• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

drshenoy

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Most of the domestic lounges are still crowded, except 080. The effect of devaluation and usage related lounge access may come into effect probably from next quarter... that is July 2024 onwards

helloworld

TF Legend
by 2025, everyone at lounge means they spent something with their card and hopefully lounges now improve those menu options and make it really worth 700 or 1200 they're charging from bank.

If it still feels like 2rs. menu, then its further devaluation.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
by 2025, everyone at lounge means they spent something with their card and hopefully lounges now improve those menu options and make it really worth 700 or 1200 they're charging from bank.

If it still feels like 2rs. menu, then its further devaluation.
They've cheapened out so much, it's nowhere close to what they charge. Not even half or a third the price.

It almost feels like they have become a public government service, because that's how they run them.

And the lounges committing fraud with the lounge benefit granted cards, cashing them like if they were electoral bonds.

And just like that, nobody is ever held accountable for anything...

At this point I'm wondering whether I should patronize these business and help them with their scheme just to keep pushing things to the limits, maybe once that happens they'll do something..

Last edited:

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
IMG-20240428-WA0002.jpg

DEL T2 Encalm lounge this morning

Line is till stairs
All the things people will go through to use the lounge and get "free" food, even when food has been beyond disappointing for quite a while.

At this point the banks might as well offer credits to use at the airport at similar or even lower rates that the lounges charges them for each entry...

All the things people will go through to use the lounge and get "free" food, even when food has been beyond disappointing for quite a while.

At this point the banks might as well offer credits to use at the airport at similar or even lower rates that the lounges charges them for each entry...
Many people are not frequent flyers, and those people won't be aware of the quality of food inside unless someone tells them. They are just trying to avail a benefit provided to them.

I don't think general public bother on food quality in India as long as it is not poisonous or have worm crawling.
Well that might be true, but seeing as how many people on this very forum hanker after cards offering lounge access, I would assume "general public" includes the members here too. Every person we see standing in the line there has their own life story and circumstances. It seems unkind to me to paint them as unsophisticated while we pretend to be some sort of evolved connoisseurs.

SonyTom

TF Premier
Some of the people who gain entry to the lounge (probably Rupay platinum DC) dont know how to behave in a place like lounge where some people are trying to get some rest or get some job done. They create unnecessary noise and dusturb others.

Another group are mostly college students and some from the above mentioned group who try to load their bags with maximum items they can loot from the lounge. Its ok to take 1 small bottle of softbdrink and/or 1 apple etc. These guys just empty the fruit basket into their bag.

So its better to keep the entry criteria a bit high. This is exactly what the banks are doing.

I know a lot of you guys may call me names. But that is just to show off that they are ethical. But inside their heart they too want this only.

I dont mean to say that money/education is associated with good manners. There are soooo many exceptions. But still, there is more probability that people in good position will be well mannered at least in public

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
So its better to keep the entry criteria a bit high. This is exactly what the banks are doing.
the banks giveth and the banks taketh away. spend criteria on cards is nothing related to lounge overcrowding. this is a normal strategy by bank as seen by recent axis devaluations.
So its better to keep the entry criteria a bit high.
it's just a by-product of the actions bank have taken.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well that might be true, but seeing as how many people on this very forum hanker after cards offering lounge access, I would assume "general public" includes the members here too. Every person we see standing in the line there has their own life story and circumstances. It seems unkind to me to paint them as unsophisticated while we pretend to be some sort of evolved connoisseurs.
It isn't about sophistication or being elitist, it's about how these businesses operate and many people's attitude.

These are LOUNGES, and are marketed as that but operate like food canteens.

They also charge the entry like a lounge, I think it's somewhere about 1500-2500 for domestic. Even if it's the low end, that's still a very very nice full meal for two in a nice restaurant even in the airport.

These lounges are priced just like many lounges overseas and they're NOWHERE close in any aspect.
Some are borderline shameless business with just bread, coffee, tea, sandwiches, no toilets inside and just a shitty seating area if you can even find a seat at times. All manned by 3-4 staff.

Almost like they put effort to see how much they can get away with while being a "lounge" and maintaining these partnerships/deals.

Almost their whole existence is just to get as many people as possible throughout a day inside the lounge while offering the bare minimum.

Also you have this jugaad attitude where people come swipe their cards to let everyone else enter, which the lounge operators in India facilitate even when it is against their contractual obligations and against the ToS for both the lounge and the user. But the lounge will happily swipe it and get that money, and people here don't care because you perceive it as free and apparently makes people feel AMAZING because they're getting away with it.

You can say all you want about people being in tight spots or whatever, from whatever backgrounds or planets they come from. It doesn't justify the behavior and it isn't also the usual case and is rather an exception.

All this and many other things resulted in many issues you can see today in any lounge: big lines, overcrowded noisy "lounge", deteriorating food quality, dirty facilities, bad service, people with that attitude.

Even many lounges following this trend have turned their buffet into baskets with cheese sandwiches to be able to serve that many people, easier to clean, easier to prepare, cheaper.

At this point I'd rather be given 300-500 rupees (whatever banks pay) to spend in food and dining at the airport instead of a lounge entry. I'll just head to McDonald's or go to the mini mart and have the food at the gate.

It might even work better for the banks here at this current state.

Last edited:

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Whenever I go to lounges now, I just dream about the food my mom used to take with us for railyatras during my childhood. Even the train thali was decent...especially cutlet bread for breakfast used to be my fav...

beyond fed up of lounge food now for past 2 years....even though I am in Bangalore and the BLR lounges are one of the best around the globe in terms of quality of food

jetesh

TF Premier
Some of the people who gain entry to the lounge (probably Rupay platinum DC) dont know how to behave in a place like lounge where some people are trying to get some rest or get some job done. They create unnecessary noise and dusturb others.

Another group are mostly college students and some from the above mentioned group who try to load their bags with maximum items they can loot from the lounge. Its ok to take 1 small bottle of softbdrink and/or 1 apple etc. These guys just empty the fruit basket into their bag.

I know a lot of you guys may call me names. But that is just to show off that they are ethical. But inside their heart they too want this only.

I dont mean to say that money/education is associated with good manners. There are soooo many exceptions. But still, there is more probability that people in good position will be well mannered at least in public
Your city ??