• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iROS

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
We prefer eating at airport food court rather than lounge (except 080 Lounge). And the recent news about person falling sick after Pune lounge meal makes my preference more firm (not implying that food court quality is best). The only thing left to do will be plan in advance and pack home cooked food and cherish.

namit

TF Buzz
Indians are definitely not the worst behaved tourists in the world. Not even close. That honour goes to the Mainland Chinese. They tend to be excessively rude, loud and exasperating, part of which can be ascribed to their low proficiency in English, and much of which to their newly moneyed status. In general, their demeanour has not caught up to their improved finances.

Indians are mostly insular, we tend to stick in groups and stick to our own cuisine even when we travel outside etc. The problem with Indians is we are stingy and try to find a bargain or discount on everything, even in places or situations outside the country where such a culture does not exist. We have a mental block when it comes to finances, but unless we are talking about the Brampton type of Indian crowd, we are not known to be loud, rude or entitled.
At Bangkok airport I once saw a mainland Chinese guy shout at immigration officer and the officer tore his visa on arrival form. That guy had to go back at end of queue and had to fill his form again. Definitely no one can take away worst tourists crown from mainland Chinese.

gowmara

TF Buzz
Sorry to hear that, must have been a been an exception since everyone in my friend circle (including friends from Delhi and Bangalore) likes the food at this lounge more than any other lounge.

It's a standard practice internationally to match the name on the card with the boarding pass. My wife had to use a different priority pass because the one she was using had her maiden name which didn't match with her boarding pass name. I hope all lounges in India start following this - this will solve overcrowding issues more than the spent limit criteria. I have seen people pull out 7-8 cards in the same name to grant access to their friends and families.
So what kind of name match they do?
Typically name in credit card will not be a full name . Last name will always be initial? Whether card , lounge pass and passport should all have full name ( first name and last name

Typically name in credit card will not be a full name . Last name will always be initial? Whether card , lounge pass and passport should all have full name ( first name and last name
Well my cards have my full name (first & last) so I haven't come across this scenario yet but in case you have initials and last name then they can match the last name and check if the initials match with the first name.

gowmara

TF Buzz
I have Tata hdfc infinity RuPay and PNB select RuPay cc , both have free international lounge. Do anyone know how to know to use these cards, I tried to add hdfc card in dream folks site but it showing only domestic lounges

telescope

TF Ace
I have Tata hdfc infinity RuPay and PNB select RuPay cc , both have free international lounge. Do anyone know how to know to use these cards, I tried to add hdfc card in dream folks site but it showing only domestic lounges
keep intl transaction enabled and swipe directly at lounge and twll lounge executive that its dilers club. it'll work.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i have never seen them. match names at domestic lounges...long lines already so they don't check and frankly why shd they care...its billing for them.. if its empty some person may check for the heck of it as time pass... . . have they started chkg now.. International lounges do check passport many times

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i have never seen them. match names at domestic lounges...long lines already so they don't check and frankly why shd they care...its billing for them.. if its empty some person may check for the heck of it as time pass... . . have they started chkg now.. International lounges do check passport many times
Yeah, matching names has always been a requirement, even in India.

However as you mentioned the lounge operators don't care, it's money for them. If they could swipe ghost guests you'll definitely see that happening.

Also this is a soft rule, there's no system verifying a name match hence the abuse because they can and nobody can check it!

helloworld

TF Legend
Yeah, matching names has always been a requirement, even in India.

However as you mentioned the lounge operators don't care, it's money for them. If they could swipe ghost guests you'll definitely see that happening.

Also this is a soft rule, there's no system verifying a name match hence the abuse because they can and nobody can check it!

there are two lounges in Goa DOI airport, both are under one name and operated by single channel but the problem is
- one is pure lounge like access, eat whatever available and out.

whereas, second one is straight away doing business and spoiling entire lounge operation. Its a stall where you have to swipe 2rs. or 25rs. for each single item.

like tea (one swipe), soft drink (another swipe), small meal (another swipe) and worst part they can do multiple times but they won't provide all with single swipe. I'm sure they get 600+ something for each swipe from bank, yet we receive only one item for it.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
there are two lounges in Goa DOI airport, both are under one name and operated by single channel but the problem is
- one is pure lounge like access, eat whatever available and out.

whereas, second one is straight away doing business and spoiling entire lounge operation. Its a stall where you have to swipe 2rs. or 25rs. for each single item.

like tea (one swipe), soft drink (another swipe), small meal (another swipe) and worst part they can do multiple times but they won't provide all with single swipe. I'm sure they get 600+ something for each swipe from bank, yet we receive only one item for it.
Total fraud guy, looting both banks and customers

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Report it to the bank. They'll be very interested in this practice, even better if you record it and upload it to X.

They can pull this off because they're doing a direct partnership with the bank, they might not have a foolproof process or even audits and they are taking advantage of that.

Without any remorse or guilt I'd push them under the bus, aim for the wheels.

Businesses like this and whomever is the mastermind behind this can go bankrupt and hopefully to prison as well. Straight up fraud charges and breach of contract.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Report it to the bank. They'll be very interested in this practice, even better if you record it and upload it to X.

They can pull this off because they're doing a direct partnership with the bank, they might not have a foolproof process or even audits and they are taking advantage of that.

Without any remorse or guilt I'd push them under the bus, aim for the wheels.

Businesses like this and whomever is the mastermind behind this can go bankrupt and hopefully to prison as well. Straight up fraud charges and breach of contract.

Reported to HDFC, in my case. Its a stall in food court and if you ask anything they'll swipe it and give it you (that went to lounge access of our account), I saw someone got swiped like 3 or 4 times because they think its just 2rs./25rs. for each swipe and that too within 2 or 3 mins. (lounge has a restriction like 30mins. before swiping again).

And there are shop people, who ask everyone 'if you have credit card, we offer free meal, come and swipe for 2rs. only'. I never saw this kind of advt. for any lounge.