• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One Card offers upgrade from FD to unsecured card

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I did not raise any request for this. Neither did I talk to customer care. But I have used the card regularly since last 2.5 yrs. Today suddenly I got a call from One Card that I have this upgrade offer and I can avail in the app.

Maybe they are rolling this in phases.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have got an offer in the OneCard app to upgrade to unsecured card. I had FD of 10k. Now they are giving limit of 3.6L and processing refund of FD.

1709829423015.jpeg

Earlier, I had SBM bank Visa card. Now it is offered in Mastercard CSB bank. I had to complete KYC again.

1709829495681.jpeg
Many congratulations !!
Well done.. proably FY Ending effect ... Still it seems you earned this by your good spend and payment profile.

Last edited:

redcarpet

TF Premier
It might be they are losing customers. Also, the fd rates are around 7% which is almost above the market rate
How is it above the market rate? Almost every banks have similar rates...

Doubt they are losing money over fd.
If they are losing customers I think they'd try to onboard new customers. Their third party merchant offers have been Amazing for the past few months or so.

Consistently giving 20% upto 500 in major departmental stores and many more. They'd rather spend on onboarding than retaining existing customers.

Anyway, either of us could be right or none of us..just my 2 cents

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How is it above the market rate? Almost every banks have similar rates...

Doubt they are losing money over fd.
If they are losing customers I think they'd try to onboard new customers. Their third party merchant offers have been Amazing for the past few months or so.

Consistently giving 20% upto 500 in major departmental stores and many more. They'd rather spend on onboarding than retaining existing customers.

Anyway, either of us could be right or none of us..just my 2 cents
8.5% (9% SEnior citizen) given by all the SFB nowadays.