• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

family member fulfill DCB Salary & Alumni criteria- apply DCB seperately or addon against my DCB?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear all,

My immediate family member fulfill DCB LTF Salary & Alumni criteria- should they apply DCB seperately or should I apply addon against my DCB (got it LTF under Alumni program). We both are from same college and almost same salary so DCB LTF Salary & Alumni criteria is fulfilled and I did got my DCB LTF 10 days back via Alumni route.

Mainly I do not want any confusion when we travel together and visit International/domestic lounge together. Although I know its possible to use addon and main card simultaneously in lounge but do you think its better to remove this dependency altogether by applying the card directly?

Thanks

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear all,

My immediate family member fulfill DCB LTF Salary & Alumni criteria- should they apply DCB seperately or should I apply addon against my DCB (got it LTF under Alumni program). We both are from same college and almost same salary so DCB LTF Salary & Alumni criteria is fulfilled and I did got my DCB LTF 10 days back via Alumni route.

Mainly I do not want any confusion when we travel together and visit International/domestic lounge together. Although I know its possible to use addon and main card simultaneously in lounge but do you think its better to remove this dependency altogether by applying the card directly?

Thanks
Definitely a separate card...

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Better take separate card as all hdfc addon have same card number so can be used only once online for offers. Will also create trouble for lounge entry if their swipe machine is not working and they enter card number

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
Dear all,

Thanks
What is the benefit you are seeing by getting add-on card? With additional card atleast you will get double the limit for Amazon vouchers on smartbuy, more daily reward multiplier limit.
You are not paying any fee so not sure why you even have this doubt. Am I missing something?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Finally after a process of 45-50 days my family member got her own LTF DCB based on Alumni offer. It took 45 days as the HDFC branch near my home had a temporary Credit Card agent who used to visit different branches and it was very difficult to get hold of him..

Finally he took the documents (Duly filled credit card form, Special Pricing form, Degree copy, 3 salary slip, employee card, bank statement... no Adhaar and PAN as family member did had existing HDFC bank account) on 16 July which his superior kept it with himself due to some issue regarding pen ink getting smudged...

Then around August beginning we sent the mail to priority redress-al asking for the status and then came back that they have not received the docs.. then we gave the details of Agent and his contact detail and then within 2 days they got the docs.. and after 5-6 days we receive message of in principle approval.. and message to do Adhaar biometric KYC which was done by some third party..

And we got another message that some information is pending at out end.. we checked with local agent he said address proof and a self declaration form needs be sent.. I gave it to nearest branch which was picked up by agent after a week.. and then after 2 days we received the instant virtual card on email.. containing welcome benefit details and the pdf which had the credit card number without middle 6 digits.. and the pdf contained a link by which we can get the complete card details like number, cvv, expiry by doing the OTP authentication...

eve

TF Buzz
Hi, Since I am new member, I cannot post a new question. But asking here.

I have HDFC Infinia (paid). I am IIM Alumni, can i apply for LTF DCB separately ? If yes, how do i apply.
I had earlier upgraded paid DCB to Infinia.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I have HDFC Infinia (paid). I am IIM Alumni, can i apply for LTF DCB separately ? If yes, how do i apply.
Check this thread...

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Apply for FYF neu infinity or swiggy or any other cobranded hdfc card. Then Upgrade it to LTF DCB under alumni offer. That way you'll have both

eve

TF Buzz
Apply for FYF neu infinity or swiggy or any other cobranded hdfc card. Then Upgrade it to LTF DCB under alumni offer. That way you'll have both
Thanks, I have got the Neu infinity CC. How long do you suggest I should wait before reaching out to HDFC via email to upgrade it under alumni offer ?

eve

TF Buzz
Can do now also
Hi, Just an update. The HDFC replied on my request and they declined to upgrade I even sent them my alumni card. Any thing else I can do ??
Below is their response.

“ We observe that you wish to upgrade your existing Card to Diners Black Credit Card.

Upon receiving your email, we have taken up for appropriate review and we regret to convey that we are unable to accede your request for card upgrade to Diners Black card currently as per the internal criteria of the Bank. We would like to mention that the same is not in isolation to your card account but is followed as a standard procedure across all customers”

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi, Just an update. The HDFC replied on my request and they declined to upgrade I even sent them my alumni card. Any thing else I can do ??
Below is their response.

“ We observe that you wish to upgrade your existing Card to Diners Black Credit Card.

Upon receiving your email, we have taken up for appropriate review and we regret to convey that we are unable to accede your request for card upgrade to Diners Black card currently as per the internal criteria of the Bank. We would like to mention that the same is not in isolation to your card account but is followed as a standard procedure across all customers”
Do you take any cobranded card recently?

eve

TF Buzz
Do you take any cobranded card recently?
No, I had diners club card earlier around 4 months back, which was upgraded to Infinia paid when I upgraded to HDFC imperia. RM helped me.

Then recently I applied for Tata Neu when I came to know about this Alumni offer. I dont have any other HDFC card.