• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SonyTom

TF Premier
Rupay Platinum debit cards are there with plenty of people. Lounge overcrowding will decrease only once the lounge benefit is withdrawn from such cards.

SonyTom

TF Premier
They should make it a rule that the people in the line for lounge are allowed to present just one card. If it works, go in; if not, get lost. Make the customer do his homework of figuring out which card will work, instead of holding up the line for everyone else.
Your feeling is understandable. But not practical. Even we at TF also are not sometimes sure if our card will work at a lounge. So no harm in trying the different cards one has.

But this problem of people coming with a bundle of cards is a problem. But now with this widespread devaluation, I feel people behaviour will change. Once they try all their cards and fail at any one lounge, the will be demotivated to try it next time

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well the problem is not the deck of cards they carry.
Even lounges put signs outside that tell you which cards or programs they have so you don't have to ask or they can just point you to it.

The problem is that they pull it out to let their whole gang inside the lounge with just one single individual cards.
I get it if it is a single person or even a single family (wife/kid) but not the whole family tree and bringing in uncle, aunties, grandparents, parents, cousins, nephews, etc into the lounge for "free" with just someone else's card trying bypass and skip the rules. I've seen this personally in nearly every lounge around and specially in Delhi there's always huge groups outside.

More over they argue, fight and beg the staff to let them do it and then the line starts building up and everyone also gets into a mood including the staff. That's when it becomes a problem. There's nothing to argue people, it's not tax filing, it isn't complicated. The rules and access is clear and simple. Stop trying to abuse it.

Moreso usually people trying to pull such stunts will try other "tricks" like taking food and drinks for "free" for the flight, drinking all the alcohol they can, among other things.

Just yesterday I saw a guy waste in the entry of the lounge wasting everyone's time trying to argue why he should be able to take away food after he was told NO. Then he spends to take forever asking questions to see if the food is good and whether if it is worth it using a free entry into this lounge. Mind you, it was one of the worst lounges countrywide.

Also not sure whether this has had any influence over the dramatic drop in quality of everything, but I've specially noticed the food to be fairly bad this year.

Even AMEX Centurion lounge in India is a disgrace to it's name. They don't have too many lounges worldwide and they are pretty good, but the one in Delhi compared to ANY of the others it's a laughing joke... Incredibly small and lacking facilities.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
This cheap and selfish behavour is why indians are considered worst tourist abroad
Again that iconic line -

History is written by those who win the war .
British won the WW2 and we perceive everything thought lens of what they explained us to the world ..

I don't wanna comment on what u wrote to escalate this into pandora box of arguments

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Even lounges put signs outside that tell you which cards or programs they have so you don't have to ask or they can just point you to it.

The problem is that they pull it out to let their whole gang inside the lounge with just one single individual cards.
I get it if it is a single person or even a single family (wife/kid) but not the whole family tree and bringing in uncle, aunties, grandparents, parents, cousins, nephews, etc into the lounge for "free" with just someone else's card trying bypass and skip the rules. I've seen this personally in nearly every lounge around and specially in Delhi there's always huge groups outside.

More over they argue, fight and beg the staff to let them do it and then the line starts building up and everyone also gets into a mood including the staff. That's when it becomes a problem. There's nothing to argue people, it's not tax filing, it isn't complicated. The rules and access is clear and simple. Stop trying to abuse it.

Moreso usually people trying to pull such stunts will try other "tricks" like taking food and drinks for "free" for the flight, drinking all the alcohol they can, among other things.

Just yesterday I saw a guy waste in the entry of the lounge wasting everyone's time trying to argue why he should be able to take away food after he was told NO. Then he spends to take forever asking questions to see if the food is good and whether if it is worth it using a free entry into this lounge. Mind you, it was one of the worst lounges countrywide.

Also not sure whether this has had any influence over the dramatic drop in quality of everything, but I've specially noticed the food to be fairly bad this year.

Even AMEX Centurion lounge in India is a disgrace to it's name. They don't have too many lounges worldwide and they are pretty good, but the one in Delhi compared to ANY of the others it's a laughing joke... Incredibly small and lacking facilities.
Rather than banks & lounge to Teach them or make them understand & hire staff to do that . We crtise own PPL ..
They are unaware not fools

Rather than asking for More service we are like make this exclusive for me .

Air travel is not luxury anymore. Any one can .
Use business class lounge for exclusive peace'.

This like your parents doesn't know how to operate phone or download the latest version of whatpp ..make them bad

All of us who's critising people with family now ..will have family and will at same place one day

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Same I posted here ..but some people can never be over of hangover

Thread 'THE CONONIAL HANGOVER OF SO CALLED SELF ENTITLED INDIAN ABOUT RUSH IN AIRPORT LOUNGE' https://www.technofino.in/community...ed-indian-about-rush-in-airport-lounge.20772/
if those "some ppl" themselves stop accessing the lounge, then maybe the so-called crowd may decrease.
So, My advice to those seeking less crowd is to try "Not Going".

Crowd will definitely decrease and hence problem solved.

techt

TF Legend
if those "some ppl" themselves stop accessing the lounge, then maybe the so-called crowd may decrease.
So, My advice to those seeking less crowd is to try "Not Going".

Crowd will definitely decrease and hence problem solved.
Else stop refunding @D₹V i.e., do rupya verification, we will see people stopping for the loss of 2 Rs.

Indians are definitely not the worst behaved tourists in the world. Not even close. That honour goes to the Mainland Chinese. They tend to be excessively rude, loud and exasperating, part of which can be ascribed to their low proficiency in English, and much of which to their newly moneyed status. In general, their demeanour has not caught up to their improved finances.

Indians are mostly insular, we tend to stick in groups and stick to our own cuisine even when we travel outside etc. The problem with Indians is we are stingy and try to find a bargain or discount on everything, even in places or situations outside the country where such a culture does not exist. We have a mental block when it comes to finances, but unless we are talking about the Brampton type of Indian crowd, we are not known to be loud, rude or entitled.

techt

TF Legend
Indians are definitely not the worst behaved tourists in the world. Not even close. That honour goes to the Mainland Chinese. They tend to be excessively rude, loud and exasperating, part of which can be ascribed to their low proficiency in English, and much of which to their newly moneyed status. In general, their demeanour has not caught up to their improved finances.

Indians are mostly insular, we tend to stick in groups and stick to our own cuisine even when we travel outside etc. The problem with Indians is we are stingy and try to find a bargain or discount on everything, even in places or situations outside the country where such a culture does not exist. We have a mental block when it comes to finances, but unless we are talking about the Brampton type of Indian crowd, we are not known to be loud, rude or entitled.
Well said, chi* are really loud who don't respect others space.
Yes, we must understand that haggling doesn't exist in many countries.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Its their life their wish.. this is India.. We can't judge anyone.. Some are more fortunate than others and its very easy to be prescriptive.. Queues are a way of life here and not going away anytime soon..

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

To tell you how doctrined we are by British rule.
For you to @techt

Wheat and rice was our staple food everyone knows but if u would have noticed we eat rice or wheat ( roti ) more than vegetables
Not because it is beneficial but because of 200 year of loot majority India could only afford that .eating more veg & less wheat or rice is balanced meal .but yeah these small small things we do are how we were socially engineered in long term .
We can call our last gen anything but their collective effort to eat less but make their child study more & getting social upliftment toward study is the reason we are where we r now ..
If our parents were not study oriented .we would be at bad place ..look at the community which doesn't invest in education ..
Like in Africa or middle East or even south America

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Its their life their wish.. this is India.. We can't judge anyone.. Some are more fortunate than others and its very easy to be prescriptive.. Queues are a way of life here and not going away anytime soon..
I understand flying is a necessity so there will always be a wide variety of people flying. But these aren't a public facility... Let alone a basic necessity...

Also you need rules to uphold order and foster development. You can't thrive in chaos.

This is even more important in societies where there's clear lack of civic awareness, discipline, responsibility, among others.

We've lost a fair share of good things due to abuse, the "jugaad" attitude.

In this case it's a clear result of abuse from users and lounges, affecting the banks bottomline and sending lounges into chaos.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Yea indians dont have much hobbies except accumulating assets