• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closed Both HDFC Moneyback+ & Tata Neu Cards. Wait for Pre Approved offers or try C2C?

BRB

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I obtained an HDFC Moneyback card last year through a preapproval offer linked to my HDFC savings account. However, I soon realized that I had become stuck in the HDFC Low limit Moneyback cycle. Despite my other cards from Axis and ICICI having credit limits in the range of 7 lakhs, my HDFC limit remained at a mere 40k. Disappointed and frustrated with the service provided by HDFC for my primary account, I recently opened accounts with Axis and ICICI. To further express my dissatisfaction, I closed both my HDFC cards and am considering reapplying after a 3-month period.

I am curious if anyone has tried this approach of closing the card and reapplying later. If I decide to reapply, I am unsure which route would be more beneficial. Should I engage my HDFC relationship manager and negotiate based on my Imperia relationship, or should I opt for the C2C/C4C program by providing my Axis card with a credit limit of 7 lakhs? Will this potentially result in a higher limit of more than 5 lakhs for HDFC and provide me with a Diners Club Black (DCB) card? Alternatively, should I wait for preapproved offers to appear in my net banking account? I don't mind waiting, as I primarily use HDFC for its banking offers. However, lately, HDFC credit cards have been less prominent in Amazon and Flipkart sales.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights regarding this matter.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
I'm looking for Tata Infinity card as a floater card.
Bank people are saying they are not issuing it as LTF to anyone other then TATA employees.

Any idea how to get TATA Infinity card LTF. Dont want to take paid card and then be at HDFC's mercy to make it LTF.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I'm looking for Tata Infinity card as a floater card.
Bank people are saying they are not issuing it as LTF to anyone other then TATA employees.

Any idea how to get TATA Infinity card LTF. Dont want to take paid card and then be at HDFC's mercy to make it LTF.
They are true.

Why you guys always cry for LTF?

At 1.5% cashback (upto 500 pm) on UPI, you can spend ₹33,333 monthly & earn 6000 NeuCoin annually ~ 5k INR benefits (taking approx 20% depreciation on NeuCoin. If you order anything via that, 10-20% bank offer will be missed.)

And even if you use this card only for UPI monthly, you can easily met waiver.

Though if you give bank business, bank will easily make your card LTF on request.

Just think from different perspective.

Also, there is another card in market, Jupiter CSB RuPay. You'll easily get 2% cashback on UPI if you reach 30k monthly milestone.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
They are true.

Why you guys always cry for LTF?

At 1.5% cashback (upto 500 pm) on UPI, you can spend ₹33,333 monthly & earn 6000 NeuCoin annually ~ 5k INR benefits (taking approx 20% depreciation on NeuCoin. If you order anything via that, 10-20% bank offer will be missed.)

And even if you use this card only for UPI monthly, you can easily met waiver.

Though if you give bank business, bank will easily make your card LTF on request.

Just think from different perspective.

Also, there is another card in market, Jupiter CSB RuPay. You'll easily get 2% cashback on UPI if you reach 30k monthly milestone.
I'm not a heavy spender yet.
But I have a hobby of collecting useful cards on LTF. I do use few paid cards which I can justify.

I just want to collect Infinity as LTF cuz I know many people got it LTF.
So I feel like... if you gave it them all... give it to me also !
But I cant ask bank this way, so I maintain good relationship & ask for what I want. So win win for both.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I'm not a heavy spender yet.
But I have a hobby of collecting useful cards on LTF. I do use few paid cards which I can justify.

I just want to collect Infinity as LTF cuz I know many people got it LTF.
So I feel like... if you gave it them all... give it to me also !
But I cant ask bank this way, so I maintain good relationship & ask for what I want. So win win for both.
Not possible 🤭 until they offer LTF to everyone now or you request bank for LTF after card acquisition.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Not possible 🤭 until they offer LTF to everyone now or you request bank for LTF after card acquisition.
Hehe I started bargaining with Branch Manager....

Based on my personal experience in ICICI bank.... if BM wants to do it... its done. He/She will somehow procure the approvals form regional head or zonal head. You just have to convince BM that you are important to him and his branch. So your relationship matters !

Now trying my luck in HDFC... most likely wont work cuz my branch is situated in core IT place. They would be having 10000's of accounts as me and better. So I'm nothing special & will get treated as normal.

I did mail them 2 times over the past few months. They sent me a form and asked me to fill it and send it to their Chennai office. I just left it then and there. I don't understand which decade is HDFC management still living in. Asking customers to go to post office and send physical forms.
You can go to near by hdfc bank and drop it in their drop box, they will take care of sending it

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
I have closed my NeuPlus & MB+ both this week, as the limit was stuck at 50K, I was not getting any LE from the beginning, I had IOCL card too since 2019 which was having only 30K limit, and I closed it on 2022.

I basically am aiming for Millennia CC and a limit of more than 1L atleast.

Now how long should I wait after this for a maximum chance to get approved on a C2C basis?

I'm currently having -
ICICI cards with > 4L
Federal with > 4L
Axis with > 2L

Suggest me the best card which can be shown as a proof for new HDFC C2C application, will start using that card regularly until I get Millennia!

0xfallup

TF Ace
I have closed my NeuPlus & MB+ both this week, as the limit was stuck at 50K, I was not getting any LE from the beginning, I had IOCL card too since 2019 which was having only 30K limit, and I closed it on 2022.

Now how long should I wait after this for a maximum chance to get approved on a C2C basis?

I'm currently having -
ICICI cards with > 4L
Federal with > 4L
Axis with > 2L

Suggest me the best card which can be shown as a proof for new HDFC C2C application, will start using that card regularly until I get Millennia!
apply c2c via icici

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I'm currently having -
ICICI cards with > 4L
Federal with > 4L
Axis with > 2L

Axis would work.
Btw can get amex and use that. Why amex : 1) referral benefits : ask anyone in your family or close friends to refer. 2) amex providing cards very easily right now so take a chance and ask for high limit.