card and boarding pass ,
Because they were very specific about it on my trip to US last year(as mentioned before about DXB & MIA)

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah but will that work ?
What if the lounge agent compares names on card and boarding pass ,
Because they were very specific about it on my trip to US last year(as mentioned before about DXB & MIA)
Now thats completely on luck basis. Asia is usually easy going. No harm to keep some cards handy, if there is no other choice. If they not accept, surely your friend will buy the access as final option.