• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC credit card C2C fraud

the_collector

TF Premier
Hi Guys,

I wanted to get a HDFC credit card for my dad so I visited the nearest branch.

The executive told me to open a savings max account and he can get regalia gold LTF on C2C basis.

My dad has kotak and icici with 5L limits.

I agreed and we opened the account. He came and made us sign the C2C form ( I checked it was regalia gold ticked).

Few days later, upon checking , the application was declined with no reason mentioned.

And a few more days later, my dad got a message that his hdfc card has been dispatched.

Upon checking the app, we could see Money-back plus with a limit of 80k.

How can hdfc issue a card without consent? When the application specifically mentioned regalia gold ?

We are yet to receive the card but I have reached out to the executive to confirm if it's LTF and what happened.

While I wait to hear from him, I wanted to know if anyone has faced this? And what would be the next best step?

Should I just not activate the card? Is there anyway I can still get regalia gold?

Or should I take it ( if it's LTF) and will we get upgraded soon?

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Do you know why HDFC does this? Even I had applied for Millenia via C2C about 2.5 years back and it was denied despite excellent CIBIL score and 8 lakhs limit on the existing card. Then, after about 3 months, they sent me a Moneyback card on their own with just 60k limit. That card was never upgraded, nor any limit enhancement after 1.5 years of use despite having an Imperia account and good ITR. Thankfully got Infinia now by other means.
Stupid underwriters and no customer centric approach. They don't want to lose a client and hence sends some inferior product. Also, HDFC loves salaried people and that's their main market.

They recently launched 4 cards for Self employed but there is still no clarity on how to apply. Everyone is scared to apply that they don't get dreaded Moneyback card 😂

hema220

TF Premier
You have extensively used that card and relation with HDFC, whereas I never used that card as its reward rate is very low. So, I guess that’s the reason I never got LE or upgrades with it.
Yes, because those days I had that card only. The base reward rate is less, but, I used to get 5% cash back for smartpay bill payments, all my family LIC payments, electricity bills are added to smartpay. Smartbuy GVs also give 5% cash; I think those days there was no fee for Amazon Pay GVs and the limit may also be 20k per month. I was fully satisfied with the moneyback card's 5% cash back in such a way that I didn't take the regalia upgrade offer because, regalia 5x rewards is effectively less than 5% cashback, if rewards are not used for flight booking (those days I don't have flight booking). If I am not mistaken, this card has a quarterly milestone offer as well (for every quarter, I claimed the milestone offer). I don't remember why I took the regalia upgrade, may be for a better base reward point or because they removed 5% cashback for smartpay bill payments. I'm not sure about it. Overall, I have had a good experience with my MoneyBack card.

tn_72

TF Select
My dad's self employed too. Could be the case then? Thanks for your input, I'd rather not waste time on it. He really wanted the regalia gold but looks like we'll have to wait for a pre approved offer. Any idea if simply maintaining the 25k in the account would suffice to trigger the CC pre approved offer?

We have kotak family banking and I opened hdfc mainly with this in mind.

Could be the case, but I personally have faced low limit and constant decline with hdfc and I'm not yet old 😅
I guess your dad got business money back? is it? If so, when your dad signed the HDFC C2C application, at the very bottom, under terms and conditions, there is a line which says, "I herby agree and give my consent to HDFC bank to issue me a Business credit card basis my occupation type" So if your dad has applied as a self employed person, then there is nothing you can do by writing to PNO or escalating to MD desk if you had got business moneyback. If your dad's occupation is entered as "self-employed" in netbanking, you will get business credit card as pre-approved offer. There are others in the forum, who got millennia card after changing their net banking profile from self-employed to salaried. I am self employed, i changed my profile to "salaried" 7 months ago, but still getting business credit card pre-approved offer :sneaky:

Trust Me

TF Ace
You have extensively used that card and relation with HDFC, whereas I never used that card as its reward rate is very low. So, I guess that’s the reason I never got LE or upgrades with it.

If I go by my own experience with getting regular LEs, virtual non-use of my Moneyback CC never really mattered! I believe it's futile to try to make any sense out of how HDFC works! :)

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

The executive told me to open a savings max account and he can get regalia gold LTF on C2C basis.

I agreed and we opened the account. He came and made us sign the C2C form ( I checked it was regalia gold ticked).

Few days later, upon checking , the application was declined with no reason mentioned.

And a few more days later, my dad got a message that his hdfc card has been dispatched.

How can hdfc issue a card without consent? When the application specifically mentioned regalia gold ?

We are yet to receive the card but I have reached out to the executive to confirm if it's LTF and what happened.

While I wait to hear from him, I wanted to know if anyone has faced this? And what would be the next best step?

Should I just not activate the card? Is there anyway I can still get regalia gold?

Do not make that mistake. Legends on TF have been holding that card for 15 years, and I’ve had it for one year myself. The chances of getting it upgraded are close to Zero.
I upgraded from moneyback plus to infinia metal in 6 months.
It depends on various cases

Gaara

TF Ace
I upgraded from moneyback plus to infinia metal in 6 months.
It depends on various cases

Meaning Season 6 GIF by ABC Network

the_collector

TF Premier
Two things, self employed and old age, don't even waste your time with HDFC. I am 40 with ITR of 24L Plus but self employed. Hence, HDFC is allergic to me and gave Moneyback, though applied for Regalia Gold. Reached out Even to MD desk but absolutely no use and they didn't budge.
How long ago was this and what card do you hold from hdfc now?
I guess your dad got business money back? is it? If so, when your dad signed the HDFC C2C application, at the very bottom, under terms and conditions, there is a line which says, "I herby agree and give my consent to HDFC bank to issue me a Business credit card basis my occupation type" So if your dad has applied as a self employed person, then there is nothing you can do by writing to PNO or escalating to MD desk if you had got business moneyback. If your dad's occupation is entered as "self-employed" in netbanking, you will get business credit card as pre-approved offer. There are others in the forum, who got millennia card after changing their net banking profile from self-employed to salaried. I am self employed, i changed my profile to "salaried" 7 months ago, but still getting business credit card pre-approved offer :sneaky:
I'll check but I don't think it's business MB+ , will know once I recieve the card and I'll update here.

But it's bizarre how hdfc is operating especially when they have such a high customer base.

INFINIA seems like a long long way for me now😅

lightwaves

TF Premier
Hi Guys,

I remember HDFC did the same with my friend back in 2020. He declined the offer and didnt activate it. Later HDFC guys cancelled the card. He didnt get any card from HDFC until this year. He recently got Regalia Gold FYF. Looks like this is a common trick HDFC folks have been using since years. Do not activate and request them to cancel/close this infamous card.

the_collector

TF Premier
He got the normal MB+ and not business.
Still waiting to hear from the hdfc executive on how this happened -_-

sharma

TF Premier
Hi Guys,

Tbh I got the regalia same way.
Which means it depends on location and person maybe

vedu7777

TF Buzz
Take all relevant screenshots/photos/PDFs and email priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com, pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com, and keep your RM in CC.

Call your RM and let them know. Express disappointment and distrust.

I was also promised LTF Diners Privilege but received LTF Moneyback Plus with less limit. Luckily, I had all screenshots.

I did this, called RM, and kept emailing and escalating this.

Got a reply within 3 days with an upgrade form. Took a print out, filled the form and then signed, scanned and sent it back to them.

Got the Diners Privilege within next 5 days, with a mail for annual/joining fee waiver.

The limit is still less, same as MB+, but it's okay as I use the card for BMS BOGO and Swiggy/Zomato only.

Got an extra CIBIL Enquiry, but atleast received the card that I wanted in the tist place.