• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Close Onecard FD and get Onecard Unsecured Credit Card

9v8k9v8k

TF Buzz
I have applied Onecard credit card on june 21 as at that time i did not have any credit card i got it for FD but as of now i have HDFC unsecured credit card for more then 6 months with 25k limit and cibil score above 750 and experian score above 800 i think i now i can get onecard on basis of it so now i want to close my fd but want to continue the card what is the way to do it.

Reactions: AsB
Solution
I have applied Onecard credit card on june 21 as at that time i did not have any credit card i got it for FD but as of now i have HDFC unsecured credit card for more then 6 months with 25k limit and cibil score above 750 and experian score above 800 i think i now i can get onecard on basis of it so now i want to close my fd but want to continue the card what is the way to do it.
Unfortunately they still dont convert the card to unsecured.

Also , once closing the one card will makes you not further apply for one card “unsecured”.

Rather than closing i would suggest using for an year and demanding them to provide unsecured card.

They told me this in the call : Sir after one year the system automatically gives an offer for the...

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
check their t&c in your onecard app plus what the income on itr , i will suggest keep fd, you have long way to go in term of getting unsecured card cause 25k means the bank didn't find any positive or negative and hence gave lower limit

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
More than business, I find their policies plain weird. As in no such fixed criteria for unsecured OneCard CC.
Then mostly i will close it... As I have now got a unsecured card.. As onecard.. Is not accepted anywhere for c2c.... And do transactions on unsecured card.... So that I get limit increase on that....

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
If your one card is with IDFC, I recently heard that its been accepted as okay for IDFC c2c applications. Low limit might be other concern though.
All fd one's are of sbm bank..... Unsecured ones are of bank of baroda, idfc, federal bank and south Indian bank......now idfc is no longer partner..... So one card is giving upgrade to other partners.....

AllSeeker

TF Ace
All fd one's are of sbm bank..... Unsecured ones are of bank of baroda, idfc, federal bank and south Indian bank......now idfc is no longer partner..... So one card is giving upgrade to other partners.....
I see, then you can close it but if it was your only CC and you have been using it for a while, keep in mind that it will affect your CIBIL, as closing it means closing its payment history too.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
All fd one's are of sbm bank..... Unsecured ones are if bank of baroda, idfc, federal bank and south Indian bank......now idfc is no longer partner..... So one card is giving upgrade to other partners.....

I see, then you can close it but if it was your only CC and you have been using it for a while, keep in mind that it will affect your CIBIL, as closing it means closing its payment history too.
No I have now bob card... Yes... One two month...it will effect.... Then again it will bounce back.... I have never defaulted on cc payment...