• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
many issuers either removed complimentary lounge entry, decreased free visits, decreased no. of lounges in list, or made spend-based lounge eligibility from 1st December.

Hyderabad lounge which used to be notoriously known for its overcrowding like a railway station platform, was incredibly empty today on a weekend morning, and there were actually empty tables all throughout my 3 hour visit there.

is this a result of the lounge access restrictions, and anyone also noticed the same happening across other cities too? or was I just lucky?!

Mpautobe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
many issuers either removed complimentary lounge entry, decreased free visits, decreased no. of lounges in list, or made spend-based lounge eligibility from 1st December.

Hyderabad lounge which used to be notoriously known for its overcrowding like a railway station platform, was incredibly empty today on a weekend morning, and there were actually empty tables all throughout my 3 hour visit there.

is this a result of the lounge access restrictions, and anyone also noticed the same happening across other cities too? or was I just lucky?!
U r lucky.... :)

abhiver

TF Premier
Even after the devaluation the Lounges are not empty enough. It is just that the turn around time get reduced. Lounges need business and they are not going to loose the Common Man money so easily :D.

vibrant143

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I wonder when our airports will evolve to have differentiated lounges. Maybe dedicated lounges for some of the super premium cards. Or maybe dedicated spaces for super premium cards. Not hard to implement it.
Lounge is a profitable business. Now smaller airport has also started opening lounges . Airport having single lounge will always be crowded. Big airport should have minimum 2 lounges .
Only Bangalore airport terminal 1 has 4 lounges 2nos blr domestic and 2 no’s 080. Due this ,this has solved crowding of lounges. there is hardly any queue to access lounge even in peak time morning and evening when I travelled recently. Thanks to shifting of entire international flights and few domestic carrier to terminal 2 .

techt

TF Legend
PS: My posts might be taken on a lite note due to my sarcasm. But the above is true and I had first hand experience of Hyd Lounge food.

drmsiva

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The lounge in Chennai domestic terminal is also not great - food is not that good. Though not a fan of fast food, we had to settle for KFC / Pizza Hut when using the airport for the last 2 trips.

jetesh

TF Premier
Lounge is a profitable business. Now smaller airport has also started opening lounges . Airport having single lounge will always be crowded. Big airport should have minimum 2 lounges .
Only Bangalore airport terminal 1 has 4 lounges 2nos blr domestic and 2 no’s 080. Due this ,this has solved crowding of lounges. there is hardly any queue to access lounge even in peak time morning and evening when I travelled recently. Thanks to shifting of entire international flights and few domestic carrier to terminal 2 .
Delhi T3 Domestic Airport already has five lounges, plus a Rupay lounge is coming soon. Total in six lounges from March onwards.

telescope

TF Ace
anyone also noticed the same happening across other cities too?
Not really. Few days ago I went to TFS lounge, Kolkata in the afternoon and it was having more than 100% occupancy. Utter chaos and on top of that a buffoon was there with his 5-7 employees shouting and lecturing them and was using crude words. Lounge employees were pissed of with his behaviour but said nothing.

Last week visited The Lounge, Guwahati in evening and it was close to 100% occupancy. But after few mins it was kind of empty, like 15% occupancy.

Guwahati lounge is way smaller than Kolkata but, it's much quieter and food options are pretty decent.

Of all the Adani "The Lounge" I have been to, I only found Lucknow to be pathetic experience.