• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I re-join One card back?

0xShailesh

TF Select
I current own a One Card against FD. They advertised to convert this secured account to unsecured on the basis of usage, when it was launched.

Almost 1.5 years later, after regularly using one card, I sent an email to them asking to convert my card. They got back stating they currently cannot convert secured to unsecured.

So now I have decided to close this FD card for now, but wanted to know if it will be possible to join one card back in the future, as if do they send offers to join after a card is closed? I have a good credit history.

Also I was wondering if getting multiple FD cards of the lowest deposit from different banks and making 1 rupee every month will do any good to my Cibil? Hahah, just a crazy idea.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I current own a One Card against FD. They advertised to convert this secured account to unsecured on the basis of usage, when it was launched.

Almost 1.5 years later, after regularly using one card, I sent an email to them asking to convert my card. They got back stating they currently cannot convert secured to unsecured.

So now I have decided to close this FD card for now, but wanted to know if it will be possible to join one card back in the future, as if do they send offers to join after a card is closed? I have a good credit history.

Also I was wondering if getting multiple FD cards of the lowest deposit from different banks and making 1 rupee every month will do any good to my Cibil? Hahah, just a crazy idea.
No as per their policy right now, once you close onecard(secured/unsecured) you can't get it back again. 😢

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I took one card secured almost 2 yrs ago ( in ignorance and impatience ). If i had waited a month or two , should have got unsecured card for sure. I had 2 unsecured card at that time , HDFC moneyback ( 6 yr old) and new apay card 1 month old.

Later , came to realise I didn't need a FD card , so i closed it after using for 4 months.

Tried many tricks to sign up for one card , but it dosent allow sign up for my pan number.

So , if anyone has a trick , do share...

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I took one card secured almost 2 yrs ago ( in ignorance and impatience ). If i had waited a month or two , should have got unsecured card for sure. I had 2 unsecured card at that time , HDFC moneyback ( 6 yr old) and new apay card 1 month old.

Later , came to realise I didn't need a FD card , so i closed it after using for 4 months.

Tried many tricks to sign up for one card , but it dosent allow sign up for my pan number.

So , if anyone has a trick , do share...
Yeah man. They track PAN no. instead of Mobile no. Even if we try to apply via different Mobile no., it immediately rejects citing you already have application with another Mobile no.
This is why I don't like this card. Very rigid policies. Banks are way better than this OneCard.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Heck yeah! I've emailed them, let's see. I have around 17k reward points thinking of using them first
Also one thing which makes me hesitant is its low forex charges
Want to know how do you use your OneCard that you have accumulated close to 17k RP. I never managed to get the best out of this card. My highest bill on OneCard after close to 3 years of use is just 4000 bucks. 😅

crazyuploader

TF Premier
IDFC wow has zero forex markup.

Indusind Legend has low forex markup.
Oh thanks for mentioning the options for low forex markup. I've heard of IDFC Wow, and I think next month I'll try to get it as well, but since I'm not a noobie anymore (I've had Credit Cards for more than a year now), I was wondering if I'll be given an option to make FDs or if not, can I get unsecured IDFC Wow Credit Card. And if it's secured, can I increase FD amount later? IndusInd Bank Legend Credit Card also seems decent

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Want to know how do you use your OneCard that you have accumulated close to 17k RP. I never managed to get the best out of this card. My highest bill on OneCard after close to 3 years of use is just 4000 bucks. 😅
I think I got OneCard Lite somewhere around November of 2021, and I've been using it primarily and kept increasing credit limit by increasing FDs in the process. Then there were some offers where I ended up generating heck lot of reward points such as FIFA and "Spend 7500, Get 10000" offers. Now I'm just thinking of using the reward points somehow before I finally close OneCard Lite once and for all. Might as well put that same amount in IDFC Wow or some other Bank Credit Card.
So anyways most of the rewards points were from offers I think. Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-08-22-174_com.creditcard.onecard.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-02-23-173_com.creditcard.onecard.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-02-23-173_com.creditcard.onecard.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-02-48-172_com.creditcard.onecard.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-02-48-172_com.creditcard.onecard.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Oh thanks for mentioning the options for low forex markup. I've heard of IDFC Wow, and I think next month I'll try to get it as well, but since I'm not a noobie anymore (I've had Credit Cards for more than a year now), I was wondering if I'll be given an option to make FDs or if not, can I get unsecured IDFC Wow Credit Card. And if it's secured, can I increase FD amount later? IndusInd Bank Legend Credit Card also seems decent
IDFC WoW is secured only card. You also get zero forex markup in these:
Niyo secured credit card
Fi debit card

All of these are lifetime free

crazyuploader

TF Premier
IDFC WoW is secured only card. You also get zero forex markup in these:
Niyo secured credit card
Fi debit card

All of these are lifetime free
I'm aware of Fi and I have Fi too, but Niyo has a Credit Card? I'll also use Fi I don't have any other option in Credit Card. Also what happens with IDFC Bank Wow Credit Card in long term? Like would we get an unsecured card or limit can be increased etc.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I'm aware of Fi and I have Fi too, but Niyo has a Credit Card? I'll also use Fi I don't have any other option in Credit Card. Also what happens with IDFC Bank Wow Credit Card in long term? Like would we get an unsecured card or limit can be increased etc.
Niyo's banking partner SBM Bank has been temporarily paused by RBI recently for foreign transactions via Debit card. So their Debit card is of no use internationally.

Hence they've come up with their secured credit card with same zero forex markup feature. Min FD required is ₹5k. But they don't have any reward structure unlike IDFC WoW.

So, for secured card with zero forex I would suggest WoW card only.
And Yes limit gets increased by increasing your FD.

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Niyo's banking partner SBM Bank has been temporarily paused by RBI recently for foreign transactions via Debit card. So their Debit card is of no use internationally.

Hence they've come up with their secured credit card with same zero forex markup feature. Min FD required is ₹5k. But they don't have any reward structure unlike IDFC WoW.

So, for secured card with zero forex I would suggest WoW card only.
And Yes limit gets increased by increasing your FD.
I think IDFC WOW can be really good for me, almost same as OneCard, if it really has an option of adding more credit limit later by increasing FD amount. Right now, since my international transactions are limited, might as well start with less FD amount.