• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Lounges are still crowded. Only thing is you cannot spend full day there. Most lounges have this restriction. They allow entry only 3 hours prior to departure and you can spend max 2 hours in the lounge during the visit.
that is true at most lounges.. especially the transit heavy airports..abu dhabi / bangalore / delhi / hyd are high in transit passengers.. so they chk.. u xan always tell them that you will swipe again in 2-3 hrs.. if the crowd is less...

abhiver

TF Premier
Okay, so I visited the Delhi T3 lounge recently and can confirm that there is no decrease in Lounge Queue during lunch hours.

Only Air India Business Class Lounge look impressive. Encalm lounge has a long line (wait time of 30 to 35 minutes that too when they have 3 entry points).

One noticable difference is that if you are claiming lounge on Business Class or Vistara Gold, then you don't have to stand in queue which is for the credit card users. However inside the lounge it is crowded as seats are not easily available as it use to be loooooooonnnnggg time back 😁

Also I tried searching for Amex lounge but it seems they have sold it to Enclam.

telescope

TF Ace
Okay, so I visited the Delhi T3 lounge recently and can confirm that there is no decrease in Lounge Queue during lunch hours.

Only Air India Business Class Lounge look impressive. Encalm lounge has a long line (wait time of 30 to 35 minutes that too when they have 3 entry points).

One noticable difference is that if you are claiming lounge on Business Class or Vistara Gold, then you don't have to stand in queue which is for the credit card users. However inside the lounge it is crowded as seats are not easily available as it use to be loooooooonnnnggg time back 😁

Also I tried searching for Amex lounge but it seems they have sold it to Enclam.
If rupay lounge opens soon and enclam redirects all rupay dc users there (unlikely), the rush may normalise. It's high time IGI gets few more lounges being the biggest airport of the country.

telescope

TF Ace
Best way to decrease overcrowding... Raise ticket fares 😝😝
Won't help. Airfares are already going through the roof after Russia-Ukraine conflict. More so in India. Indian domestic airfares are one of the highest in the world now. Even higher if per capita income is considered. Compare fares of low cost carriers of Southeast Asia such as airasia, scoot and compare it with the likes of indigo, akasa etc. Our airport fees are also high.

In spite of all these, lounge occupancy is also at an all time high.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Won't help. Airfares are already going through the roof after Russia-Ukraine conflict. More so in India. Indian domestic airfares are one of the highest in the world now. Even higher if per capita income is considered. Compare fares of low cost carriers of Southeast Asia such as airasia, scoot and compare it with the likes of indigo, akasa etc. Our airport fees are also high.

In spite of all these, lounge occupancy is also at an all time high.
That is understandable. Already people are paying high airfare, they will try to make use of it at least by visiting the lounge and having good food for Rs 2/-. Even if they don't have a card, they will come with their neighbor's card and use it. Lounge access is something that you get for Rs2000/- and what is wrong if someone gets it for Rs 2/- and enjoys the food, sprite, newspaper, and waiting space!

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Amex centurion lounge is still there ,opposite to Encalm Spa ,went there last month

As for others ,i can concur ,all 3 Encalm lounges were crowded with lines outside ,food was abysmal ,i was able to find a seat though ,but no peace and quite

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If rupay lounge opens soon and enclam redirects all rupay dc users there (unlikely), the rush may normalise. It's high time IGI gets few more lounges being the biggest airport of the country.
When is the Rupay lounge at T3 opening ,I'm curious

telescope

TF Ace
That is understandable. Already people are paying high airfare, they will try to make use of it at least by visiting the lounge and having good food for Rs 2/-. Even if they don't have a card, they will come with their neighbor's card and use it. Lounge access is something that you get for Rs2000/- and what is wrong if someone gets it for Rs 2/- and enjoys the food, sprite, newspaper, and waiting space!
I am not saying it's wrong. I am saying that lounge capacity should be increased/more lounge are needed in big airports.

jabwebanged

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I went to domestic t3 at delhi last week and there wasn't any crowd at 10am on a week day. I used the machine on the left side to swipe infina and got in within 15 seconds.

So definitely i can see a decrease. A few months ago there used to be a huge line waiting outside.
But i also noticed overall crowed was less at the airport.
With digi yatra and no checkin bag i was literally from entrance to lounge in under 5 mins.

Gaara

TF Ace
Lounge overcrowding decreased? Oh yeah, since our city doesn’t even have a lounge 🤣. Our airport is partly operated by the Indian Navy and AII.

Gaara

TF Ace
Full House Ok GIF

kshitij_0

TF Ace
not at all, I visited Lucknow domestic lounge which has a capacity go around 60 and its full always and a person near the front desk removed around 10coral cards for lounge access....I was like wt FF
Haan bhai LKO me alag hi level hai. Mera koi bhi card accept nahi kar raha tha bola Sapphiro, Infinia aur Visa Infinite chahiye
Rule kya hai waise?

Animal

TF Premier
Haan bhai LKO me alag hi level hai. Mera koi bhi card accept nahi kar raha tha bola Sapphiro, Infinia aur Visa Infinite chahiye
Rule kya hai waise?
Agree. Even SC Ultimate was rejected. Had to try so many cards.

These worked:
IndusInd Legend
IndusInd Pinnacle
IndusInd Eazydiner Signature
Federal Celesta

These didn’t work:
SC Ultimate
Tata Neu Infinity
Au Xcite Ultra
HDFC Easyshop Platinum DC