• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Colourful journey of getting IndusInd card (emailed the MD with proof of lying and deceit from their employee)

Please bear in mind this is a slightly long post that consists of various levels of followup and also me emailing IndusInd with proof of their employee lying and deceiving me.

So back in August I had applied for the IndusInd EAZYDINER card. After the usual initial online application (after CIBIL check) and asking what other card I had, it said I was approved for a 5 lakh limit and offered LTF Legend and AURA, and paid EAZYDINER. I selected the EAZYDINER card.
The VKYC link had some issue though. I did it thrice and the agent's internet connection kept dropping. Anyway once he finished he said everything was okay and the card would be dispatched soon. I even go the email regarding Most Imp Terms and Conditions.

The very next day I got an email saying my application was rejected. I emailed and called asking why so and even linked the RBI circular that said the bank is directed to let us know the reason but no avail.

On nov 22nd I got a call from an IndusInd agent saying that my initial application got rejected because the VKYC person had entered my DOB wrong and had mixedup my MOnth and date and so the card was rejected and that now I was eligible without any extra documents for the same 5 lakh limit. She was offering the Platinum Rupay card saying it was "trending" (I saw later on the forum here that it was newly launched and there was a whole sales push for it).
I told her to just give me the LEGEND card instead (since I just needed the card and higher limit to upgrade existing cards).

Please note - me asking for the LEGEND card and her agreeing to it were all over whatsapp. She took an OTP from me and applied for the card. in 5 days I got the final email saying card was approved and to check for the details. But there it said it was the PLATINUM RUPAY. I did NOT accept the T&C and I called her (and fortunately recorded the call). She said the bank may have given me a "better card". I told her I just want the main card. She said she will check again and raise the request and asked me for the OTP (tbh I am very careful with this but I was in the middle of a meeting and I gave it without thinking). Immedaitely I got the confirmation that that card will be dispatched. I called her again and she acted ignorant (I recorded this as well). She had clearly used my OTP to accept the call and make her sale.

After that I called Customer car the next day (this was Dec 2nd) and told them what happened and when they checked the application they said it was for the platinum rupay card from the beginning (I recorded this as well). I sent all the proofs of recording and whatsapp chat clearly showing she had lied and had been deceitful (including where she asked for the OTP).

Followed it up over the usual grievance redressal matrix. It wasnt even about the card but a matter of principle at this point.

But the escalation was useless. They never got back to me.
I emailed all the following people (after adhereing to the timeline in the grievance matrix)
  1. head of card services
  2. the regional nodal officer
  3. the zonal head
  4. various other heads from other deaprtments
  5. the Main NODAL head for India.

At every level I gave detailed timelines with dates and exact timings of my calls and also the relevant ref number of each interaction.

Finally I emailed the MD. IndusInd had smartly hidden all higher official emails in obscure PDFs so it took a while. I sent him a detailed email from start to end saying what had happened and that I would next approach RBI since I have clear proof of subterfuge from the Bank and that the fact that no one until now got back to me was more indication of guilt by association.
Got a reply the next day and immedaitely that evening the "supervisor" of that agent called me saying it was a misunderstanding etc and that they have placed a request for LEGEND.

3 days after that got an email from the MD's dept saying they approved the LEGEND and have given 7 lakhs limit now

I get that IndusInd cards are mostly useless (unless its Pinnacle etc), but it was a matter of principle :)

Strange

TF Legend
Please bear in mind this is a slightly long post that consists of various levels of followup and also me emailing IndusInd with proof of their employee lying and deceiving me.

So back in August I had applied for the IndusInd EAZYDINER card. After the usual initial online application (after CIBIL check) and asking what other card I had, it said I was approved for a 5 lakh limit and offered LTF Legend and AURA, and paid EAZYDINER. I selected the EAZYDINER card.
The VKYC link had some issue though. I did it thrice and the agent's internet connection kept dropping. Anyway once he finished he said everything was okay and the card would be dispatched soon. I even go the email regarding Most Imp Terms and Conditions.

The very next day I got an email saying my application was rejected. I emailed and called asking why so and even linked the RBI circular that said the bank is directed to let us know the reason but no avail.

On nov 22nd I got a call from an IndusInd agent saying that my initial application got rejected because the VKYC person had entered my DOB wrong and had mixedup my MOnth and date and so the card was rejected and that now I was eligible without any extra documents for the same 5 lakh limit. She was offering the Platinum Rupay card saying it was "trending" (I saw later on the forum here that it was newly launched and there was a whole sales push for it).
I told her to just give me the LEGEND card instead (since I just needed the card and higher limit to upgrade existing cards).

Please note - me asking for the LEGEND card and her agreeing to it were all over whatsapp. She took an OTP from me and applied for the card. in 5 days I got the final email saying card was approved and to check for the details. But there it said it was the PLATINUM RUPAY. I did NOT accept the T&C and I called her (and fortunately recorded the call). She said the bank may have given me a "better card". I told her I just want the main card. She said she will check again and raise the request and asked me for the OTP (tbh I am very careful with this but I was in the middle of a meeting and I gave it without thinking). Immedaitely I got the confirmation that that card will be dispatched. I called her again and she acted ignorant (I recorded this as well). She had clearly used my OTP to accept the call and make her sale.

After that I called Customer car the next day (this was Dec 2nd) and told them what happened and when they checked the application they said it was for the platinum rupay card from the beginning (I recorded this as well). I sent all the proofs of recording and whatsapp chat clearly showing she had lied and had been deceitful (including where she asked for the OTP).

Followed it up over the usual grievance redressal matrix. It wasnt even about the card but a matter of principle at this point.

But the escalation was useless. They never got back to me.
I emailed all the following people (after adhereing to the timeline in the grievance matrix)
  1. head of card services
  2. the regional nodal officer
  3. the zonal head
  4. various other heads from other deaprtments
  5. the Main NODAL head for India.

At every level I gave detailed timelines with dates and exact timings of my calls and also the relevant ref number of each interaction.

Finally I emailed the MD. IndusInd had smartly hidden all higher official emails in obscure PDFs so it took a while. I sent him a detailed email from start to end saying what had happened and that I would next approach RBI since I have clear proof of subterfuge from the Bank and that the fact that no one until now got back to me was more indication of guilt by association.
Got a reply the next day and immedaitely that evening the "supervisor" of that agent called me saying it was a misunderstanding etc and that they have placed a request for LEGEND.

3 days after that got an email from the MD's dept saying they approved the LEGEND and have given 7 lakhs limit now

I get that IndusInd cards are mostly useless (unless its Pinnacle etc), but it was a matter of principle :)
Can you share email id of MD?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Most people would have given up on the escalation matrix.

Finding the MD's email and taking this up helps not just you but so many other people out there who might be getting fooled by the agents just to get their commission of sale. Bringing up such topics to the top management is very important so that such agents are stopped and people are issued the card they applied for!

Irrespective of what value the card offers, pat yourself on the back, you stood up for yourself and the community! :)

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
I had a somewhat similar experience. I had a Kotak 811 savings account for a few months and was in the need of a Kotak CC. They had already been calling me for months offering a CC but I did not need it back then. Anyway, I took the call and said "Yes, I need the CC". They said it is the Kotak Zen and it is LTF. I said "Alright". On the application page it said "Annual fees waived off on spends X". I told the agent this and she said "The app will show that. Please trust me it is LTF." I said "How do I trust you?" She said note down my phone number, my Kotak employee ID and record the call. I said "Fine" and noted down her details. Got the card and it was FYF only. I raised a cancellation request. The retention team called and said they don't offer Kotak Zen LTF since it is one of their premium cards. I said "I only applied because I was assured by this so-and-so agent that it would be LTF. If it is not LTF, please cancel it." She said "In that case, I'll raise a request to make it LTF." And it was done. I was just disappointed by the lack of transparency.

Bringing up such topics to the top management is very important so that such agents are stopped
You're absolutely right!

It wasn't the rejection. It was the clear subterfuge. I agree that sometimes banks give lower/different variants than what one applies for, but this lady had clearly lied. Except she was too greedy to make the sale and contacted me from her personal number and messaged me from it so the bank could not even deny it

I am absolutely planning to follow up on this. I have also visited an IndusInd branch that is 5 mins from my house. Will keep you all updated!