• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buying XUV700/Innova Hycross with Credit Card

aj204~

TF Buzz
Narrowed down car search to 2 - XUV700 AX7L or Innova Hycross VX (on-road being quoted is about 32-33 L). Having put down the advance for both, I might take the one which gets delivered first probably which might be as early as Feb'24). I have also initiated the discussion with sales rep on using credit card for 15L and rest will be financed - so far both dearlership have asked for extra 2% - which I am going to negotiate further.

I have below cards with me. Need suggestions from you guys on how to maximize the returns and split the 15L bill here -

Card
Limit
Amex Plat Travel​
4.34L
Amex Plat Charge​
Magnus Burgundy​
9.73L (Shared Limit)
Axis Atlas​
9.73L (Shared Limit)
Yes First Exclusive​
3.75L
HDFC DCB​
9.73L (Shared Limit)
HDFC Marriott​
9.73L (Shared Limit)
ICICI Sapphiro​
5.6L (Shared Limit)
ICICI Amazon Pay​
5.6L (Shared Limit)
One Card​
5L
SBI Vistara​
4.67L

Last edited:

ankurarora898

TF Select
I bought a small car recently not a fancy one like xuv7OO but got a good deal,might help someone,so here are the details:
Tata cut the price for tiago ev in feb and for the 2023 stock I got like 1 lakh discount over the discounted price.Paid the whole amount with burgundy magnus without paying any mdr.
Over the 1 lakh discount got 10k accesories and a 2 night stay from a scratch card from Tata(don't know how useful is that)
The car costed 8.4L after all the discounts.
Did the payment in two days one swipe for 4L and one for 4.4L and repayment divided in three months feb-march-april( just to get the extra benifits from repayment too like hdfc 1% cashback).
Got 129750 points and some more from repayment too.
ps- the dealer might have agreed for no mdr because we got two cars me and my friend and got their third car sold too to a known.

arko

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i bought brezza worth 14 lakh with 2-3 credit cards ,didn't pay a dime in MDR fees. told i will buy from other dealer and also told them i may buy xuv300 if i don't get a good deal.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Happy to report back that I made the purchase in March 2nd week and took delivery of a XUV700 AXL 2024 model. Negotiated quite a bit and made offers/counter offers and stayed silent for a couple of weeks- but was only able to bring down the dealer to 1.5% MDR. Dealer wasn't ready to budge and I wanted the car for a family occasion urgently - so I decided to bite the bullet instead of waiting any further. Here is a breakup -

Total Paid through card -15.9L
Magnus Burgundy - 9.4L (+1.5% MDR)
SBI Vistara Prime - 4.5L (+1.5% MDR)
American Express Travel card -> Paytm -> UPI - 2.0L (2.65% Wallet Top up charges)

Total charges 20,850 + 5300 = Rs 26150
Total Paid = Rs 16.16L

Spoils (Approx) -
Magnus Burgundy - ~150000 Pts
SBI Vistara Prime - 3 PE Vistara Vouchers + 8000 CV Points
American Express Travel card - 19100 Pts

Unfortunately, I figured out on the day - that Magnus' overall limit is also its daily limit that cannot be breached, hence amount prepaid into magnus did not work out for me and I had to stay within overall limit. Decided to use SBI card as a backup and then had to improvise to use Amex Plat Travel because I fell short after maxing out first 2 cards.

In terms of monetary, I value points as below as my usual conversion on Axis is Accor and Amex is Marriott
Magnus Burgundy - 1.2L Accor Points @ Rs 1.8/Pt = Rs 216000 (~22% return)
SBI Vistara Prime - 7 thousand each for PE tickets and 8000 @ 0.8 Rs/CV point = Rs 27400 (~6% return)
American Express Travel card - 19100 Pts @Rs 0.8/Pt = Rs 15200 (~7.4% return)

Total Paid through CC (including MDR): Rs 16.16L
Total excess MDR = Rs 26150
Total benefit = Rs 258,600
Overall Return = ~16%

Considering that I managed to get 10 times the value of extra charges paid, I feel I did fairly well.
Hope this helps someone
Yes, Axis doesn't let you spend more than the limit for day even if you have extra amount lying.

Bad things.