• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

gold coin options and ideas

MSU

TF Buzz
Hi

I want to buy around 100 grams of gold coins. How to maximize credit card points . I have nearly all the premum cards with me

Thanks

Pravas

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Need expert option on the below.

I have HDFC infinia and mostly I don't use the max cap of smartbuy bonus points. I am planning to use this to buy Amazon shopping vouchers and use that to buy gold coin vouchers of kalayn/Jos Lukas/PC jeweler from Amazon. The goal is to accumulate gold coins at a discount and use it as exchange while buying jewellery for wife or other family functions.

Here are few of my questions

1. Can Amazon shopping voucher be used to buy gold coin vouchers from Amazon.

2. Which of the these big jewellery chains take less markup (making changes) for buying gold coins and do they provide 100% value during exchange while buying jewellery ?

3. Has anyone done the cost analysis on buying gold coin in this way and whether it is worth the hassle.

Please note that I am not comfortable buying gold coins directly online as I have heard that you don't get proper bills from jewellery shops and that may cause issues while doing the exchange.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Need expert option on the below.

I have HDFC infinia and mostly I don't use the max cap of smartbuy bonus points. I am planning to use this to buy Amazon shopping vouchers and use that to buy gold coin vouchers of kalayn/Jos Lukas/PC jeweler from Amazon. The goal is to accumulate gold coins at a discount and use it as exchange while buying jewellery for wife or other family functions.

Here are few of my questions

1. Can Amazon shopping voucher be used to buy gold coin vouchers from Amazon.

2. Which of the these big jewellery chains take less markup (making changes) for buying gold coins and do they provide 100% value during exchange while buying jewellery ?

3. Has anyone done the cost analysis on buying gold coin in this way and whether it is worth the hassle.

Please note that I am not comfortable buying gold coins directly online as I have heard that you don't get proper bills from jewellery shops and that may cause issues while doing the exchange.

Thanks in advance for your help.
1. Yes, both amazon shopping vouchers and gift cards can be used to purchase gold coins. But you can only buy 25k worth of ASV and 20k GC in a month.
3. It definitely costs atleast 10% lesser than current price I think.

Not sure about 2.