• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold HDFC Still Offering LTF Cards for C2C?

Came to know from friends that they have got HDFC cards as LTF in Feb and Mar 2024 when they applied through C2C process. I think I was a little late to the party, I asked around to few agents I know. They are saying LTF offer was only limited time offer during Financial year end.

Is that true? Or do I still have any chance of getting HDFC card as LTF through C2C? I don't have account or any previous relationship with HDFC. I have ICICI card with 5 L limit and Axis card with 3.4 L. Was thinking to get Regalia Gold card if I get LTF

Solution
When you apply near financial year end, your chances of getting any card are better as the targets are on the line.

Now, things would be slightly different. They might not be selling as aggressively so you will have to up your negotiation skills.

Visit a branch, ask a few agents around, negotiate well and there's some hope.

Trust Me

TF Ace
U have to take permission from bm for 2 core card ..
He will get special approval for you or
Lien you fd to increase your existing cc & based on l.e u can variant change depending on limit

Thankfully, I have no problem with the CL, -- only with a sensible upgrade offer. My very first "upgrade" offer came just recently (after holding a Moneyback CC for 9 years), -- to a paid Moneyback+ card from my LTF plain Moneyback! :)

sidp

TF Ace
What could happen if I applied for a secured card (FD based) without closing my Moneyback card?
Chances of keeping 2 core cards is low unless you have very good nrv.

Mostlikely they'll upgrade your current card. But problem is if they don't convert it to unsecured in future, your money will be stuck.

Is mb your oldest card? How old? Next oldest? If your next oldest card is around that time, then you can close it.

techt

TF Legend
And the system doesn't need to be sophisticated at all to flag that (if it does so), because there would very likely be an one-to-one correlation between that particular card and no spends!

:)
It is not sophisticated, it's a simple rule. Based on the posts it is clear that hdfc ties money back to non spenders and first timers.

This financial year I will pay 50k towards advance taxes and see if they upgrade.

Also my previous card was Bharat and stuck to this since last September. May be atleast 1 year of penance is needed too.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Chances of keeping 2 core cards is low unless you have very good nrv.

Mostlikely they'll upgrade your current card. But problem is if they don't convert it to unsecured in future, your money will be stuck.

Is mb your oldest card? How old? Next oldest? If your next oldest card is around that time, then you can close it.
Yes, my MB is 9 years old. Next oldest is < 3 years! The MB also has the highest CL which I don't really want to lose.

I still might try the FD way to get out of the MB trap, but the possibility of a reduced CL could be a concern if they don't allow me to keep the MB as well. I think I should talk to the BM.