• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
I had spilled tomato sauce on my OneCard when I was out eating so when I came home I decided to clean it up with some nail polish remover before placing it in my Maison Margiela Wallet. But when I actually went and tried to clean it with the acetone and a napkin I found out that I had stripped some of the color. Intrigued, I decided to go further and 15-20 minutes later… this was the end result. I think it looks cool.

To get the paint off completely I used acetone and another old expired plastic card to scratch it off.

P.s The backside is still the same since it is a thin layer of plastic and not paint like it is on the front.

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpeg
    IMG_0863.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 558

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Metal has a higher coefficient of linear thermal expansion while the polymeric coating has lesser. So heating and cooling will cause uneven expansion and contraction of the coating and metal blank, making the 2 separate duebto mechanical stresses.
I dont know all these nitty gritty things...
All I know that HEAT causes some naughty things, not only in metals but also in humans !!! ;) ;)

Last edited:

RTR01

TF Premier
I had spilled tomato sauce on my OneCard when I was out eating so when I came home I decided to clean it up with some nail polish remover before placing it in my Maison Margiela Wallet. But when I actually went and tried to clean it with the acetone and a napkin I found out that I had stripped some of the color. Intrigued, I decided to go further and 15-20 minutes later… this was the end result. I think it looks cool.

To get the paint off completely I used acetone and another old expired plastic card to scratch it off.

P.s The backside is still the same since it is a thin layer of plastic and not paint like it is on the front.
I did the same few months back. How did you remove shiny paint. I tired with acetone but only I was only able to remove non shiny part of paint.

I did the same few months back. How did you remove shiny paint. I tired with acetone but only I was only able to remove non shiny part of paint.
Just keep scratching it with the plastic card. Eventually it will come out. Try to do it on the edges if you can already see some of the paint chipped

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
We had lessons in thermodynamics in intermediate and this is the working principle of thermostat.
Alumni of Andhra Pradesh Residential Junior College ( APRJC ) Nagarjuna Sagar , MEC group
Mathematics, Economics and Commerce
State 2nd Rank…

Later
B Com - Badruka College- Hyderabad
Member of Institute of Costs and Works Accountants of India ( ICWAI, now ICMA)
Master of Information Technology from Griffith University, Gold Coast , QLD Australia with Acedemic Excellence Award .

So no science background at all..
I couldn’t remember anything about Science in my studies until 10th standard as it was done in Telugu medium ZPPHS transferred in the mid of acedemic year every 3 years as my father was a govt servant in Irrigation dept..
So until 10th standard, as they say I had done vanakalam chaduvulu..
So , I have almost NIL knowledge in Science

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Alumni of Andhra Pradesh Residential Junior College ( APRJC ) Nagarjuna Sagar , MEC group
Mathematics, Economics and Commerce
State 2nd Rank…

Later
B Com - Badruka College- Hyderabad
Member of Institute of Costs and Works Accountants of India ( ICWAI, now ICMA)
Master of Information Technology from Griffith University, Gold Coast , QLD Australia with Acedemic Excellence Award .

So no science background at all..
I couldn’t remember anything about Science in my studies until 10th standard as it was done in Telugu medium ZPPHS transferred in the mid of acedemic year every 3 years as my father was a govt servant in Irrigation dept..
So until 10th standard, as they say I had done vanakalam chaduvulu..
So , I have almost NIL knowledge in Science
You have an amazing profile.

• Love
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You have an amazing profile.
Thank you,

BTW, we are celebrating our APRJC Reunion next week in Vizag, dignitaries include many Doctors, engineers, entrepreneurs ,accounting professionals from the USA, the UK, India …