• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closed Both HDFC Moneyback+ & Tata Neu Cards. Wait for Pre Approved offers or try C2C?

BRB

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I obtained an HDFC Moneyback card last year through a preapproval offer linked to my HDFC savings account. However, I soon realized that I had become stuck in the HDFC Low limit Moneyback cycle. Despite my other cards from Axis and ICICI having credit limits in the range of 7 lakhs, my HDFC limit remained at a mere 40k. Disappointed and frustrated with the service provided by HDFC for my primary account, I recently opened accounts with Axis and ICICI. To further express my dissatisfaction, I closed both my HDFC cards and am considering reapplying after a 3-month period.

I am curious if anyone has tried this approach of closing the card and reapplying later. If I decide to reapply, I am unsure which route would be more beneficial. Should I engage my HDFC relationship manager and negotiate based on my Imperia relationship, or should I opt for the C2C/C4C program by providing my Axis card with a credit limit of 7 lakhs? Will this potentially result in a higher limit of more than 5 lakhs for HDFC and provide me with a Diners Club Black (DCB) card? Alternatively, should I wait for preapproved offers to appear in my net banking account? I don't mind waiting, as I primarily use HDFC for its banking offers. However, lately, HDFC credit cards have been less prominent in Amazon and Flipkart sales.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights regarding this matter.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
You did the right thing.

Keep waiting for pre-approved offers. Make as many transactions as possible with your HDFC account.
And in parallel, keep pestering your RM and BM, demand what you want...

You can ask your RM to connect you with senior Credit card person, and try negotiate with him. If you are looking for paid DCB, its not a problem. I could see it for myself their portal with hardly 2 months relationship.

If you are looking for LTF DCB, that's a slow game.

Akashn

TF Ace
I obtained an HDFC Moneyback card last year through a preapproval offer linked to my HDFC savings account. However, I soon realized that I had become stuck in the HDFC Low limit Moneyback cycle. Despite my other cards from Axis and ICICI having credit limits in the range of 7 lakhs, my HDFC limit remained at a mere 40k. Disappointed and frustrated with the service provided by HDFC for my primary account, I recently opened accounts with Axis and ICICI. To further express my dissatisfaction, I closed both my HDFC cards and am considering reapplying after a 3-month period.

I am curious if anyone has tried this approach of closing the card and reapplying later. If I decide to reapply, I am unsure which route would be more beneficial. Should I engage my HDFC relationship manager and negotiate based on my Imperia relationship, or should I opt for the C2C/C4C program by providing my Axis card with a credit limit of 7 lakhs? Will this potentially result in a higher limit of more than 5 lakhs for HDFC and provide me with a Diners Club Black (DCB) card? Alternatively, should I wait for preapproved offers to appear in my net banking account? I don't mind waiting, as I primarily use HDFC for its banking offers. However, lately, HDFC credit cards have been less prominent in Amazon and Flipkart sales.

I think you shoud try c2c with the help of your RM. If you don't get desired card or limit then dont activate it and then play the waiting game

D₹V

TF Prestige

For now banks have immense pressure 💀 from RBI.

Those who received 1L limit in pre approved.

Got 30k limit in new pre approved offer.

Now you need to wait 🤭 more.

For now banks have immense pressure 💀 from RBI.
Could you please elaborate this?

To op:- you did good thing by closing the card. Just wait for 3 months minimum for card offers. Don't close the account. Keep it for making transactions via millennia or platinum debit card.
If you wish to answer are you salaried? You could have tried to enhance or upgrade the card via email to hdfc card team with your ITR or salary slip.

sushant4

TF Buzz
I am in a similar situation, I got moneyback+(40000) in the beginning and got a rupay virtual card with shared limit. I wasn't getting any upgrade offers hence I went ahead to apply through branch for upgrade and limit increase, the limit got to 100000 and got millennia but that was chargeable card hence I closed it. Now I have the virtual rupay card with 100000 limit and not getting any upgrade offers. I'm thinking to cancel this one and then wait. Let know what are your opinions.

I am a salaried employee with HDFC and a High Network Individual with HDFC, yet I'm only getting loan and no card upgrades.

Meanwhile my colleagues have received Regalia Gold LTF with 3 lakh limit on first go.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Why? Something happen? They are not even increasing rates as of now, so can't even say that them tightening money supply is the issue here.

Could you please elaborate this?

RBI recently advised Banks/NBFCs to control the unsecure lending given some report about risks increasing.

That's what happening here. Some banks follow it lightly & some follow strictly i.e. HDFC.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

Can read this

BRB

TF Select
VIP Lounge
To op:- you did good thing by closing the card. Just wait for 3 months minimum for card offers. Don't close the account. Keep it for making transactions via millennia or platinum debit card.
If you wish to answer are you salaried? You could have tried to enhance or upgrade the card via email to hdfc card team with your ITR or salary slip.
Yes, I use my millenia debit card for credit card payments which are in the range of around 60k to 1 Lakh a month. So yes. The transactions in the account are high and yet HDFC was not offering me a proper LE or Upgrade.
I never tried the ITR or salary slip method and I don't want to. As all other cards were obtained without providing any income documents. I would like to keep it that way with HDFC as well. Even SBI offer proper limit enhancements. I don't think we have to beg HDFC for any of their offerings. I believe in CUSTOMER IS KING motto. :cool::ROFLMAO:

BRB

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have you tried e-mailing escalation cc and then grievance redressal cc? I recently was able to convert the same card (business moneyback) to a Milennia cc by pinging them.
I did mail them 2 times over the past few months. They sent me a form and asked me to fill it and send it to their Chennai office. I just left it then and there. I don't understand which decade is HDFC management still living in. Asking customers to go to post office and send physical forms.

cardy

TF Ace
D
I did mail them 2 times over the past few months. They sent me a form and asked me to fill it and send it to their Chennai office. I just left it then and there. I don't understand which decade is HDFC management still living in. Asking customers to go to post office and send physical forms.
Don't bother just fill the form and scan and send with the relevant documents to the same email by replying.
Grievance redressal cc email

D₹V

TF Prestige
Yes, I use my millenia debit card for credit card payments which are in the range of around 60k to 1 Lakh a month. So yes. The transactions in the account are high and yet HDFC was not offering me a proper LE or Upgrade.
I never tried the ITR or salary slip method and I don't want to. As all other cards were obtained without providing any income documents. I would like to keep it that way with HDFC as well. Even SBI offer proper limit enhancements. I don't think we have to beg HDFC for any of their offerings. I believe in CUSTOMER IS KING motto. :cool::ROFLMAO:
Now wait patiently & keep checking credit card offer on net banking.

Just fill 1st step & leave otherwise CIBIL hit might happen on 2nd step.

This way HDFC system will know that you're interested for credit card.