• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buying XUV700/Innova Hycross with Credit Card

aj204~

TF Buzz
Narrowed down car search to 2 - XUV700 AX7L or Innova Hycross VX (on-road being quoted is about 32-33 L). Having put down the advance for both, I might take the one which gets delivered first probably which might be as early as Feb'24). I have also initiated the discussion with sales rep on using credit card for 15L and rest will be financed - so far both dearlership have asked for extra 2% - which I am going to negotiate further.

I have below cards with me. Need suggestions from you guys on how to maximize the returns and split the 15L bill here -

Card
Limit
Amex Plat Travel​
4.34L
Amex Plat Charge​
Magnus Burgundy​
9.73L (Shared Limit)
Axis Atlas​
9.73L (Shared Limit)
Yes First Exclusive​
3.75L
HDFC DCB​
9.73L (Shared Limit)
HDFC Marriott​
9.73L (Shared Limit)
ICICI Sapphiro​
5.6L (Shared Limit)
ICICI Amazon Pay​
5.6L (Shared Limit)
One Card​
5L
SBI Vistara​
4.67L

Last edited:

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
M4B will get you the highest rewards, as mentioned above, you can pay and use it for full payment.

If not, then you can use Plat Travel for up to 4L which should fulfill your yearly milestone and get you 40K points + 10K Taj Voucher.
If you have any spend milestones on Amex Plat Charge, you can bring that out and swipe that too if the dealership accepts Amex.

Using Atlas also works and the reward rate is slightly lower than M4B but spending 15L will bump your tiers up and get you additional benefits.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Magnus Burgundy + Axis Atlas + Yes First Exclusive with 3X subscription + Amex Plat Travel (but most dealerships don't take Amex) + DCB

Don't use any other cards from your list. Best is still MB, but I am not sure about using it for full 15L in a month with credit limit of 9.7L. If it works, great

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Noctis7

TF Select
Making two payments via Magnus Burgundy seems like the best choice here. And the returns from it is so high that you can pay the 2% extra and still make a significant profit if you can use the points well.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
If they are not offering any discounts on the car, then they will oblige after a few requests. If they don't agree to not charge the 2% card surcharge, just approach another dealer. The ones who are not meeting the sales target for the month will succumb.

Spend it on the M4B(9.7L), Amex Plat Travel(4L) and the remaining on DCB. So three split transactions. Or you could apply for an LE(to 15L) on the Axis cards if you have the IT to show for it, and spend it on one card.

SmartSave

TF Premier
Do not pay any extra charges for using CC. I bought my XUV700 (top-end) with downpayment paid by card (decent amount). Same thing dealer tried on me but since I already knew about this illegal extra charges being imposed on gullible customers, I warned them if this gets escalated, then their merchant account will be at risk of getting blacklisted. They tried all tactics, I gave no room for negotiation. The moment you sit down to negotiate is when you get exploited.

Absolutely no need to negotiate, no need to accept. Warn them and tell them to talk to their GM. They'll discuss internally and end up accepting. I bought another vehicle (different brand) just last month, same strategy. Paid via CC again. Similar BS of the dealer demanding extra, paid 0.

P.S. They'll try the usual bullshit about how there is waiting period on the vehicle and how they're getting it so soon for you and blah blah just to justify these extra charges making it seem like they're doing some favor (just BS), again do not accept all this crap. FYI, I'm one of those first 25k bookings, so you can imagine the peak demand this car had (still has to some extent) and yet I still did not pay extra, imagine how much dealer tried since there were customers literally waiting to grab it the moment I would let it go...lol. Good luck!

vivekea

TF Buzz
Narrowed down car search to 2 - XUV700 AX7L or Innova Hycross VX (on-road being quoted is about 32-33 L). Having put down the advance for both, I might take the one which gets delivered first probably which might be as early as Feb'24). I have also initiated the discussion with sales rep on using credit card for 15L and rest will be financed - so far both dearlership have asked for extra 2% - which I am going to negotiate further.

I have below cards with me. Need suggestions from you guys on how to maximize the returns and split the 15L bill here -

CardLimit
Amex Plat Travel434000
Amex Plat Charge
Magnus Burgundy973000
Axis Atlas973000
Yes First Exclusive375000
HDFC DCB973000
HDFC Marriott973000
ICICI Sapphiro560000
ICICI Amazon Pay560000
One Card500000
SBI Vistara467000
I did the same for my recent car purchase for my father. I could get zero MDR for upto 4 lakhs payment via credit card after multiple negotiations with the branch head.

All amount above 4 lakh they agreed to come down to A MDR of. 8%

I used 3 credit cards for a total payment of 15 lakhs and maximized returns on each of the 3 (I had individual card limits of above 15lak but spreading out worked out for me) - DCB, Magnus and select card.