• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closed Both HDFC Moneyback+ & Tata Neu Cards. Wait for Pre Approved offers or try C2C?

BRB

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I obtained an HDFC Moneyback card last year through a preapproval offer linked to my HDFC savings account. However, I soon realized that I had become stuck in the HDFC Low limit Moneyback cycle. Despite my other cards from Axis and ICICI having credit limits in the range of 7 lakhs, my HDFC limit remained at a mere 40k. Disappointed and frustrated with the service provided by HDFC for my primary account, I recently opened accounts with Axis and ICICI. To further express my dissatisfaction, I closed both my HDFC cards and am considering reapplying after a 3-month period.

I am curious if anyone has tried this approach of closing the card and reapplying later. If I decide to reapply, I am unsure which route would be more beneficial. Should I engage my HDFC relationship manager and negotiate based on my Imperia relationship, or should I opt for the C2C/C4C program by providing my Axis card with a credit limit of 7 lakhs? Will this potentially result in a higher limit of more than 5 lakhs for HDFC and provide me with a Diners Club Black (DCB) card? Alternatively, should I wait for preapproved offers to appear in my net banking account? I don't mind waiting, as I primarily use HDFC for its banking offers. However, lately, HDFC credit cards have been less prominent in Amazon and Flipkart sales.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights regarding this matter.

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My mother was having firstly Easy EMI (40K Limit) which she got in 2020 and then due to the EMI issue she was given MoneyBack with 43K limit. but I later cancelled the card because of this low limit.

And then she got HDFC Swiggy CC with 40k limit and then at a later date in 2023 we applied for Millenia C2C with the card having the limit of 1.4L at that time.

But Today, I decided that we should Cancel our Swiggy CC and close the account and then open a fresh account with new customer ID and then we can later apply for C2C Millenia now with the same card having the limit of 1.74L.

So, what should be my strategy?