• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Close Onecard FD and get Onecard Unsecured Credit Card

9v8k9v8k

TF Buzz
I have applied Onecard credit card on june 21 as at that time i did not have any credit card i got it for FD but as of now i have HDFC unsecured credit card for more then 6 months with 25k limit and cibil score above 750 and experian score above 800 i think i now i can get onecard on basis of it so now i want to close my fd but want to continue the card what is the way to do it.

Reactions: AsB
Solution
I have applied Onecard credit card on june 21 as at that time i did not have any credit card i got it for FD but as of now i have HDFC unsecured credit card for more then 6 months with 25k limit and cibil score above 750 and experian score above 800 i think i now i can get onecard on basis of it so now i want to close my fd but want to continue the card what is the way to do it.
Unfortunately they still dont convert the card to unsecured.

Also , once closing the one card will makes you not further apply for one card “unsecured”.

Rather than closing i would suggest using for an year and demanding them to provide unsecured card.

They told me this in the call : Sir after one year the system automatically gives an offer for the...

AllSeeker

TF Ace
You can't convert secured one card to unsecured one. You will have to close this one and apply for fresh one after a while. I don't think onecard is offering unsecured card that easily anymore either so chance of you getting it will be slim.

Sajid

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Also , once closing the one card will makes you not further apply for one card “unsecured”.

Rather than closing i would suggest using for an year and demanding them to provide unsecured card.

They told me this in the call : Sir after one year the system automatically gives an offer for the unsecured. Honestly i dont trust them, but after 1 year lets see what they gonna do.

Solution

Manu624

TF Buzz

They told me this in the call : Sir after one year the system automatically gives an offer for the unsecured. Honestly i dont trust them, but after 1 year lets see what they gonna do.
Even I have backed and they told me also the same. I will wait for 1 year that's November and see what will happen

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Even I have backed and they told me also the same. I will wait for 1 year that's November and see what will happen
Nothing will happen.. Once u have one card.... Either fd one or unsecured thats it.... Journey ends... No chance of upgrade from fd to unsecured.... I closed my card in may.... This thing was confirmed by their customer care head... To whom I escalated my issue....

Manu624

TF Buzz
Nothing will happen.. Once u have one card.... Either fd one or unsecured thats it.... Journey ends... No chance of upgrade from fd to unsecured.... I closed my card in may.... This thing was confirmed by their customer care head... To whom I escalated my issue....
Then I will close it . I. Future if I'm allowed i will take it again

dhiraz

TF Ace
All fd one's are of sbm bank..... Unsecured ones are of bank of baroda, idfc, federal bank and south Indian bank......now idfc is no longer partner..... So one card is giving upgrade to other partners.....
Today One of My Relative Got OneCard Pre-Approved By Bob Financial

If he will use the card for 3 4 Months.
Will it helps to get Bob Unsecured CC?

IMG-20220723-WA0005.jpg

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Today One of My Relative Got OneCard Pre-Approved By Bob Financial

If he will use the card for 3 4 Months.
Will it helps to get Bob Unsecured CC?

IMG-20220723-WA0005.jpg
Cant say for sure..... When idfc disassociated themselves with one card... Those having idfc one card were offered idfc cards pre approved by idfc customer care..... Maybe in future... But bob is it self giving cards so easily... You can easily get premier currently... Just apply... Give any credit card statement... They are approving easily... You dont need a rope for bob cards

dhiraz

TF Ace
Why i can't use OneCard as Rent Payment on Paytm?

I do a rent payment transaction but it fot declined and received this message.

Sorry, we declined your txn of Rs.33681.40 at PAYTM RENTAL as it was out of ordinary. Your card is still active for other transactions -Team OneCard

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
Why i can't use OneCard as Rent Payment on Paytm?

I do a rent payment transaction but it fot declined and received this message.

Sorry, we declined your txn of Rs.33681.40 at PAYTM RENTAL as it was out of ordinary. Your card is still active for other transactions -Team OneCard
From what I have personally experienced, OneCard doesn't allow Cash/fund transfer type of transactions when you have used a large portion of your credit limit, instead they give some vague reason (such as the one you mentioned) for declining the transaction.