• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buying gold with magnus

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone

My anniversary is just around the corner and i was thinking of buying gold for my wife but ive heard that if i buy gold with magnus then that spend wont count towards monthly milestone i wont get any points. And i dont want to pay any extra charges just for using cc as when i bought gold with my apay card for my wedding store owner charged me 2% extra. So is there any way to buy gold and count towards monthly milestone and dont spend any extra charges.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone

My anniversary is just around the corner and i was thinking of buying gold for my wife but ive heard that if i buy gold with magnus then that spend wont count towards monthly milestone i wont get any points. And i dont want to pay any extra charges just for using cc as when i bought gold with my apay card for my wedding store owner charged me 2% extra. So is there any way to buy gold and count towards monthly milestone and dont spend any extra charges.
i bought gold in Jan and it was counted towards the monthly milestone!

saurabhduasd

TF Select
There are many jewellers listed on giftedge selling gift vouchers which get counted , may check with store beforehand that you can use GV to purchase what you want

Last edited:

Ashritap

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone

Kalyan jewellers vouchers gives 5x ER points through Giftedge. You can check this out.

Or, you can buy gold coins/bar through Tata Cliq/Amazon shopping as well (Both vouchers give 5x through Giftedge). You can then use these for buying jewellery in any store.

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kalyan jewellers vouchers gives 5x ER points through Giftedge. You can check this out.

Or, you can buy gold coins/bar through Tata Cliq/Amazon shopping as well (Both vouchers give 5x through Giftedge). You can then use these for buying jewellery in any store.
is there any limit for reward point if we buy vouchers? as my purchase will be above 60k

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For Amazon gv my magnus is allowing only 10k per month, not sure if it's only me
What if i just go to jwellery shop like for example kalyan jwellers and buy something worth 65k and pay by magnus will that purchase counts towards monthly milestone and will that purchase accumulate edge points??

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For Amazon gv my magnus is allowing only 10k per month, not sure if it's only me
Amazon Shopping GV is different

What if i just go to jwellery shop like for example kalyan jwellers and buy something worth 65k and pay by magnus will that purchase counts towards monthly milestone and will that purchase accumulate edge points??
Check here : https://www.technofino.in/community...e-update-date-4th-may-2023-11-10-am-ist.9863/

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone

As per TnC jewellery purchases count for ER as well as monthly milestone.
For the extra credit card charges by stores, ideally they are not supposed to, but there's nothing we can do if they charge extra (been there, had tried and escalated but nothing happened). So before making a purchase, do ask the store if they charge extra for it - just go to another store if they insist on charging extra - they will lose your business and hopefully that will drill some sense into them. There are plenty of stores who do not charge extra for paying with credit cards.
Yes to both - ER as well as monthly milestone. However, do try to get vouchers with accelerated rewards if available. It is really worth it and not too much of a hassle. It is really simple and it is precisely for these accelerated points that cards like Magnus make so much sense.

remboroy25

TF Buzz
To determine whether a purchase at Kalyan Jewellers using Magnus will count towards a monthly milestone or accumulate edge points, it would be best to refer to the terms and conditions of the specific program or contact the customer support of Kalyan Jewellers and Magnus directly. They will be able to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information regarding their rewards program and any applicable benefits for your purchase.

beingmohit

TF Premier
Hi everyone

About the 2% extra charges, did you go to some established store like Tanishq, Kalyan, Malabar, or a less renowned store?

Rajat94

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
To determine whether a purchase at Kalyan Jewellers using Magnus will count towards a monthly milestone or accumulate edge points, it would be best to refer to the terms and conditions of the specific program or contact the customer support of Kalyan Jewellers and Magnus directly. They will be able to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information regarding their rewards program and any applicable benefits for your purchase.
Yes it will be counted and you will get edge points as well. I paid at kalyan jewellers last week. They don't charge anything extra for POS. But you can buy Kalyan gold/diamond jewellery offline GV from amazon via AGV from Gyftr and use them.
Do read the t&c before any purchase.

manzb

TF Premier
If you are buying from Malabar, Kalyan, Reliance then the best is to buy the GV from Gyftr and get 5X apart from the milestone benefits. There is no limit on these GVs in Gyftr.

chaitanya

TF Buzz
Hi everyone

You can buy gold and that will be considered for a monthly milestone